It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oklahoma Botched Execution - Clayton Lockett took 45 Minutes to Die

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: EveStreet

Although I am a forgiving and gentle soul for most things, I cannot forgive torture, cold blooded murder, or anything done to a defenseless creature whether human or animal. Humans know when they do wrong even at an early age. They choose to do wrong even after the age of five or so. At five I held my sweet kitty in my hands and knew I could kill that poor soul in a minute - and though I realized I could I also realized I COULDN'T. EVER. It's not my place to decide the fate of an innocent. You may have the power but it's not yours to use. Cold blooded killers and torturers - I have no problem sending them to an end. They all know better no matter their upbringing, blah, blah. Being abused as a child does not give you a free pass to commit crimes - if anything it should shape a life for you helping others and never abusing your own children.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: DustbowlDebutante
a reply to: kaylaluv

Oh, I forgot beheading....yes, that is an option. I'm also good with it if the criminal would like to be drawn and quartered.

And I'm also an advocate for public shaming for lesser crimes...

Are you from Saudi Arabia or the 16th Century?

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
The people taking pleasure from the fact that this man suffered before dying are no better than the executed man himself.

The death penalty is an abomination. Murdering as punishment for murder is no excuse, ever.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Don't be worried about me, i would be more worried about parents that allows their kids to do anything, including being sadistic killers, just because they are their kids.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

From a bunch of people who claim to be Christians too. You couldn't make it up.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   

and the only reasoning for it not being a just punishment is what?

An ideal?

That is illogical. That is unnatural. It is also cruel to deny justice and any real form of balance to the victims.

That reasoning will and has only produced more imbalance.

Think about it. Its just unpleasant that is all.

Natural law will always trump all other RULES. When you deny natural law, chaos ensues.

edit on 4 30 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

An ideal?

That is illogical. That is unnatural. That will only produce more imbalance.

Think about it. Its just unpleasant that is all.

Natural law will always trump all other RULES. When you deny natural law, chaos ensues.

I agree. In addition, I would suggest that those defending this sick person and worry about his comfort are no better than the murderer himself. (See, silly hyperbole can go both way.)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc
a reply to: FlyersFan

It wasn't botched. The piece of # is dead isn't he?

Here is what he did:

The spree in June 1999 began when Lockett and two others forced their way into Bobby Bornt's residence in Perry, police said. Nieman, 19, of Perry and another 19-year-old from Perry arrived at the home and were accosted by the men and had their hands bound with duct tape. One of the women was raped. Authorities said the women did not know the suspects.

Bornt, his 9-month-old son, and the two women were taken to a location in Kay County where Neiman was shot. Police said the others were put back in trucks, driven back to Perry and released. The child was not harmed.

Neiman's body was found in a shallow grave along a dirt road near Tonkawa. One of the suspects led police to the body.

The woman's two friends have said they believed they were allowed to live because they had children.

In addition to the murder charge, Lockett was found guilty of conspiracy, first-degree burglary, three counts of assault with a dangerous weapon, three counts of forcible oral sodomy, four counts of first-degree rape, four counts of kidnapping and two counts of robbery by force and fear. The charges were after former convictions of two or more felonies, according to the court clerk's office.

It should have been more painful for this animal.

For such a sticker for the US constitution you seem to be forgetting the 8th amendment.

Either you respect it all or dont respect it at all.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   

That murdering a murderer solves nothing and only lowers the rest of us to the executed persons level.

link   
There was a second execution slated for the same day...a man who sat for 17 years on death row after admitting that he raped and killed an 11 month old baby. Due to the circumstances of Lockett's execution, Warner (the baby rapist) has now received a stay of execution.
There are several tragedies in this case (Lockett's suffering not even making the top 5).
1) Warner still lives
2) As tax payers, the families of Lockett and Warner's victims have endured the added pain and insult of having to house and feed the killers of their loved ones.
3) IT took 17 YEARS to bring Warner to his just desserts only to have it postponed because Lockett didn't get a comfortable death.
4) The condemned don't NEED to know what drugs are used to kill them any more than they'd need to know whether a hanging rope was made of cotton or nylon. That's a non issue.
5 Blown veins happen. As a nurse, I'd just start another IV and try, try again. Lockett's veins did not "explode" inside him. That is the rankest form of sensationalism and an outright lie.

