It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oklahoma Botched Execution - Clayton Lockett took 45 Minutes to Die

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok
Morphine overdoses usually cause a lot of puking so the state would probably have to forego that last meal service they offer which would cause the bleeding hearts to scream "cruel and unusual" all over again. *sigh*

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
JEEZ! Like there are not enough drugs out there to kill a person. They say that the cocktail of the three drugs used in lethal injections are very hard to come by. I am all for the death penalty, however it may be done. But why not just give the person a hot-shot of heroin and be done with it?

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: whitewave
Morphine overdoses usually cause a lot of puking so the state would probably have to forego that last meal service they offer which would cause the bleeding hearts to scream "cruel and unusual" all over again. *sigh*

I guess you have a point.

You likely wont even know your puking as you will be fairy land but likely doesn't look good to observers....

Maybe they should just ban observers?

Other good way is a gas chamber of Nitrous oxide. You would suffocate with a smile on your face! In fact that sounds a good way to die I think I may try that if I get terminal cancer

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
IMHO just put these monsters in a small room with a window, nothing to read, no music, no tv, just a rope on the ceiling
a bed and a chair and let time do its work....

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I can't believe this. This guy was a rapist and a murderer. And we are concerned that his death wasn't peaceful enough? When humanity and civilized societies have lost all their stomach for justice and punishment violence and evil will reign and thrive. How many guys like this will think twice now? NONE! Human animals who destroy innocent life should be treated as such. Why not a mechanism like a captive bolt gun or bullet to the head? Why worry about all these fancy drugs etc? I mean come on!!!!!

Charles Warner raped an 11 month old!!!! Her anus was bleeding and her rectum was torn. His execution is now on hold. Think about that for a second. He anally raped a f#%#ing 11 month old BABY!!!!!!! These human beings are beyond repair and rehabilitation. They don't deserve to spend their entire life in prison so they can "find Jesus". They don't deserve three hots and a cot. At best they should be doing hard labor and worked like a dog. Chained like one and beaten when out of line. A human being wants to act like an animal they should die like one.

Even animals don't rape their offspring! People are pussies nowadays and that's why evil has flourished , good people are weak.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: drneville
IMHO just put these monsters in a small room with a window, nothing to read, no music, no tv, just a rope on the ceiling
a bed and a chair and let time do its work....

That a thing I dont get with prisons.

When it comes to violent Criminals like rapists and Murderers why do they go through all these suicide prevention measures?

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: GreenMtnBoys

So you want to drag yourself down to their level by giving them as cruel as a death as possible? That's not justice, that's vengeance. That's cruelty and barbarism. And we aren't talking about giving them a 'peaceful' death. We're talking about a quick death. That's what the State - if it has to execute people at all (and it had damn well better make sure that they are guilty in the first place) - should do. No vengeance, no cruelty, no agonising dragged-out death.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg
a reply to: GreenMtnBoys

So you want to drag yourself down to their level by giving them as cruel as a death as possible? That's not justice, that's vengeance. That's cruelty and barbarism. And we aren't talking about giving them a 'peaceful' death. We're talking about a quick death. That's what the State - if it has to execute people at all (and it had damn well better make sure that they are guilty in the first place) - should do. No vengeance, no cruelty, no agonising dragged-out death.

Who said cruel?????? A bullet to the head is cheap and efficient. Working like a dog doing hard labor isn't cruel. It's not vengeance. Vengeance would be putting me in a room with him and ripping him from limb to limb if that was my 11 month old baby. And no the state shouldn't be in the business of vengeance. But as a father I sure as hell am!!!! My point is good people need to instill fear in the evil animals that are walking this planet. Those who will prey on our daughters, our babies, our women, the elderly etc. it's not stooping to their level.... It's called taking out the trash in order to live in a better world and future. People like you thankfully live in a modern world where you can hide behind the state and things like police and fancy drugs to peacefully kill the killers of our species. The world wasn't always like that and will not remain as such. Take a look around you, outside of your bubble evil is flourishing all over the world, and the US obviously run by people like you do nothing to stomp it out.

Part of being good, and right, and just human beings means you know how and when to dole out violence while keeping your morality intact for the betterment if society. It's not an easy task for sure. But it's a necessary one.

