It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Subway removes ham and bacon from nearly 200 stores and offers halal meat only after 'strong demand

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: luciddream
Not sure why the halal method is being discussed here. That a whole another topic.

This is a business move by the subway owners, not Muslim overlords.

Stop that. You are making sense. Whatever some need so that they can justify their bigotry.

well thought out using the word bigot, deny ignorance what a crock

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Practicing Islamic law in western states? This should never be allowed even if it is just certain areas. Let them know that they can influence policies geared towards their religious laws and they will smell your weakness and use it as precedent for future changes. I swear if the subway that is near me did this I would do whatever it took to make sure that store closed for good.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

True. Smart business move. They'll make more money.
(and the rest of us get more bacon.
)

I don't know how it is in the UK but here in Canada I do not see many Muslims eating at Subway. Just us godless white trash usually. Most of them are owned by E. Indians but I don't think they are Muslim.

UK must have a waay higher Muslim population to make this a smart business move.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
That's funny. I personally refuse to eat halal meat because of my beliefs about animals suffering more than being killed the usual way and also to annoy and preach to my jewish+muslim acquaintances

In this case it's actually a no biggie for me, i never eat at subway. People who do - should speak up and boycott the place.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: JewelOfDenial

It's already worse than that.

They are employing trojan horse tactics, here in the UK, getting into prinicipal/head teacher roles in schools etc.

I heard a story the other day of the kids having to praise allah, at the start of the school day.

But you know what they say, Indoctrinate them while they're young yada yada...

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: MeteoraXV

Hmm they have lost my custom then as I like a bacon sub.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Sorry lucidream n interpod, I am just ranting it probly has something to do with the muslims in my home town the other year refusing to serve me with petrol at their garage when their was a shortage and only serving "their own" forcing us to go elsewhere and running out of petrol and not getting to the hospital on time with my mam to see gran before she died! It probly all stems from then and believe me I am open minded I do not put all the chips in one bowl or woteva I believe there are some bad some good in all walks of life, it just seems to be one thing after another and I am sorry but I do not want to be a muslim!

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: BoovDawg

Those are just disgusting humans beings. Maybe Muslims in UK is like that, but others have had different experience, places like Canada, the Muslims here are more integrated within society.

Never let single experience ruin your life. I dislike many people, their race and religion don't matter.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

)

I don't know how it is in the UK but here in Canada I do not see many Muslims eating at Subway. Just us godless white trash usually. Most of them are owned by E. Indians but I don't think they are Muslim.

UK must have a waay higher Muslim population to make this a smart business move.

Youf kidding rite!? They are taking over!

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

)

4% apparently, so I guess your right not a very smart business move
maybe there is more to this than meets the eye.

I dont think we are breaking T&Cs discussing the finer points, are we

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I dont go to subways and this is just more reason for me not to. They want me to eat meat that has been blessed by a god i dont believe in? Heh, hope you loose your atheist customers over this!

My local chippy was recently taken over by some Muslims. The menu is now halal and for some reason i can buy chicken in a fish and chip shop...

Subway can do what they want. The owners of that fish and chip shop can do what they want. Im just saying, i disagree with their practices.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman
genuine halal slaughter, performed by a muslim who is skilled and trained and knows what to do, is indeed more humane than the western method (which is why i don't like what denmark did a little while ago, it's plain hypocrisy) and the meat tastes just as good. some people don't like taste i guess it tastes a little different because halal (again, genuine halal not fake UK halal) prepared animals are not pumped full of hormones, steroids, antibiotics, enzymes and other chemical goodness...yeah that's some animal rights for you right there, the right to be forcefully drugged

really the only reason people were cheering when denmark banned halal and kosher is that they don't like muslims plain and simple. they could care less about animal rights because they're ignorant and don't know what ritual slaughter actually is. the western meat industry is very profit driven. we eat crap
edit on 30-4-2014 by MeteoraXV because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

a reply to: BoovDawg

Those are just disgusting humans beings. Maybe Muslims in UK is like that, but others have had different experience, places like Canada, the Muslims here are more integrated within society.

Never let single experience ruin your life. I dislike many people, their race and religion don't matter.

if you read what I put in the last line you will see I am not that person I just think they are imposing abit too much its uks own fault, well people at the top I mean it should be like Australia were you have to have points of woteva to benefit the community and what not just storm over here demand this n that have loads of kid then sponge but dont bother helping your fellow people when shiz hits the fan true colours... can't help it just the way I feel in the current climate and honestly I really wish I did not feel this way!

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: MeteoraXV

As true as that may be, that's not the point here so try addressing the actual topic. Are you ok with religious cow towing?

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
i have a problem with this. england is diluting itself. soon there will be nothing left but memories.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: RoScoLaz
i have a problem with this. england is diluting itself. soon there will be nothing left but memories.

yep! Its all gone to shiz enyway...

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I say F it! "If we all had a bong weed all get along..."

And cue quotage removeage... by the PCPD
edit on 30-4-2014 by BoovDawg because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: JewelOfDenial
this is not kowtowing, this is a business move with regards to changing demographics in certain areas of the countries. it's more nuanced than what is assumed. a lot of people seem to associate this news with "omg muzzies are taking over england"

if i ran subway restaurants in heavily muslim populated areas, i'm not going to tell them to stop being muslim and eat my pork sandwiches, no i'm going to take out the bacon and ham and see my business continue

"She said: 'The growing popularity of the Subway chain with the diverse multicultural population across the UK and Ireland means we have to balance the values of many religious communities with the overall aim of improving the health and welfare standards of animals.

'We put a programme into place in 2007 to ensure that the population demographic is taken into account when new store openings are considered in order that we meet consumer demand in each location."

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

edit on 30-4-2014 by MeteoraXV because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I don't have a problem with this at all. It is common to see shops catering to the wants and needs of the local community, I don't see why specific Subway branches should be any different. If I want some bacon and a shop doesn't sell it I will go to a shop that does, Subway isn't a public service.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

)

Most Muslims in Toronto own Popeyes from what i see. The chicken tastes the same lol.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join