It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racism- Blatant Hipocrisy

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I love when thread start with "As a black person" lol... suppose to represent all black or something.

On the other hand, mmmmmmmmm hmmmm butter cookies. *cough* *cough* *wink* wink*

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: QueenofSpades
Jamie Fox- "It was great to kill all the white people" (when asked publically about 'Django')

He was on Saturday Night Live. He said it jokingly. It was a joke on slavery and racism. It wasn't politically correct, but he's a comedian. If you want to boycott him, feel free. But the truth is, most people realize the meaning of his words and are NOT offended by it.

I can't believe how many people cry for blacks to be politically correct, but support and defend white people being politically incorrect and bitch about political correctness, like it's the plague. But when a black person is politically incorrect, you go on the attack...

Rappers Lil' Wayne, Lil Boosie, Yo Gotti, Gucci Mane, Jay Z, T.I., Kanye West, Niki Minaj, Chief Keef, Ice Cube (with NWA), and ALL the rest except Will Smith- 98% of their songs, played publically on the radio, that refer to blacks as the 'n' word. In their references, they call them dumb, stupid, ugly, and most of all they described the manner in which they will murder a 'n'.

How is that racist? How is a rapper using the N-word racist?

Everyone complains about Jay-Z being racist. Can someone give me some examples? I know about the necklace he wore, I'm talking about lyrics or statements he's made.

The difference between Sterling and Jay-Z is that Sterling's fans, players, etc., did NOT like what he said and they took action. Jay-Z's fans, players, etc., don't mind what he said. If Jay-Z's fans did not like what he said, they could freely boycott and complain, just as Sterling's players did.

BOTH of them have first amendment rights and are free to speak their minds. You don't like Kanye, don't buy his records.
edit on 4/30/2014 by Benevolent Heretic because: typo

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: QueenofSpades

Jamie Foxx is ok, but he is no Red Foxx. He has it all wrong, anyways. Wayne Brady is the most talented black man in America. Makes Bryant Gumbel look like Malcolm X.

Jokes aside, why does everything have to be reduced back to race-baiting? Jamie Foxx is successful in his own right, and perhaps he was just asked his opinion. A white man telling his opinion was just banned for life by the NBA. Some say set up. Double standards seem to apply.

Ask me, or not, about Jamie Foxx's opinion, or Bundy's, or Sterling's, or Farrakhan's, or Obama's, it really doesn't faze me. I don't get outraged, and I'm not crying myself to sleep at night because of their hurtful words or tones.

My nephew is quite talented at extemporaneous speaking, which is open-ended debate. I have been debating, myself, in order to win the state championship, all you need to do is, be black and debate a white guy. It is apparently working in ''the real world'' so why can't it work at the high school level?

As people keep stepping up the level of their mock outrage, it only reinforces a racial divide that isn't as blatant as they would like you to believe.

People rarely hurt others simply because of the color of their skin. But, they are hurting others with public flaming over the color of their skin. It seems to be a black vs. white thing. It is getting ridiculous, and insane. They should take away tv and make these pundits go out in public and explain why, in person, they are being so unjustly persecuted, as if they speak for the entire race. Those people are merely around to piss people off on purpose. Rant off.

edit on 30-4-2014 by dfens because: spieling

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
The difference between Sterling and Jay-Z is that Sterling's fans, players, etc., did NOT like what he said and they took action. Jay-Z's fans, players, etc., don't mind what he said.

So it's okay to be racist or a bigot if racist bigoted people agree with you? Okay ... I know you must not have meant it that way, so would you like to reword what you said?

edit on 4/30/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: luciddream
I love when thread start with "As a black person" lol... suppose to represent all black or something.

On the other hand, mmmmmmmmm hmmmm butter cookies. *cough* *cough* *wink* wink*

I decided to start the thread that way, not as a representative of all blacks (that was an ignorant assumption), but because of the very real sentiment that most blacks support the NBA's decision, whereras I don't. Most blacks think that blacks can't be racist; I don't believe that.

That's why.

ButterCookie and I sure do think alike, huh?

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

The difference between Sterling and Jay-Z is that Sterling's fans, players, etc., did NOT like what he said and they took action. Jay-Z's fans, players, etc., don't mind what he said.

