It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Subway removes ham and bacon from nearly 200 stores and offers halal meat only after 'strong demand

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
If my store done this I would be really annoyed . But then again my store always ask's if I want bacon with my ham

I usually don't double the meat and have ham as its a cheaper option.

Italian Herbs And Cheese foot long
With cheddar cheese, ham, lettuce, onion, pickle, olives, capsicum, tomatoes, salt and pepper is how I roll when I go to Subway.

I think every store varies in different countries, I heard the US subway isn't as fresh as Australian subway's.
I could bet our MC Donalds could even taste different hear, but its still rubbish.

Hungry Jacks(Burger King) is better than Mc Donalds any day, Mc Donalds lost me when they went all fancy and tried to make their fast food into over priced food.
edit on 30/4/2014 by amraks because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Anybody understand that this is another example of muslims taking over the UK? It's funny to joke about bacon sandwiches until you're living under sharia law.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Why don't they serve both and everyone will be happy. Do Muslim sales really equal 10% of their income? Are they taking polls and counting?

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Doesn't bother me a bit. If the people want that, then it's only smart business to cater to the customer. Many of the chain restaurants in New Mexico have special menu items because they know we like it HOT!

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux
Why don't they serve both and everyone will be happy. Do Muslim sales really equal 10% of their income? Are they taking polls and counting?

By saying that I supposed you think it´s alright how they bleed the animals to death ??

That´s what hallal meat is

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

But what if I come along me as a tourist and want Ham or Bacon?

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
Anybody understand that this is another example of muslims taking over the UK? It's funny to joke about bacon sandwiches until you're living under sharia law.

Who owns Subway again?

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
Doesn't bother me a bit. If the people want that, then it's only smart business to cater to the customer. Many of the chain restaurants in New Mexico have special menu items because they know we like it HOT!

YEarh so hot when they slit the throat on the animals strapped down and then bleed to death
In panic and distress and dies in great pain

... yearh JAMMMM HOT

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: MeteoraXV

originally posted by: Spacespider
I really dislike that kind of meat...
animal abuse at it worst, I recommend everyone don't shop in stores that sales that tortured meat

Know your meat

nice video. the slaughterer was excellent. see how fast the cow lost consciousness from one clean n quick cut

The Independant

Mr Blackwell said the way halal and kosher meat is created, through the throat being slit, resulted in "five or six seconds" of pain for the animal." "They will feel the cut," he said. "They will feel the massive injury of the tissues of the neck. They will perceive the aspiration of blood they will breathe in before they lose consciousness."

Mr Blackwell UKs top vet

"Our view has always been that animals should be stunned. They should be imperceptible to pain as death supervenes,'

Im just guessing that he is slightly better qualified than you

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   

I dont care what region, race, gender, human or alien...

You don't tie down a animal and slit the throat and let them bleed to death, and sometimes cut open while still alive... I worked on a normal slaughterhouse, and no animal suffered there, they where in enough stress and panic after the truck trip.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
spacespider, what are you talking about? the video you posted shows how great halal slaughter is. look at the skill of slaughterer, one quick cut, cow loses all consciousness a few blinks later. bam ready for processing. the bleeding out of the animal is necessary to ensure clean meat free of pathogens.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: MeteoraXV

Welcome to Europe.

This is one thing out of hundreds (both big and small) that the influx of Islam brings. Eroding away Europe bit by bit like a computer virus corrupting a computer program.

Quick! Cover your eyes and sing, "we're all the same...!" before the PC police show up!

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

Those who want to outlaw Islamic slaughter, arguing for a humane method of killing animals for food, are actually more concerned about the feelings of people than those of the animals on whose behalf they appear to speak.

It may be unsightly to witness the Halal method, but what does the animal feel? In truth, the Halal Method is more humane.

Is it less painful to shoot a bolt into a sheep’s brain or to ring a chicken’s neck than to slit its throat? To watch the procedure does not objectively tell us what the animal feels.
The Halal method

With the halal method of slaughter, there was not change in the EEG graph for the first three seconds after the incision was made, indicating that the animal did not feel any pain from the cut itself. This is not surprising. Often, if we cut ourselves with a sharp implement, we do not notice until some time later. The following three seconds were characterised by a condition of deep sleep-like unconciousness brought about by the draining of large quantities of blood from the body. Thereafter the EEG recorded a zero reading, indicating no pain at all, yet at that time the heart was still beating and the body convulsing vigorously as a reflex reaction of the spinal cord. It is this phase which is most unpleasant to onlookers who are falsely convinced that the animal suffers whilst its brain does actually no longer record any sensual messages.

The Western Method

Using the Western method, the animals were apparently unconscious after stunning, and this method of dispatch would appear to be much more peaceful for the onlooker. However, the EEG readings indicated severe pain immediately after stunning. Whereas in the first example, the animal ceases to feel pain due to the brain starvation of blood and oxygen – a brain death, to put it in laymen’s terms – the second example first causes a stoppage of the heart whilst the animal still feels pain. However, there are no unsightly convulsions, which not only means that there is more blood retention in the meat, but also that this method lends itself much more conveniently to the efficiency demands of modern mass slaughter procedures. It is so much easier to dispatch an animal on the conveyor belt, if it does not move.

The Halal Slaughter Controversy

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
No big deal!? THEY GOT RID OF BACON! If this happens in N. America I will never eat a Subway sub again, but go else were and get lots of bacon on my lunch.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Well it just goes to show how numbers influence decisions. So enough Muslims want Halal then down the pike it comes. All we need to do is teach the Muslim community about GMO foods and BAM!...They're gone!!!

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Exactly! But evry1 in charge to scared to say no to one little thing coz oh no it mite not be PC!

Yep!

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: BoovDawg

So, a company FREELY CHOOSING to serve its customers what they want means those customers are taking over the place??? LOL Hilarious!

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

No, I don't think it's humane. But it sounds like they are offering halal INSTEAD of bacon. If some pigs are processed one way and some another, I in my clear conscious can choose which process I would prefer to support by purchasing said product. Are you suggesting a boycott of Subway? All of them? Because many are independently owned and maybe aren't participating in the switcheroo.
edit on 30-4-2014 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic
Good post, excellent information.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
If the neighborhood the store is in is primarily halal, I don't see a big deal here at all.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join