It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I saw someone/something on my roof?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: WhiteAlice

I thought you had firearms on navajo reservations? a few shots at them would sort out your issue lol. I saw a news report about a supposed skinwalker in your area im guessing thats what you think could be their?

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: LvSLoLo

I no longer live out there but I can tell you that it took me about 3 years to stop being nervous about low hanging roof lines after moving far away, lol. Skinny walkers were a problem at night out there sometimes and they weren't always dressed in the buff with a skin. Some of them would be wearing jeans and a button down, lol. Hence why I pondered the possibility with the "long black hair". They wear their hair free and down as they are still on a warpath, I suppose. So yes, that was the thought. Because it's a hush hush subject and the way they are, a lot of people make mistakes about what a skinwalker is.

Yes, fire arms are legal on the res and they do get shot at. There's also lore that guns tend to stick around them, enough where some would sing and sprinkle corn pollen or ash over their gun before going out to defend family and property. We had a crossbow. Shooting at them doesn't sort out the issue. In fact, if you kill one, your life is fubar. They will hunt you and your family til the end of all time.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: WhiteAlice

I must of killed a fair few in a different life then lol. Well at 3am last night i was laid in bed and right above me i heard something loudly jump on my roof again, This time my girlfriend heard the noise as well she said it sounded like 2 things hitting the roof closely together or say if you jumped over a wall and your leg dragged behind and hit the wall a second later

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

lol, yeah, that'd be pretty unnerving. I'd say a raccoon perhaps (because they can sound pretty hefty on a roof) but considering you saw a dude with long hair in a black trench, then that would be one strange looking and large raccoon. If you spot the individual again, maybe call the police? I wouldn't want some stranger on my rooftop. Of course, on the rez, that wasn't an option as the tribal police didn't want anything to do with it, lol.

** Going to correct my statement because it's outdated. When I was living out there, the tribal police would not come to investigate or intervene in skinwalker activity. That has changed since I lived out there. I'm not sure if it has to do with a skin being found, diminishing the "supernatural" status of the skinwalker or what. However, the tribal police now have a task squad specifically for investigating reports of the paranormal--including hunting skinwalkers. There's actually a clip of them that was on a show about the Navajo tribal police. They are outfitted rather like a paranormal SWAT including a mouth covering to prevent poisons from being shot into their mouth.
edit on 3/5/14 by WhiteAlice because: added **

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
LvSLoLo
you may want to invest in a camera or video camera or better yet a smart phone.
It does seem some strange non normal things happen while you are in your garden.
For me I would never run nor turn my eye on anything abnormal. I would stare it down and walk towards it. It will disappear because it really nothing.
now if it's a animal like a lion or a bear well it would be a good thing not to invade its territory.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I dont run away, And when you expect things to happen they never do i always have my phone in my pocket but this thing was out of sight before i could even think of getting my hand to my pocket

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   

That garden of yours sure sees some action!!

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: parad0x122

go to creepypasta

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I will believe in anything supernatural because one night i was wide awake and i thought i heard something outside and i was generally terrified of the outside at night as i looked down i saw the #ing rake and it was exactly how people described it as hairless big and dog like in frame then i look up don't look back until seven hours have passed and it was gone with no trace except for the words "lock your door i'm coming for you" in blood
edit on 11-8-2016 by isawtherake22 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-8-2016 by isawtherake22 because: forgot last part

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I will believe in anything supernatural because one night i was wide awake and i thought i heard something outside and i was generally terrified of the outside at night as i looked down i saw the #ing rake and it was exactly how people described it as hairless big and dog like in frame then i look up don't look back until seven hours have passed and it was gone with no trace except for the words "lock your door i'm coming for you" in blood

link   

link   

link   
edit on 11-8-2016 by isawtherake22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Sounds somewhat familiar, you ever heard of Spring Heeled Jack, who is part of Victorian folklore.

<< 1   >>

join