It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oklahoma Botched Execution - Clayton Lockett took 45 Minutes to Die

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

I suppose the definition of "quick" is determined by what side of the blade you are on.....

Or the means in which the act is carried out.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Clayton Lockett was convicted of rape, kidnapping, robbery and murder.

And it took 45 minutes for him to die ? , sorry if it seems cold but that's justice.
I'm a supporter of quick euthanasia for the terminally ill but why should murderers get a nice peaceful end , bad things happen to bad people.

link   

originally posted by: anon72
I am for the Death Penalty, when it is beyond a reasonable doubt (Video killing as the cop pulls up and arrest the guy-DONE!)

As for it taking too long and being painful.... too bad. Don't kill people and you won't be at the receiving end.

If I had it my way, the family would have first choice to do something (like kill them as they killed the victim).

Eye for and Eye.

link   
a reply to: beezzer

A firing squad would at least adhere to the Constitution.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: DustbowlDebutante
a reply to: FlyersFan
Maybe we could (state by state) come up with several ways to be executed and let the inmate choose. I think that's a great idea!

I seem to remember Gary Gilmore insisting on death by firing squad. He insisted on a death sentence and he insisted on death by firing squad. They gave it to him.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Clayton Lockett was convicted of rape, kidnapping, robbery and murder.

And it took 45 minutes for him to die ? , sorry if it seems cold but that's justice.
I'm a supporter of quick euthanasia for the terminally ill but why should murderers get a nice peaceful end , bad things happen to bad people.

Justice is justice. You're confusing it with revenge.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   

It wasn't botched. The piece of # is dead isn't he?

Here is what he did:

The spree in June 1999 began when Lockett and two others forced their way into Bobby Bornt's residence in Perry, police said. Nieman, 19, of Perry and another 19-year-old from Perry arrived at the home and were accosted by the men and had their hands bound with duct tape. One of the women was raped. Authorities said the women did not know the suspects.

Bornt, his 9-month-old son, and the two women were taken to a location in Kay County where Neiman was shot. Police said the others were put back in trucks, driven back to Perry and released. The child was not harmed.

Neiman's body was found in a shallow grave along a dirt road near Tonkawa. One of the suspects led police to the body.

The woman's two friends have said they believed they were allowed to live because they had children.

In addition to the murder charge, Lockett was found guilty of conspiracy, first-degree burglary, three counts of assault with a dangerous weapon, three counts of forcible oral sodomy, four counts of first-degree rape, four counts of kidnapping and two counts of robbery by force and fear. The charges were after former convictions of two or more felonies, according to the court clerk's office.

It should have been more painful for this animal.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   

I say good. I am satisfied that he suffered.

I am always a little disappointed in extent prisons go through to make people like this die humanely. Certain people; rapists, child killers and the like, those who are outright enemies of the public need to be punished. I understand that its barbaric but I honestly dont care. I dont agree with the argument that they "deserve" something, anything. We dont deserve to feel clean and unblemished when we kill a man.

I wouldnt flinch if we publicly tortured some of these SOBs.

Its not about them being OK with their punishment that is important. Its not about us being ok with carrying out their punishment that matters.

Its about punishment. If not, banish them somewhere. If their crime is too great to even consider that, then you are PUNISHING THEM. SO do it.

Let the family carry it out if it wants. If not have a hard man, a worse devil than the criminal to be readily available to carry out the punishment. Someone who isnt worried about having a blemish on his soul before God....and let him do his worst.

I say all this as a father, brother, son.....thinking of what I would want done to someone who did to my loved ones what this animal did. I would want JUSTICE, not a feel good way of getting rid of him.

edit on 4 30 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

ATS Thread - Why is Revenge Bad?
That makes for a good discussion.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Putting a high guage stent/tube in the cartoid artery under local anaesthetic. Then open the line. The sudden drop in blood pressure would shut off the brain instantly and cause a very quick death. Or maybe hero-in O/D?
edit on 30-4-2014 by dashen because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc
It wasn't botched. The piece of # is dead isn't he?

