It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone here a/been a photographer for MOD or DOD? (Or related)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Hey guys

So I am a photographer. Not freelance. I have a great gig on a good salary for an estate agent in London. Me and my team are probably on one of the best salaries (Bar fashion) for full-time photographers in London. This doesn't mean we are loaded, we are not, but for full time paid photography, it is a lot.

HOWEVER

I do, have a slight dream (feel free to laugh)

I would love to be a MOD photographer. I know they are employed, however I never see adverts for these types of jobs apart from military. Even then though you have to be serving to get that job.

So I was wondering if any of you are/have been/or know someone, who has been in this position and knows how to get the gig?

Also, if anyone here works for MOD or even the US defence agencies. Inbox me?

love you all.

edit on 30-4-2014 by brace22 because: adding more

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
i'd imagine that you'd have to sign up for the relevant service, might be worth visiting a recruitment office and seeing what they know about it

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: brace22

Here in the States, almost every Dept. or agency has a Public Affairs Office. You might want to look into that route.

But beware, you may just stuck photographing nothing but a bunch or boring ministers at their various functions.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: brace22
MINISTRY of Defense and DEPARTMENT of Defense's are usually all military for obvious reasons. I dont think Ive ever heard of either "contracting" civilians for work. Especially sensitivity wise.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Thanks guys.

I Saw on the UK government jobs website thing (Not the job search, another thing) That the MOD Do employ photographers.

I think you might be right in saying it'll be boring most of the time, but you never know!

top topics

join