Or to put it simply, there are wolves, sheep, and sheep dogs in this world. America used to be a country of sheepdogs. Now we are sheep being terrorized by a growing number of wolves. Not everyone like yourself understands the job of a sheepdog.
edit on 30-4-2014 by GreenMtnBoys because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

originally posted by: beezzer

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: NavyDoc
a reply to: FlyersFan

It wasn't botched. The piece of # is dead isn't he?

Here is what he did:

The spree in June 1999 began when Lockett and two others forced their way into Bobby Bornt's residence in Perry, police said. Nieman, 19, of Perry and another 19-year-old from Perry arrived at the home and were accosted by the men and had their hands bound with duct tape. One of the women was raped. Authorities said the women did not know the suspects.

Bornt, his 9-month-old son, and the two women were taken to a location in Kay County where Neiman was shot. Police said the others were put back in trucks, driven back to Perry and released. The child was not harmed.

Neiman's body was found in a shallow grave along a dirt road near Tonkawa. One of the suspects led police to the body.

The woman's two friends have said they believed they were allowed to live because they had children.

In addition to the murder charge, Lockett was found guilty of conspiracy, first-degree burglary, three counts of assault with a dangerous weapon, three counts of forcible oral sodomy, four counts of first-degree rape, four counts of kidnapping and two counts of robbery by force and fear. The charges were after former convictions of two or more felonies, according to the court clerk's office.

It should have been more painful for this animal.

For such a sticker for the US constitution you seem to be forgetting the 8th amendment.

Either you respect it all or dont respect it at all.

Then why can't the 8th be used towards those that commit abortions?

Abortions are not the topic on discussion here. And they are not criminal executions.

The death penalty is often brought up during abortion debates.

I find it ironic that many would be horrified against the death penalty yet find no issue with abortion.

This is why I bring it up.

I find parallels with each aspect.

Wow I can't tell you how many times I have said the same. The difference between the two is one gets a trial to defend.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Murders should be killed the same way they murdered. In this guy's case, he should have been shot non-mortally, duct taped over the mouth..and then buried alive by hand shovels.

But on the other side of the coin, the Bible says, "Thou shall not kill". Do you think it's referring to people, or directing us not to even swat a mosquito intentionally?
edit on 4/30/2014 by carewemust because: correct a spelling error

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
We should stop wasting money on expensive chemicals. Inject an air bubble...straight to the heart. Bam. Gone.

I am definitely not against capital punishment for egregious crimes. What I am against, though, is the ENDLESS appeal cycle. One appeal per judicial level. Six months at the most on Death Row. These cases bog down our court system, keep our prisons full...ludicrous.

As for all those hundreds and hundreds of so-called innocent people going to their death which anti-capital punishment folks tout...I'm pretty sure that if you keep your head down and your nose clean, stay away from any criminal activity, try to be a productive member of society...the likelihood of you being arrested, indicted and convicted of a capital offense is just about nil. I would say that 99.9% of those "innocent" victims of wrongful executions aren't all that innocent...

Just another heartless bitch putting in her two cents worth...

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

I get where you're coming from. I sincerely wish all humanity could live in peace and prosper... the USA hates and loves it's miscreants ....we hate the deed but we LOVE the upset, the NEWS, the sensationalism!! Not me. I could give a %&^&*. I am tired of all of it. Preventing it? Why that would involve $ . Lots of $ that people don't want to spend for the greater good. It's all about the money here - always has been and always might be...

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Well...this is perfect timing. Now we can see just how well this type of punishment curtails the crime rate....

Source

The sultan of Brunei reportedly announced strict Islamic criminal punishments to go into effect May 1.

"With faith and gratitude to Allah the almighty, I declare that tomorrow, Thursday 1 May 2014, will see the enforcement of sharia law phase one, to be followed by the other phases," Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah said in a royal decree Wednesday, according to The Guardian.

The penalties reportedly will include flogging, severing of limbs and death by stoning.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jansy
We should stop wasting money on expensive chemicals. Inject an air bubble...straight to the heart. Bam. Gone.

