It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gov Web Bots To Scour Internet for Hate Speech: “Could Potentially Criminalize Thoughts and Expres

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 05:34 AM
link   
This is ridiculous what citizen wants this crap? Does Congress forget that it works for the citizens and the voter?

I was thinking though, and this is the conclusion I came to. These P.C. bots will scour the internet and find a lot of hate speech. Then a lot of money will be spent rounding up people who didn't really do anything and putting them in an already overcrowded prison system -

And it all really starts to look like a waste of taxpayer dollars for nothing, i.m.o.

People are going to speak freely. They always have and always will. People have opinions, which are not always popular with all other opinion-holders. It's not something that can be policed out. It is a waste of effort.

But in any case, there are limited personnel and limited resources for this kind of thing, getting too nit-picky on what people can or cannot say is a waste of them, if there are even enough resources to waste time on this. By the end of the day every citizen has committed a crime, so no one really stands out. Do something productive.
edit on 01amThu, 01 May 2014 06:01:28 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 06:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
What needs to be realized is that most people are not stupid. They know what's going on. They're scared. They don't want their name on a watchlist because they asked too many questions. They know what it means if they acknowledge that "Big Brother" is materializing right before their eyes. They know there is nowhere to go. Nowhere to hide. They believe if they don't rock the boat they'll be OK. And they're probably right.

The only thing to fear is fear itself. If people can detach and look at the situation realistically they will see that it is the government that is overstepping its moral territory, not them, this gives them the power to relax. It gets easier to do this the more outlandish the governmental policies are.

What we get when the government starts to step out of line too much is not fear - fear is for when people still think that they might be the ones doing something wrong, and they are unsure - when it becomes obvious the government is the one in the wrong, we get resolve.

That's just my opinion on things. I am still envisioning a rather long timeline of over-reaching totalitarianism leading to decay and rebirth.

See, people still know what they like and don't like, that is one of those "unalienable" traits. That's where valid opinions come from. So policing the opinions is silly. It doesn't get rid of them or anything like that. They are generated every day.
edit on 01amThu, 01 May 2014 06:14:13 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: flammadraco

I have to wonder if this will apply to all the recent hate speech against the dreaded "white male", and "white Privilege" If you target any other ethnicity in this way you rightfully get branded a racist, but for some reason this is acceptable. It certainly falls under hate speech IMHO.
edit on 1-5-2014 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: flammadraco
a reply to: Battleline

I think it will start as hate speech against racism, LGBT and other ethnic groups but in time it will include being against the TPTB, government and will also include sites like ATS.

TPTB want complete control over the sheeple.

Sad to say but ATS is already controlled by TPTB. If you read 1984 ( a book quoted by many but i suspect read by few) you will understand what i mean. Who ran the printing press.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Well .. if the story is true ... then when GovBot gets to ATS to filter, it's going to have a really big headache. Heck, all the activity here about how much people hate the stupidity of world gov'ts could easily overload and melt down the brain of GovBot.
Yea ATS!

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

i think the reason the "tin hat" slur is used so often, is because the majority of people who talk about this kind of stuff in "public", are the kind people who approach it in such a way as to leave little question in the mind of the observer, that they are certifiably bats**t insane....

it's all a matter of knowing how to talk to people...

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: flammadraco

Well there it goes free speech and badmouthing the government and the elites in power, Amerika the land of the corporate dictatorship.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daedalus

i think the reason the "tin hat" slur is used so often, is because the majority of people who talk about this kind of stuff in "public", are the kind people who approach it in such a way as to leave little question in the mind of the observer, that they are certifiably bats**t insane....

it's all a matter of knowing how to talk to people...

Well, have fun. I have tried to talk to people and I can assure you that I am not insane. Not only that, I have tried to be reasonable with people and talk to them in a manner which didn't push their limits too far. They don't want to understand. They don't want to know. They don't want to be encumbered with the responsibility that goes along with admitting things are not right.

We are all here (well, many of us are) because we (at some point) decided to make that admission to ourselves. Now, the responsibility that each one of us has is that we wake up every day knowing what kind of a world we live in and where things are headed. That is not easy.

Anyway, I'm all talked out with people who aren't listening anyway. I have never once turned anyone and I've never seen it happen no matter how well spoken the individual was.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

it's funny....for a while, when i was in my smartass phase, and i would debate people face to face, i used to carry a roll of foil in my pack...

when i ran into someone, who even when presented with undeniable PROOF of something, called me crazy, and implied i wore a tin hat, i would take the roll of foil, make a tin hat, and offer it to them, telling them "i think you need this more than i do"

if nothing else, it rendered some of them speechless for a minute, which was always good for a grin...