The process didn't work. It was supposed to be 5-10 minutes of suffocation and heart stoppage .. all while 'unconscious'. But he was completely awake and it took 45 minutes. Therefore, it's considered botched. I used the title of the thread from the titles of the articles and what the TV News is saying.

Here is what he did:

I know what he did. And I admit, I'm glad he suffered.
I'm not supposed to be glad. But I am.
So now I'm having to deal with opposing feelings on this in my own head ...

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

I say good. I am satisfied that he suffered.

I am always a little disappointed in extent prisons go through to make people like this die humanely. Certain people; rapists, child killers and the like, those who are outright enemies of the public need to be punished. I understand that its barbaric but I honestly dont care. I dont agree with the argument that they "deserve" something, anything. We dont deserve to feel clean and unblemished when we kill a man.

I wouldnt flinch if we publicly tortured some of these SOBs.

Its not about them being OK with their punishment that is important. Its not about us being ok with carrying out their punishment that matters.

Its about punishment. If not, banish them somewhere. If their crime is too great to even consider that, then you are PUNISHING THEM. SO do it.

Let the family carry it out if it wants. If not have a hard man, a worse devil than the criminal to be readily available to carry out the punishment. Someone who isnt worried about having a blemish on his soul before God....and let him do his worst.

I say all this as a father, brother, son.....thinking of what I would want done to someone who did to my loved ones what this animal did. I would want JUSTICE, not a feel good way of getting rid of him.

You're seriously advocating the public torture of people on Death Row? Seriously? That's bloody disturbing. How are you going to apologise to them if it turns out that they're innocent? Volunteer to be counter-tortured? That's brave of you!

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
The big problem that I have with this is that the high court ruled that he had no right to know what drug was going to be used to kill him. He said that he would not know if it was a cruel and unusual punishment if he did not know the punishment, true. They violated this mans rights and sourced the drug used to kill him from an overseas lab as no pharma company in the U.S. will make the # anymore.
Also, lets not make this issue about his crime. This is about his punishment, which was unjust. The drug probably was not manufactured properly thus did not work properly. The judge who ruled this human beings right's did not matter because he was an inmate, should be fired for violating his oath.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

No , I'm saying it's a risk that comes with the territory.
I'm not advocating that all condemned to death suffer a long lingering end but if it happens then it happens , an occupational hazard if you will.

edit on 30-4-2014 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: dashen

Its a show with public, they dont want blood in it, they want it to apears the executioned is at peace. Guillotine would work if they would not look for the peacefull efect of sedation + no blood

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
ATS is filled with outright hypocrisy more and more these days. The United States Constitution explicitly forbids cruel and unusual punishment by the state. The events that unfolded last night were obviously cruel and unusual. But the vast majority of the posters on this thread, who elsewhere love to proclaim their love of the Constitution, are ok with what happened.

Just admit it: you guys just want revenge and have a sick lust for blood. You stand by the constitution only when it is convenient, not because of any principles and values.

Yes, what the guy did was twisted and horrible. But that is not the issue at hand.

This world is falling apart because most people don't have any actual values, it's all talk and no show.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Acidx

Yep. I said that the guy had a right to know what was being used to kill him. I fully believe that for anyone, no matter the crime. But I don't believe he had the right to know who his executioners were. He asked to know that as well. And for safety reasons, those people shouldn't be disclosed.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

Then maybe they can hook up a shop vac or something to the tube. Hoover him to eternal damnation. Dyson to hell. That way it won't be such a mess

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
This was a new drug cocktail and this man was suing to find out what it was and what it might do to him. He wasn't appealingthe sentence only to allow the names of the drugs being used to be released.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: kimar
ATS is filled with outright hypocrisy more and more these days. The United States Constitution explicitly forbids cruel and unusual punishment by the state. The events that unfolded last night were obviously cruel and unusual. But the vast majority of the posters on this thread, who elsewhere love to proclaim their love of the Constitution, are ok with what happened.

Just admit it: you guys just want revenge and have a sick lust for blood. You stand by the constitution only when it is convenient, not because of any principles and values.

Yes, what the guy did was twisted and horrible. But that is not the issue at hand.

This world is falling apart because most people don't have any actual values, it's all talk and no show.

Nonsense.

The state is simply, "pro choice".

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join