So it's okay to be racist or a bigot if racist bigoted people agree with you? Okay ... I know you must not have meant it that way, so would you like to reword what you said?

When I read Benevolent Hereric's post I just shook my head...

Yes, "I liked killing all white people" and "I'm about to shoot me some 'n's today" (gangster rap) is ABSOLUTELY racist, if "Don't bring 'N''s to my games is racist.

As far as blacks being upset and offended at Sterling, but cool and OK, even dance to the beat of the 'n' word in gangster rap spells out the most insane part about the hipocrisy.

If the 'N' word is offensive, then why is it only supported by other blacks??

My title says it all....

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

I decided to start the thread that way, not as a representative of all blacks (that was an ignorant assumption), but because of the very real sentiment that most blacks support the NBA's decision, whereras I don't. Most blacks think that blacks can't be racist; I don't believe that.

That's why.

Of course black are also racist, who said they weren't? Black and NON blacks such as me support the decision because someone who manages group players should not discriminate them by their skin colour.

If i here my supervisor say to someone "i don't like Luciddream's kind, they are etc etc".. you think i will be happy working under him after that?

ButterCookie and I sure do think alike, huh?

Yeah, never met a person that would do anything to get a pat in the head. Even far as trashing their own skin colour.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
So it's okay to be racist or a bigot if racist bigoted people agree with you?

It's Okay to be racist, period. It's a freedom. That doesn't mean there won't be consequences.

Donald Sterling was in the position of being the owner of a mostly-black team. Saying something against black people is going to cause repercussions.

Jay-Z is in the position of being an entertainer with a variety of fans of different races. His lyrics, thoughts and opinions are appreciated by his fans. His fans relate to him. Now, if Jay-Z had some lyrics about how he's above his fans, they may not like it and would be free to take action, just as the Clipper's fans and players did.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: QueenofSpades

All due respect, he never said Ns.

Now, the only black Africans I know and have dealt with are Somalians. I don't dislike them because of their skin tone, I dislike a majority of them because they are not nice people. Technically that would make me a racist because my last sentence would be left out. Do you see the disconnect and jump to conclusions on that one? It's not funny because it's proven true more often than not.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: dfens

If you dislike someone based on their country of origin, then yes, you are racist. If you've met and spent enough time with them to then decide you don't like them, that wouldn't be racist, but then you wouldn't be throwing an entire country under the bus either, just that person and/or people you spent time with and didn't like.

In that case, you would most likely say you didn't like x, y, or z by name, as opposed to you don't like Somalians...which is racist.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   

When I read Benevolent Hereric's post I just shook my head...

Do you have the guts to talk to ME about it and answer my questions?

If the 'N' word is offensive, then why is it only supported by other blacks??

If you REALLY want to know, read the link below. If you're just complaining, then ignore it.

I don't find words offensive, for the most part, but I never use the N-word. It's just not in my vocabulary, just like the C-word. But we have freedom of speech in this country and I support that, even if I don't agree with it.

Why Black People can Use the N-word: A Perspective

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: luciddream

Wow. In what way do I trash my own skin color? Oh, because I simply offered a critique of the black community...

It's always bound to get you labled as self-hater.

Also, why would you leave your job? You didn't say yuo would leave if you were treated unfairly, you said you would leave if the boss THOUGHT negatively about your race... that is some serious thought-control.

You will eventually see that you cannot police people's personal thought about you.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

SMH...

I looked at the article you sent, and before I read it, I KNEW the ridiculous argument that it was going to spout:

"The use of whether 'er' or 'ah' is at the end?"

This has always been an INSANE 'argument'. So now a word that was created to demean blacks undergoes a 'linguistic' change and VOILA- it is now appropriate?

Do you realize how silly that is??

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   

a reply to: muse7

Please don't miss my point...

You state that I should take issue with the music or movie industry; the point was that racist comments have ALWAYS been allowed, especially about blacks. Listen to any gangster rap song of the 90's, even of today. Count how many times you will hear how someone is ready to murder a 'n'...

You would almost think the KKK wrote these lyrics.

My point was that the Mr. Sterling's right to his free speech has now caused him permanent dissociation from his team, the NBA, and complete with a 2.5 million dollar fine. Even though its not a legal battle in the court system, the NBA is sending a very strong political message.

