It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racism- Blatant Hipocrisy

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: QueenofSpades
we are all EQUALLY protected under the Constitution...
right?
Thoughts?

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

The Constitution protects us (theoretically) from government intrusion. To my knowledge, the government isn't doing anything to Mr Sterling. The NBA is a billionaire boys' private club. You have to be approved to be a member, you have to accept the terms and conditions. Some of those aren't made public. If you pull something that affects the revenue stream for the other members in a potentially negative way, they can boot you. All it takes is a vote of the membership.

Oh and he'll garner about another billion when he sells the team. I'm sure not weeping for this chump. Everyone's known for 30+ years what he is and how he thinks. Now that it's created enough controversy to cause some serious negative light, they're going to flush him.

Big deal. He'll take that billion and some other sleazebag will glom onto him and try to snag as much of it as she can. It's a pretty disgusting dance that everyone has been more than willing to overlook, until his sheer stupidity (and that's exactly what the punishment is for)and hubris bit him.

Meh.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Pimpish

Now, to address my point, I was threatened after one Somalian man accidentally hit my truck with a shopping cart and after I said WTF he and his two friends had attempted to start a fight. I had a friend with me who diffused the situation, thankfully. But that is simply one of many incidents that I've either been involved or heard about. Being an Ahole doesn't know skin color. What I'm trying to say is that perhaps all Muslims don't hate Christians, but all jihadis hate Christians. They just didn't wake up one day and start to think that. If that makes any sense?

Being a true racist takes work and conditioning. To be callous and unthinking and to hold racial biases that everyone grows up with is a little easier. That usually doesn't mean that you're going to work against giving someone a fair shake because they don't share the same heritage as you. People try too hard to make a mountain out of the molehill.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: QueenofSpades

It's good that you see through the BS.
Not many people do.

I didn't know that Jamie 'google-eye' Fox thinks that black people are the "most talented". But I knew that he is a scumbag, black power racist.

Quentin Tarantino lost his creative edge long ago. Django and Inglorious Basterds are awful. I guess Quentin has become a lapdog for the illuminati.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: dfens
Many jews hate Christians just as bad, IMO. They also hate people from rural areas too. I lived in DC for a few years, I witnessed racism first hand.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: QueenofSpades

I like you QoS, you obviously have a brain in that head bobbing on your shoulders!

But race = money. As long as there are two sides to something, someone will find a way to make money off of it. Political correctness has made it even more profitable. And like idiots, we fall hook line and sinker into it.

Here's where I stand on race.

I fully believe that although we're all humans, we're different. And that's a good thing! Instead of denying us the right to acknowledge and revel in our uniqueness, we're being told "we're all the same". And in my opinion, that's denying us to enjoy who we are.

If blacks want to use the "N" word, more the power to them. But don't get upset if we get upset if you call us "crackers". (The fact I can't write the "N" word on ATS but I can write "crackers" proves already the point of QoS's thread.)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I believe he refers to whites as "crackas" in verse three.

www.azlyrics.com...

Just saying.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I personally think "freedom of Speech" means you are free to offend anybody you like with your bigotry....
How else can everyone else determine who and what YOU are?......just askin...

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Jay Z also said something like, "no more white lies, my president is black.

popculturemadness.blogspot.com...

He also allegedly denied white people into his VIP party.

www.saveyourrights.com...

Again just saying.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

He uses the N-word a lot, too. So, is he racist toward black and white people? I really can't find anything that shows me that Jay-Z is racist. The use of a word in a song is hardly proof that he thinks black people are inherently better than white people.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

Jay-Z Party Rumors

The Daily Star‘s reporter neglected to mention a few facts that Gossip Cop found out after some investigation.

(1) About 40 percent of the guests in the VIP area were WHITE (there’s even video footage to back it up).

(2) While reporters from other newspapers were invited to Jay-Z’s party, the female reporter who claimed no white people were allowed was actually NOT invited to the party at all, says one of the organizers.

(3) Because that reporter wasn’t invited, she did NOT have the appropriate wristband that security needed to see in order to let her into the VIP area, which is why she – not every white person – was refused entrance.