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Wow call me dense but I just figured this out - the government knows that the internet allows for corruption to be found out because of free access to information,

And they want to save their hides, because they know they've been naughty - so they make this "manners bot" to go out there and police the net, and what it is really looking for is people who are onto the corruption, so it can discredit them before they have a chance to speak out.

Because in reality, P.C. is not about politically correct speech at all, it is about trying to sabotage opposing viewpoints through misdirection and emotionalism.
edit on 01pmThu, 01 May 2014 16:24:02 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThichHeaded
So if I say I hate black people, white people, Mexican people, Chinese people, Japanese people, and every other race on the planet where does that put me? in some awesome ass gitmo torture chamber?

I am just being a douche.. stupid racism..

Control them they know not what they do....

you will get less time for smacking them in the mouth. Welcome to mind control

"It is evident that the British government has zero interest preventing racially charged violence, and is instead focussed on enforcing a mental orthodoxy on its white, working class citizens. The racist rhetoric espoused by Woodhouse, West and Stacey cannot be excused, but their only real crime was to cause offense. All three have lost their careers over their statements, and all three are either now in prison or face the serious prospect of a prison sentence and all three did nothing more than to spout repugnant opinions that are almost universally reviled.

Meanwhile, racist young thugs get to walk free; and you can be forgiven for cynically thinking it has something to do with the colour of their skin. No doubt if Rhea Page was a young Muslim and her attackers were white, they could expect long prison sentences for their crimes, and rightly so. Instead they walk free, while Britain fills its prison cells with chavs that have had too much to drink, or got into heated arguments on twitter. No doubt you can expect to see instances of both types of crimes to rise: young thugs are already all too aware of how soft the UK judiciary is on crime, and many working class whites will no doubt see the damage being wrought in their communities and will comment on it. Which is a shame, because the failure of multiculturalism in the UK rests squarely on the shoulders of its leadership. It has failed dismally to integrate the immigrants they already have, while accepting even more inside their borders. The failure to integrate these new Britons stems from the fact that the UK government is so desperate to appear non racist that they will crack down on the slightest hint of racism from whites, while ignoring the worst atrocities carried out by anyone else." From this site intentious.com...

edit on 1-5-2014 by symptomoftheuniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Echo3Foxtrot
I hate everybody. You should all kill each other.

Come at me, bro.

I got a manners violation for pointing out the obvious, you tell people to kill each other and its not a "manners violation" .
PS I am formally disputing the " manners violation" ATS.
On topic -they have had bots scouring the web for years for opposition of memes = so this is not news. How does everyone think the TPTB shills find opposing opinions and ideas they want to squash.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: symptomoftheuniverse

You are spot on with your comments. I am from London but moved away over ten years ago due to the ghettoisation of parts of London. If ethnic minorities moving to the UK did the same thing as the West Indians did in the fifties, we would not have any issues. The West Indians integrated into the British Society, unlike now where large swathes of our Capital City have now been turned into Ghettos for one kind of Ethnic Minority or another. Going from Mile End to Algate, which is about 5 miles of a straight road, street names and parks have had their names changed to suit the ethnic minorities in these areas. Every shop has its sign in a foreign language and not English. This is what is causing tensions in London and the worst of it is we now have Muslim gangs going round certain parts of East London declaring them Sharia Law areas and for White English people not to go through these areas. There will be a race war in the UK in the next decade due to our leadership not tackling the problems.

If we lived by the old saying "When in Rome do as the Romans do" life would be a lot easier.

Getting back on topic, I wonder if the UK had similar Web Bots that this particular response would be classed as Hate Speech as it comes from a White man, but I suppose I could play the Gay card. I do feel for the White Heterosexual man in the UK as they are the only unprotected group in the UK for anything including Employment Law and this is wrong and thus what is causing parties like the BNP to become popular.

edit on 2.5.2014 by flammadraco because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Once identified, the Congressman wants reports to be disseminated to Congress so that they can monitor, control and potentially criminalize thoughts and expressions

Criminalize thoughts and expressions.

edit on 2-5-2014 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
You can't police speech...

This is outrageous and should immediately be shot down by Congress.

Has anyone in DC every even read our Bill of Rights ?

We are turning or Government in "To catch a predator".

Whoever is in power will just arrest their opposition...

Correction: We can't police ALL speech. But now with the ability to potentially scour the internet with bots, it IS possible to police speech on the internet. People will just move their illegal thoughts either to secure networks or offline, though. All that's happening is the internet is increasingly becoming like a public area and because bots can police it the inclination is to do so. It's policing public areas in the digital age.

It's kind of like how you can be naked in your own home but can't be naked in a public area, unless nakedness is lawfully allowed.
edit on 2-5-2014 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
The government already appears to have millions of unpaid bots scouring the internet for "hate speech". They're called liberals.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join