It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oklahoma Botched Execution - Clayton Lockett took 45 Minutes to Die

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I think this thread is an epitome of the violence in American society. There are posters who are practically salivating at the mouth for executions and violence. They enjoy it.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kram09
I think this thread is an epitome of the violence in American society. There are posters who are practically salivating at the mouth for executions and violence. They enjoy it.

You do understand why this idiot was put to death correct? Would you rather he be set free to do something like this again and again? Has nothing to do with salivating over anything. He was set to be executed and at the end of the day dead is dead. Doesn't matter how he got to the point of being dead just that he got there.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: w810i

You do understand why this idiot was put to death correct? Would you rather he be set free to do something like this again and again?

At no point in time has ANYONE in this thread defended or excused the actions of the condemned man. Please refrain from making stuff up to suit your point of view.

Has nothing to do with salivating over anything. He was set to be executed and at the end of the day dead is dead. Doesn't matter how he got to the point of being dead just that he got there.

It DOES matter. Torture is not permitted by any western law, and is specifically mandated against in the U.S. Constitution. Are you saying the U.S. Constitution is not to be observed or followed?

The difference between the condemned man and the rest of us is that we are not animals. It serves no purpose, other than some sort of sadistic animalistic revenge, to torture a condemned man before executing him.

And yes, there are certain posters in this thread who ARE salivating over the thought that this man was tortured, and in my book that makes them almost as bad as the executed man himself.

edit on 3/5/2014 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

what does the word hypocritical mean?
who administers karma?
get off of moms computer,
make your bed and take out the trash.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

At no point in time has ANYONE in this thread defended or excused the actions of the condemned man. Please refrain from making stuff up to suit your point of view.

Everyone take note.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
He botched the murder he was executed for committing...

Shot her twice and buried the victim while still she was still alive.

It's true what they say about karma you know.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   

You and several others seem to think that this sack of crap is somehow entitled to treatment befitting a law abiding citizen. Sorry dude you can try and spin this any way you want. He vacated his rights when he committed the heinous acts that he did. You can scream all you want about how he was "tortured" still is not going to change the fact that it was indeed a successful execution. He is dead.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   

You and several others seem to think that this sack of crap is somehow entitled to treatment befitting a law abiding citizen. Sorry dude you can try and spin this any way you want. He vacated his rights when he committed the heinous acts that he did. You can scream all you want about how he was "tortured" still is not going to change the fact that it was indeed a successful execution. He is dead.

Quick quiz:

In what document, famous and revered in the United States, does this appear?

Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.

Do you, or do you not, uphold and believe in the U.S. Constitution? Please directly answer the question and don't try to change the subject.

You can drone on all you want about how bad the man was and how much he deserved his torturous death but in the end you are wrong, not only factually but also morally.

Either that or you're just a plain old hypocrite.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 04:25 AM
link   

No, sorry, you're wrong. Despicable as he was he was still a citizen, was still covered by the Constitution and still not supposed to have an agonising death. This is a ridiculously simple point. The State is not supposed to indulge itself in vengeance when it carries out executions. It's just supposed to kill them.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   
well the state did "just kill him" It just took a little
longer than what the policy and procedure manual outlined.

usually death occurs between three and 20 minutes.
this guy lives @30 minutes due to his vein blowing out.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

originally posted by: Mikeultra

bleeding hearts

I'll never understand how this term is meant to be an insult. I would think that anyone who you describe as having a "bleeding heart" is showing more empathy and understanding of the preciousness of life than people, like yourself, who seem to think killing solves everything - and that torturing people before death is something to speak proudly of.

