It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Lets toll the American people to death!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 01:55 PM

originally posted by: jrod
a reply to: JonButtonIII

Well that is one way to look at it. When there are TSA checkpoints along the interstate I may have to consider your opinion. Right now your opinion is a little borderline DT.

Looks like you might have to reconsider my opinion. TSA checkpoints are already here

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 02:22 PM
a reply to: carewemust

Indian does have toll roads.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 02:25 PM

originally posted by: buster2010
Tolls are state not federal and they are used to maintain the highways and to pay for new ones to be built. Some states do take out toll booths after the highway is paid for like in western Ky the state took out all the toll booths. Your complaining is being directed at the wrong government so it is the state you are living in that is your problem. So if you don't want pay the tolls then just drive on an alternate route.

The wife is a CFO for a medium sized Petroleum Distributor, Like beezer says the taxes are already paid. Right now a safe number is 50 cents a gallon goes to taxes at the pump. And they say the oil companies are getting rich. Once you figure tax at the pump, huge permits to drill, taxes on oil profits, taxes on oil employee wages, etc. BP is a piker compared to the US government, and remember all the government has to do for the money is risk nothing and just stick out their hand, or reach into your pocket which ever you prefer.
edit on 30-4-2014 by MarlinGrace because: spelling correction

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 02:48 PM
I suggest people do some research about Intelligent Transportation System. It's a nationwide initiative and it is indeed a big brother project. They want to know where you are, where you've been, and where you're going. Automatic license plate readers. They're going to know if you're speeding, they're going to know if you're drowsy or possibly intoxicated. They're going to know how many miles you drive. They're going to tax you by the mile. They're going to tax you more if you're driving during rush hours or in urban areas. It is tied in with Homeland Security. And it's already being built.

I have figured out how they're going to force people to comply. Have you seen the Progressive Car Insurance commercial advertising a device called SNAPSHOT? It plugs into your OBD-II port under your dashboard. Progressive Insurance is testing the device that will in time be mandated by all car insurance companies if you want an insurance policy and be covered in the event of an accident, you will have to have it plugged into your vehicle. This device will report your speed, mileage, times of travel, your driving style (lead foot or stomping on brakes), everything will be reported. By the year 2020 there will be a vehicle mileage tax in addition to the fuel taxes you already pay! It's already being built on the interstates and toll roads in my state! It is Agenda 21! I will not comply!

wireless traffic sensors

The Progressive SnapShot OBD-II device.

Recent governmental activity in the area of ITS – specifically in the United States – is further motivated by an increasing focus on homeland security. Many of the proposed ITS systems also involve surveillance of the roadways, which is a priority of homeland security.[2] Funding of many systems comes either directly through homeland security organisations or with their approval. Further, ITS can play a role in the rapid mass evacuation of people in urban centres after large casualty events such as a result of a natural disaster or threat. Much of the infrastructure and planning involved with ITS parallels the need for homeland security systems. In the developing world, the migration from rural to urbanized habitats has progressed differently. Many areas of the developing world have urbanised without significant motorisation and the formation of suburbs. A small portion of the population can afford automobiles, but the automobiles greatly increase congestion in these multimodal transportation systems. They also produce considerable of air pollution, pose a significant safety risk, and exacerbate feelings of inequities in the society. High-population density could be supported by a multimodal system of walking, bicycle transportation, motorcycles, buses, and trains.

See how they're painting people that own motor vehicles as being evil? They want everybody to ride a freaking bicycle or walk! Lunatics are running the world!

edit on 30-4-2014 by Mikeultra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 02:49 PM
a reply to: GreenMtnBoys

I dont know how tax paying is over there, but over here you pay a tax for social security and that gives you free* schools and health care, but we pay for schools and to go to a doctor, we pay everything twice! Like you said about the roads, we are paying toals, but actualy our taxes should had cover the building of that road many years ago, so... ?!
This system is all wrong, we are not numbers, we are the productive generation, and we are a lot, so we are all living a political aceptable passive dictatorship.
I'am portugese my father was arrested several times, by the state police before the end of the dictatorship in Portugal, he was fighting for the end of the colonies, and for the laim worker rights i had till a year ago, i feel in revolt!
What is happening is wrecking all constitutions every where.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 03:38 PM

Interstate 78 mile marker 6.5 in New Jersey, notice this photo was taken 12/31/2001. That's just a few months after 911 and the birth of the dreaded Homeland Security. Notice there is no highway check point/weigh station.

Interstate 78 mile marker 6.5 in New Jersey. Photo taken 05/19/2012. See how they stole the farmers land to build their Stasi check point? It's a weigh station/DHS interrogation check point. Where are you coming from? Where are you going? Mind if I look in your vehicle? I'll be taking the old U.S. Routes from now on. I don't care how much longer it takes.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 03:53 PM

But aren't there already taxes in place for roads and such? Isn't that why we pay gasoline taxes?

Sounds like double taxation. - See more at:
a reply to: beezzer

Sure sounds like that to me. We're doubled tax and sometimes triple taxed!

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 04:03 PM
a reply to: carewemust

Illinois does not have a lot of tolls and our roads are horrible. No where near "perfect condition".

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 04:43 PM
Oh man that obumer now forcing amerikans to have to pay for there friggen roads, how dare they, why should amurika have to pay for roads, healthcare,schools,infrastructures, with the hard work they pull, they deserve da best.

Going to be the death of amurika

top topics

<< 1   >>