It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donetsk referendum to take place soon, 2000 polling stations ready

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   

voiceofrussia.com...

The Central Election Commission of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People's Republic has set up over 2,000 polling stations and 55 electoral commissions for the upcoming referendum, the head of the Election Commission told RIA Novosti Wednesday.

The referendum on the status of the Donetsk region is scheduled for May 11. Citizens are to answer the question - "Do you support the act on state independence of the Donetsk People's Republic?" Lyagin also specified that over 25,000 members of election commissions "from all territorial districts of the Donetsk region" will be monitoring the referendum. A 70 percent voter turnover is expected in the upcoming vote.

The results of the referendum will be made public on May 12. The activist said that it would signal a starting point. "We will get the right to self-determination and decide the future of our region. If the majority of voters say a 'yes', presidential election slated for May 25 will not take place in the Donetsk region

Well .... Putin must be thanking NATO for interfering in Ukraine , the used pretext of America's interventions as n opportunity to get Crimea and now it looks like they are out to get Donestk region

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: maddy21

Russian mission creep, imo. This was predicted from the onset, as the eastern part of Ukraine is quite pro-Russian. The pundits are saying they are fearing that it might escalate into the Baltic region and Nato would intervene then. No one likes where it's all heading in the distance.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Seems Fascists in Kiev are soon going to lose half of Ukraine. This would be either as independent country or a part of Russia.

If Kiev tries to stop May 11 referendum then Russia will intervene.

Do not agree that similar 'modus operandi' can be applied in Baltics. Putin is not impractical, he will stay out of the already NATO countries.

So much for licking the boots of US/EU, Kiev should have known better.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
This should be interesting there have already been a dozen polls taken in Eastern Ukraine

I wonder if Russia will invade in time to swing the vote

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: victor7
Seems Fascists in Kiev are soon going to lose half of Ukraine. This would be either as independent country or a part of Russia.

If Kiev tries to stop May 11 referendum then Russia will intervene.

Do not agree that similar 'modus operandi' can be applied in Baltics. Putin is not impractical, he will stay out of the already NATO countries.

So much for licking the boots of US/EU, Kiev should have known better.

Oh please, stop ignoring what the people of Ukraine especially in the East are saying, and stop watching Russia MSM

Huge support for the pro Russian movement in the East

Here is one such huge recent rally's

Meanwhile... Just down the road

Hilarious accusations

edit on 30-4-2014 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

I see you are hard at your work, spreading carefully crafted disinfo

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   

I am so sick and tired of US not playing by the rules (spending billions to topple pro-Russian government in Ukraine)

AND THEN GETTING VOCAL when Russia is playing dirty too.

I can't wait for Russia to take half the Ukraine.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

I wonder if Russia will invade in time to swing the vote

Are you still rambling about a 'Russian' invasion? It's been 400+ pgs of that. Its now either Put Up or Shut Up.
. . . And I don't see a whole lotta Put'in up so. .

That map, was that BEFORE or AFTER the Kiev Junta sent their military against the towns people?

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: RadiationAndCancer

I am so sick and tired of US not playing by the rules (spending billions to topple pro-Russian government in Ukraine)

AND THEN GETTING VOCAL when Russia is playing dirty too.

I can't wait for Russia to take half the Ukraine.

Very much hope so too. It will be a good lesson for anyone in CIS wanting to serve tables in the NATO alliance.

new topics

top topics

join