You appear to be no better than those you wish torture upon.

hey, who cares how much he suffered. he daid and that's what the court ordered.

i'm sure some people want them to just seem like they went to sleep just to satisfy their guilt coz they want to see these animals dead.

screw em. lock them in a tomb with a gun and 1 bullet and 1 meal.
let THEM do what is right.

or a cup of hemlock, asp would be cool.
edit on 3102505731am2014 by tsingtao because: (no reason given)

tub of hot water and a razor blade?
edit on 3117525731am2014 by tsingtao because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
How many other methods of execution were considered acceptable in the past and still in the present, but now considered cruel punishment by different U.S. states (controversy); e.g. hanging?

newday.blogs.cnn.com...

www.livescience.com...

edit on 4-5-2014 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: spirited75
a reply to: blupblup

what does the word hypocritical mean?
who administers karma?
get off of moms computer,
make your bed and take out the trash.

What? What is this in reference to?

Meff....

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   

That's not it at all.

An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.

If a victim suffers greatly during a torture, rape and murder "or other violent crime", then the scum responsible, should suffer equally in death.

Lethal injection "botched or not", is too kind for this scum. What he really needed was a Tyre Necklace..!!

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

For disclosure reasons I should state that I'm against the death penalty unless there is an extreme circumstance.

I'm pretty much against the death penalty as well.

I can't say that I've always felt that way, but over time I've come to realize that it really serves no practical purpose other than to satisfy a crime victims perceived need for revenge and in doing so, we have essentially lowered ourselves to the level of the criminal in question as opposed to setting a higher standard for all to follow.

After all, isn't the primary goal to insure that the criminal in question is not allowed back into the public realm, insuring that he/she cannot harm another individual in the future?

We know that our criminal justice system is not infallible and we have indeed put innocent people to death. We also know that it's in the neighborhood of 10 times cheaper to incarcerate them for life without possibility of parole than it is to condemn someone to the death penalty and carry it out and on top of that, one has to ask; Is there really a way to "humanely" execute another human being?

I'm not sure how many here on ATS are aware of John Oliver's new show on HBO called "Last Week Tonight," but his second episode aired last night and John Oliver addressed this very issue. Quite well too, I might add!

Here it is for all to see; warning...may contain some profanity

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   

The supreme court has visited this issue several times.

In Furman v. Georgia, 408 U.S. 238 (1972), Justice Brennan wrote, "There are, then, four principles by which we may determine whether a particular punishment is 'cruel and unusual'." The "essential predicate" is "that a punishment must not by its severity be degrading to human dignity," especially torture. "A severe punishment that is obviously inflicted in wholly arbitrary fashion." "A severe punishment that is clearly and totally rejected throughout society." "A severe punishment that is patently unnecessary." Justice Brennan also wrote that he expected no state would pass a law obviously violating any one of these principles, so court decisions regarding the Eighth Amendment would involve a "cumulative" analysis of the implication of each of the four principles. In this way, the United States Supreme Court "set the standard that a punishment would be cruel and unusual [,if] it was too severe for the crime, [if] it was arbitrary, if it offended society's sense of justice, or if it was not more effective than a less severe penalty."[15]

Obviously they see nothing wrong with the death penalty in this case Lethal Injection. So you're just pissing in the wind. Per what is written above there was nothing "unusual or cruel" with how this POS died. So you can sit and bitch and moan all you want, doesn't change the facts.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

Is he not dead??

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Obviously they see nothing wrong with the death penalty in this case Lethal Injection.

Wow. You're either being deliberately ignorant or you're just finding excuses to allow you to kill people.

Well done on COMPLETELY missing the point.

edit on 5/5/2014 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ironclad2000

That's not it at all.

If a victim suffers greatly during a torture, rape and murder "or other violent crime", then the scum responsible, should suffer equally in death.

Lethal injection "botched or not", is too kind for this scum. What he really needed was a Tyre Necklace..!!

So you want to torture criminals to death???? Are you serious?

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Ironclad2000

That's not it at all.

Carry on mate. Your posts are only reinforcing my own comments about how it's wrong.

I said at the top of the page about how the thread epitomised the violence of American society and I've mentioned on another comment about how it's all blood lust. Well your comment just proves my points.
edit on 5/5/14 by Kram09 because: grammar

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join