It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The other 12% in Taco Bell beef

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 06:55 AM
link   
It's no surprise that Taco Bell beef has preservatives, but I was surprised by some of the other newly revealed ingredients.

In response to the accusation that their beef is mostly filler, they've released the list of what comprises the 12% that's not beef.

The link has their explanations of the purpose of each ingredient. While the sugar didn't surprise me, the oats and cocoa powder did. Shouldn't something like that be disclosed because of allergies or food sensitivities?

Taco Bell fillers
Oats
Cellulose
Artificial flavoring
Soy lecithin
Torula yeast
Sodium phosphates
Lactic acid
Trehalose
Potassium chloride
Maltodextrin
Modified corn starch
Citric acid
Caramel color and cocoa powder

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: halfpint0701

This is why I only get my beef from the local butcher, who also happens to be my brother-in-law.
No added preservatives there.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Rainbowresidue

I use the butcher, too. Mainly the ones that sell grass fed, free range meat. The prices are comparative, if not cheaper, and it's so much healthier!

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   

My thoughts are, if that is all that was contained in the other 12% it wouldn't have taken them so long to release it's contents.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Having worked there years ago, I would never ever eat there. Their refried beans scared me the most, but so did their meat.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   

fillers are pretty common.I worked at a taco place in the 80's,we'd add oatmeal to absorb the oil and fats.Imagine the amount,by weight,they lose cooking ground beef.The oatmeal absorbs it,so less loss.The other stuff,no,but oatmeal would be fine.Maybe the fiber is the reason you need to "run for the border" afterwards!

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I only use my local college butcher. Cruelty free, better tasting and without all that filler nonsense

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   
As a vegan I say keep the oats and leave everything else.

...and bring me the oats

edit on 30-4-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: halfpint0701
Shouldn't something like that be disclosed because of allergies or food sensitivities?

They do disclose how dangerous their food is.

It's the big sign outside that says "Taco Bell".

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I worked at taco bell in the 80's and cooked hundred if not thousands of pounds of meat for the store.

It was just normal ground beef that came in 25 lb. bags ( 2 in a box ) and was no different than what you would buy in the store for home use.

The other ingredients (12%) probably are in the taco seasoning pack you add.

The meat was just meat....no secret conspiracy ingredients.

Unless something has changed since then?

new topics

top topics

join