It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hero Officer - Pulls man from burning car (Video from Officer's Body Camera)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I'm posting in Posse Comitatus, as it's the closest forum for the topic. Mods, please move if necessary.

Okay, I am often outraged by the actions of police in America. I've been a victim of senseless violence by the law for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. I see on here and everywhere else in the news the types of behavior that is exhibited by the police and most the time it's truly sickening.

In this thread, I want to address a positive for the police. I also advocate for ALL police officers to wear these types of cameras and audio recording devices. I believe this will help to lower the rate of police murders and assaults exponentially.

The man driving the vehicle was drinking and will be charged with a felony. It would be easy to be angry at him for putting innocent people and himself in danger like this, but you can hear the cop handles the situation with care and is not abusive.

Let us take a look at this HERO:

A 21-year-old Los Angeles man was arrested Tuesday on suspicion of felony drunken driving in connection with a crash in Escondido that left him unconscious in his burning car until a police officer pulled him to safety.

Moments after arriving in the area, a patrol officer found Sierra slumped unresponsive in his burning sedan and tried to put out the flames with a fire extinguisher. When the attempt failed, the officer got into the car and dragged Sierra out.

Body camera video released Tuesday shows the rescue. Officer Joseph Putulowski told 10News how he did it and showed the body camera on his vest that recorded it all. He remained calm while nervous bystanders watched on as flames grew from under the hood.

Article Source

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Thanks for showing that. We as a people I think, are struggling to restore a balance in society that returns our good values to the fore, and sometimes the only way we can do that is to expose those who break those rules. Thanks to technology, we are able to do that.

Married to a policeman now deceased, I can vouch that most of them were decent and kind folk whose heart was set on protecting the community. They were all volunteer coaches, blood donors (my hubby had well over 50 donations, for instance) and all-round good guys, but in this day and age with technology we are thankfully able to expose the bad apples and sometimes their departments. We don't want the bad ones to rule, but we need not lose complete faith in the good ones that are out there, and there are oodles of them still.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: aboutface

No problem. As I stated, I have my own issues due to personal experiences, but I know there are a lot of the good guys out there. It's worth sharing those stories too.

I think you can tell from the lack of response to this thread, that the overall attitude toward the police is jaded. None can be bothered to recognize the good due to the saturation of the bad.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: freakjive

I for one appreciate you posting this because even though I could counter every negative video with a positive one, I would be ostricized for seeking praise for simply doing my job.

Of course seeking praise would not the intention. Simply showing that all police are not bad would be the ultimate goal.

Unfortunately, the blanket cop bashers would not see it that way. At this point in my life I have practically given up on trying to convince them that you can't judge an entire group by the actions of some.

I have instead started to call them out on their own hypocrisy.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I'm starring and flagging this just because it's nice to see a positive LEO story for a change. I have to leave those negative stories before I'm tempted to post in them and get myself banned.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I was expecting to read:
Hero cop pulls man from burning car
but then beats and tazes man while simultaneously shooting his dog.

Good to hear a positive story!

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Has the vid been changed? All I saw was a guy telling us what he did, there was no vid of him pullin anyone from the car??

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk
Has the vid been changed? All I saw was a guy telling us what he did, there was no vid of him pullin anyone from the car??

It's only a short portion where you can see him pulling the guy on what appears to be the road for sidewalk. You can hear him talking to the guy who crashed the car. He also shows the type of camera he wears on the news bit.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: freakjive
a reply to: aboutface

No problem. As I stated, I have my own issues due to personal experiences, but I know there are a lot of the good guys out there. It's worth sharing those stories too.

I think you can tell from the lack of response to this thread, that the overall attitude toward the police is jaded. None can be bothered to recognize the good due to the saturation of the bad.

Good for posting as these stories are not often shared. A similar story was reported last year in Tampa, Fl. Though people are probably not as jaded as they seem to be. They just seem more motivated to comment on the intentional or seemingly wrongs. Can't really blame that on them but rather this growing corruption going on as the example of the outrage going against police.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I don't think it's so much that people, in general, are 'jaded towards law enforcement', just those who frequent venues such as ATS.

They, typically and by default, question 'authority' and the like. hence why we see so much more [grossly disproportionate] examples of the 'bad' in most anything.... albeit society, leos, politrix, etc.

I'm just thankful that the 'real world' isn't nearly as 'bad' as what one might gather reading these boards.

There are MANY great/good folks out there. I meet them everyday.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I do believe all badge wearing types should wear a camera if they wear a badge.
Here's the problem, these cameras have a terrible history of not working when the cops have been accused of wrongdoing.
Good thing almost everyone out there is armed with a cop repellent phone/cam.
Bad news, for every one good video one could post, I could post ten bad ones.
If you are a good cop who is an apologist or just outright covers up wrongdoing, you are a bad cop too.

top topics

join