As civilized people, society tries to make punishment as humane as possible but that doesn't mean we have to pamper or molly coddle these threats to our safety. It's cruel and unusual for the victim's families to prolong their suffering. There are any number of drugs that will kill in high enough doses with minimal amount of victim suffering. Insulin comes to mind. The DOC just needs to get on with it.

link   
a reply to: pez1975 that wasn't the only thing this guy did and I don't feel sorry for him at all ....see below

Warner, 46, was convicted of raping and killing his girlfriend's 11-month-old daughter in 1997. Lockett, a 38-year-old four-time felon, shot a 19-year-old woman, Stephanie Neiman, with a shotgun and watched as two accomplices buried her alive during a burglary gone wrong in 1999.

Read more: www.nydailynews.com... zz30NotevTb

edit on 30-4-2014 by research100 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: dashen

I have always wondered why they dont just give a morphine OD

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Here is what he did:

The spree in June 1999 began when Lockett and two others forced their way into Bobby Bornt's residence in Perry, police said. Nieman, 19, of Perry and another 19-year-old from Perry arrived at the home and were accosted by the men and had their hands bound with duct tape. One of the women was raped. Authorities said the women did not know the suspects.

Bornt, his 9-month-old son, and the two women were taken to a location in Kay County where Neiman was shot. Police said the others were put back in trucks, driven back to Perry and released. The child was not harmed.

Neiman's body was found in a shallow grave along a dirt road near Tonkawa. One of the suspects led police to the body.

The woman's two friends have said they believed they were allowed to live because they had children.

In addition to the murder charge, Lockett was found guilty of conspiracy, first-degree burglary, three counts of assault with a dangerous weapon, three counts of forcible oral sodomy, four counts of first-degree rape, four counts of kidnapping and two counts of robbery by force and fear. The charges were after former convictions of two or more felonies, according to the court clerk's office.

For such a sticker for the US constitution you seem to be forgetting the 8th amendment.

Then why can't the 8th be used towards those that commit abortions?

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

When you have to live in a hospital for 3 months while your child looks like this:

Or even worse, your kid is in a casket because some freak decided to kill him/her for fun , you can get back to me and tell me what a horrible person I am.

Eta: That photo is just the top half of the damage. The bottom half was just as bad. The driver didn't even get a ticket because it was just a "mistake" as you put it. In fact, she hasn't been out a dime or been inconvenienced in any way. This is NOT justice and it's not right that ANYONE can hurt a child and get away with it.
edit on 30-4-2014 by DustbowlDebutante because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

Today's christians and conservatives only hold up the parts of the Bible and the Constitution that fits their "feelings".

This man deserved to die as that was his judgement by law. He also deserved to die as set down by the Constitution.

We have no business anymore trying to tell other countries how to live and democracy is a lie.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

That murdering a murderer solves nothing and only lowers the rest of us to the executed persons level.

How does executing a murderer solve nothing? It solves the fact that this murderer will no longer be around to murder. It solves tax payers having to help keep this murderer alive for years. Doesn't lower me to his level. He brought it on himself to die by his actions.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

an ideal, exactly. Sorry but those who use an ideal do dictate real world lives of human beings deserve no more consideration than a child saying that he should win all the time because its not fair to lose. You have much to learn about life.

Its not about SOLVING anything. It is entirely about punishment.
Like I said before why not just send them to an island somewhere. Why put them in a cage?

BECAUSE we know we must punish them or the victims will do worse in search of balance.

I dont think a cop is a bad person for killing a murderer who would kill again for example. The Cop isnt worse than him.
Its because of his convictions that make him exactly who he chose to be before he met the criminal he killed. He is the same person afterwards.

YOU think it would make you worse. I think that is illogical. Its a pseudo spiritual belief made up in the last century.

edit on 4 30 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

originally posted by: crazyewok

Here is what he did:

Then why can't the 8th be used towards those that commit abortions?

Abortions are not the topic on discussion here. And they are not criminal executions.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: kimar
ATS is filled with outright hypocrisy more and more these days. The United States Constitution explicitly forbids cruel and unusual punishment by the state. The events that unfolded last night were obviously cruel and unusual. But the vast majority of the posters on this thread, who elsewhere love to proclaim their love of the Constitution, are ok with what happened.

Just admit it: you guys just want revenge and have a sick lust for blood. You stand by the constitution only when it is convenient, not because of any principles and values.

Yes, what the guy did was twisted and horrible. But that is not the issue at hand.

This world is falling apart because most people don't have any actual values, it's all talk and no show.

I know its rather messed up.

The same people who rabidly defend the 2nd Amendment frothing at the mouths crying over the consititution dont seem to even care or know about the rest of there "supposed" beloved document.if you defend it all or not at all.

Hypocrites

edit on 30-4-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Big deal.
He deserved every minute of it.
Too bad. Don't kill people and you won't be at the receiving end.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join