Gossip Cop is told the reporter repeatedly tried to get into the VIP area, but when she wasn’t allowed in, “she left in a huff,” and had a few choice words for the door staff before leaving and later filing her “white people were not welcome” story.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Oh I coudln't care less what Jay Z or the Clippers owner believes. You asked for some sort of evidence that Jay Z is racist. Not that anything I linked is concrete, it is something.

That being said, if people believe that using the "N" word equates to racism, wouldn't it also be fair to say using the "C" word (cracka) alse equates to the same?

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Good debunk.

What about the statement, "no more WHITE lies, my president is black." Was their no hidden meaning in that sentence?

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

No I don't feel a black person that uses the "N" word against another black person is racist. However, I feel it is hypocritical that they get mad when another race uses it.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I never have particularly cared what color someone's skin was, but I sure as hell wish a whole lot of people could thicken theirs up a little. All this babble about who's the most offensive and offended.

Buncha precious little hothouse orchids.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: TorqueyThePig
What about the statement, "no more WHITE lies, my president is black." Was their no hidden meaning in that sentence?

Let's look at the lyric in context, shall we?

My President is black
In fact, he's half-white
So even in a racist's mind, he's half-right
So if you got a racist mind, you be alright
My President is black, but his House is all White

Rosa Parks sat so Martin Luther could walk
Martin Luther walked so Barack Obama could run
Barack Obama ran so all the children could fly
So I'ma spread my wings, you can meet me in the sky

I already got my own clothes, already got my own shoes
I was hot before Barack, imagine what I'm gon' do
Hello Miss America
Hey pretty lady,
Red, white, and blue flag, wave for me, baby
Never thought I'd say this (*)
Baby, I'm good
You can keep your (*)
I don't want no more Bush (*)
No more war, no more Iraq
No more white lies, the President is Black!

He's talking about the Bush years and the wars that were started based on LIES.

Have you ever heard of the term "white lie"? And even if it is a double entendre, I can't tell you how many times I've said that "Congress is a bunch of old white men". Just because a person mentions a race does not mean he's racist.

No one has proven to me that Jay-Z is a racist. They've picked out a few words here and there and taken them out of context and believed rumors... It's like you WANT him to be racist, but I'm not sold.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: yeahright

Good response! People using the race card to wallow in the bully pulpit, is so shameless. Nobody is exactly held down by race anymore, but it sure is used a lot to further agendas. MLK might be shocked to see his efforts exploited as they are today. People read between the lines even if they refuse to admit it.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: dfens

Nobody is exactly held down by race anymore, but it sure is used a lot to further agenda

Most ignorant statement i saw today.

No wonder people like you think racism doesn't exist and support this PoS.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Yeah, you do read eerily similar to ButterCookie...

Racism is racism, and everyone is capable of it. Reverse racism is a ridiculous concept though - pretty much sounds like the majority have now become the primary victims. Suuuuure.

At the moment, I'm reserving judgement on the NBA's decision. Unless he signed a contract that conflicts with his recent (lol no, he's been like this for years) behaviour then they should have left him. The players would be free to leave, and black people certainly wouldn't go to his games... he'll never get my money now should I visit the US.

Either way, he would have been forced to sell the team, and none of the outraged conservatives would have a leg to stand on. If Oprah said she didn't want white people to watch her shows, would white people be unreasonable in boycotting her?

Of course not. Maybe I'm wasting my time; the concept of race in the US is something I can never get my head around, but if you all only understood how easily it proliferates into other English-speaking environments. All of a sudden, this UKIP racism scandal has exploded and - - I'm getting off topic.

Bottom line, in disagreement with another poster, the 'races' are nowhere near as different as you may think. In fact, many of us think the same way, and I'm sure the OP would agree on that, considering the spectrum of opinions present in this thread alone. To quote one great black man, why can't we all just get along?

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Completely understood. In your opinion there were no racist undertones in what he said. In my opinion there were. Ahh the beauty of America.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: luciddream

What you confuse as racism, is also a tool to use against people as an unspoken wedge. To get over on another. Being since you're falling for it, you may be part of the problem.

The word you may be looking for is jealousy. Prideful people tend to attack on weaker folks regardless of race or ideology. The fact that people cry racism for the simple fact that people like you eat it up and defend a defenseless position is the same reason why people do it. Simply because it works.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join