THOUGHT-CONTROL

I'm afraid you're grasping at straws.

What political message are they sending? That' they don't want to be associated with bigots and racists? That they don't want racists owning teams?

Like I said, Donald Sterling is free to remain a racist. The NBA however does not want him to be a part of their league.

If you walked into a restaurant and got a black waiter, and then for some reason you couldn't control yourself and called him the "N" word and you got kicked out...would that restaurant be violating your freedom of speech?

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Pimpish

Ha! I live in one of the largest enclaves of Somalians in the US. I said what I did and did not lie. Some are pretty nice people and many of the males are very mean and hateful. As a culture, that has been, more or less, transported here against their will due to US policies of bombing the crap out of their homeland and forcing their immigration and supporting tribal warlords, they have a general distrust of Americans. This is manifested in many ways.

Now when I get threatened in a parking lot and called a POS white American, is that racist? It's the same as being in a ghetto in Mexico and being called a POS gringo. Nobody screams racism then, right? When I bring my accusations to the media, if I even cared enough to do so, guess what they say? Non-story. There is such a thing as reverse racism in this country and there are certain people who line up to use it to their own advantage for personal gain. If I am lying, prove it wrong. Simple example is that now Magic gets to buy the Clippers NBA franchise simply because an old white dude is racist. Go figure.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Well, there is no picking and choosing. Either we have freedom of speech or we don't. You cannot sit there and back up Sterling's position with a freedom of speech justification then turn around and point fingers are what democrats are saying because they are protected by the same freedom of speech laws that you are using to back up Sterling.

Because what your saying is "Oh, what is said doesn't matter. But what those rappers and democrats said, that is true racism!" Come on, *sigh*. Freedom of speech is freedom is speech. There is a reason why you can't yell fire in a crowded room.

He is an owner of an NBA franchise. That is a brand. A GLOBAL BRAND. How are you going to market your product to other countries, with comments like his floating around? Don't record yourself saying things about a group of people unless you are willing to back up your statements or face the consequences.

The players have moral contract when they sign and so do the owners. He didn't live up to it and is now facing the consequences.
edit on 30-4-2014 by cenpuppie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   

I looked at the article you sent, and before I read it, I KNEW the ridiculous argument that it was going to spout:

"The use of whether 'er' or 'ah' is at the end?"

That was only a small PART of the explanation. But I see you already know what it says so don't bother... You don't REALLY want to know why it's OK for some and not others, you just want to complain about it.

So now a word that was created to demean blacks undergoes a 'linguistic' change and VOILA- it is now appropriate?

Like the word "gay". It's hasn't always meant homosexual, but the gays commandeered it and changed it to have a positive meaning.
Source

Do you realize how silly that is??

Silly or not, it's the way it is.
edit on 4/30/2014 by Benevolent Heretic because: add link

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   

ahhh okay ... I knew you must have been meaning something different then how it looked to me. That's why I asked for the rewrite. Thanks.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: dfens

I don't believe in any such thing called reverse racism. There's just racism and many different skin colors are guilty of it. If you're casting aspersions on an entire country because of the few individuals you know, then yes, that's racist.

I don't know the details surrounding your other comments. If you were acting like a POS white American, and someone called you that, then no that's not racist, that's just pointing out a fact. If you're acting like a POS gringo and someone calls you that, again, that's just pointing out a fact.

If you've done nothing to deserve that and they're saying it simply because of the color of your skin, then yes, that's racism, not reverse racism.

As far as Magic buying the Clippers...there are still a lot of things that have to happen before that's even possible. Heck, they still need to vote if they're going to force him to even sell or not. Then there are other buyers lined up, so Magic is going to have to get with whatever ownership group he wants to put together and put in a bid just like anyone else.

Not sure where you're going with that though, Magic didn't make Sterling say what he said. If he does end up owning the Clippers due to Sterling's stupidity, then good for him, but Magic didn't create this, Sterling did. Are you saying if Sterling is forced to sell the Clippers that only a white person should be able to buy them? I'm don't think I understand your point there.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Whatever you do, don't call a black man a gay thug. In that context, it has no positive meaning and ''thug'' is becoming the new ''N-word'' if you listen to certain mouthpieces.

Another example... What does ''trailer-trash'' mean to you?

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join