I am definitely not against capital punishment for egregious crimes. What I am against, though, is the ENDLESS appeal cycle. One appeal per judicial level. Six months at the most on Death Row. These cases bog down our court system, keep our prisons full...ludicrous.

As for all those hundreds and hundreds of so-called innocent people going to their death which anti-capital punishment folks tout...I'm pretty sure that if you keep your head down and your nose clean, stay away from any criminal activity, try to be a productive member of society...the likelihood of you being arrested, indicted and convicted of a capital offense is just about nil. I would say that 99.9% of those "innocent" victims of wrongful executions aren't all that innocent...

Just another heartless bitch putting in her two cents worth...

That is an interesting point. I've seen several news articles where the person removed from death row was not "innocent" by any stretch, just not guilty of the specific count that put him on death row. Like "he didn't rape the girl, he held her down while his buddy did the actual raping," or "he didn't pull the trigger, he robbed the place with a gun, but the fatal bullet came from his buddy's gun, not his." That sort of thing.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

I'm going to chime in here, I really don't care. GreenMtnBoys is right. Sometimes vengeance is the path. Do you really think that anally raping anyone (especially an 11 month old child) is right? How do you fix someone that twisted? How? If you think you can fix them, go to the prison and talk to them - take them in and nurture them, let them live in your home with your wife and children...Oh I know it's all about quick and merciful deaths but were they merciful to their vicitims - no they wanted to relish the suffering. We don't relish it, but it's what's due.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: EveStreet
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

I'm going to chime in here, I really don't care. GreenMtnBoys is right. Sometimes vengeance is the path. Do you really think that anally raping anyone (especially an 11 month old child) is right? How do you fix someone that twisted? How? If you think you can fix them, go to the prison and talk to them - take them in and nurture them, let them live in your home with your wife and children...Oh I know it's all about quick and merciful deaths but were they merciful to their vicitims - no they wanted to relish the suffering. We don't relish it, but it's what's due.

That and for those that try to bring religion into this fight, I don't recall any god giving a damn about killing millions all at once. I mean take Christianity for instance.....how many people died at the hand of God in the bible? MILLIONS.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Many of the responses in this thread have made me feel nauseous. Such unbridled hatred and vitriol. In fact some of you seem to be taking pleasure from it. You decry the actions of killers and shout loudly that their actions were wrong and heinous and then in the same breath claim that the only way to correct this wrong is to commit the same kind of vile acts.

Some of you seem to delight in thinking up even more lurid and grotesque tortures and forms of execution. With that kind of thought process you're no different from the people you condemn.

I used to enjoy coming on this site, but reading comments like the ones posted here makes me depressed. In fact it makes me sad to be of the same species.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Kram09

No, think of it as....

Someone has to stand up for the victims.

That leaves us good people to defeat the evil ones.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

This I can speak to. If ONE angel came down from the heavens and set free someone set to burn at the stake for "heresy" or "witchcraft" both human "made up" crimes then there would have been none of that nonsense. No one saves the innocents from torture or death - no one comes down from the sky to save us. ONE INSTANCE would set the world on a different path than the barbarous one...We were born to question and we need proof.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

true, thats why I or you alone shouldnt be able to dictate what it means. The MAJORITY do.

Most people would agree with me, hence that is what THE PEOPLE want it to mean.

If they all shared your ideal, I and those like me who share my ideals would have to try to convince them of our reasons.

When we fail to do so, we would have to accept that the will of the people is being served. Calling them names because they dont agree with our interpretation based on OUR ideals would be of poor spirit and illogical.

Do you deny is says in the USA consititutions 8th Amendment : Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted ?

Would you deny torturing someone to death is cruel?

Therefore inflicting a execution method that deliberately is known to cause unnecessarily pain and suffering and torturing one to death as being encouraged by some on here is breaking the constitution.

No ifs or buts

No capital punishment is not unconstitutional BUT the method of execution needs to be quick.

You constitution is a valuable thing. Don't abuse it. As soon as you start diluting or claiming its "all down to interpretation" you open yourself up to all manor of abuse, IE the Patriot act.

No I don't care for the convict as a individual and wont be shedding any tear at his passing. But I am concerned for a collective whole about due process.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join