It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ft. Worth Vet Secretly Kept 'euthanized' Pets Alive For Experimentation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   
www.myfoxdfw.com...

Link to video:
www.myfoxdfw.com... ipId=10106578

A complaint against a long-time Fort Worth veterinarian alleges some animals that the owners believed were euthanized were kept alive. The accusers told investigators the vet wanted the animals for their blood. Fort Worth police and medical board investigators raided the Camp Bowie Animal Clinic on Tuesday, acting on a complaint filed by Marian Harris against animal doctor Lou Tierce.

Former clinic employee Mary Brewer says she was working there when Sid was allegedly supposed to be euthanized. But six months later, she says she saw Sid alive and gave the Harris family the disturbing news.

"I remember coming in and them extracting blood from Sid, and basically shaving him, extracting his blood for the other animal upstairs,” said Brewer.

According to the complaint, "The clinic was using SID (and other dogs) for blood transfusions and other experimental treatments.”

According to the complaint, another veterinarian examined Sid and determined that among other things, "he had mange and shows definite signs of having been used for blood transfusions.”

Also from WFAA:
www.wfaa.com...
edit on 29-4-2014 by ltinycdancerg because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
On one hand, you have someone experimenting on someones companion, one he was supposed to put down.

On the other hand, he was doing it to help other animals?

As a Dog lover, I am extremely conflicted on it, if it was MY dog, Id damn near kill for something like this...

BUT if it was my dog being saved?

Ill give you an example of behavior that some might find evil, You can adopt a dog, for the sole purpose of harvesting an organ to save YOUR dog.

This happens,

I honestly don't know where to come down on this, except that it is a HUGE betrayal of trust.

Ultimately I think It would come down to intent, was he just being cheep? or was he genuinely trying to save animals?

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ltinycdancerg

The backyard of the house where I grew up had an area that was a 'pet cemetery' so to speak ---dogs/ cats/rabbits/squirrels. LOL
We never let a vet dispose of them, we took care of that since they were part of the family

Curious as to what this vet was experimenting with
But still there is no excuse if the pet owners gave him no permission to do such a thing
Just isn't right...

edit on 29-4-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   
If someone did this to my dog without permission, it would be smashing time. As unpleasant as it is, I put my own animals down, when it is time, and in the quickest, most painless way possible. I go out of my way to make sure their last moments are happy.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Never trust them. Be with the animal during euthanization or insist on seeing the body after. Scum like this are like pedos who get jobs working with kids. I'd be appalled to find that my pet was saved by another's misery.

Don't trust anyone.

edit on 30-4-2014 by torque because: spelling

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
***UPDATE***
Veterinarian Dr. Tierce turned himself in to authorities last night after a raid of his clinic.
He is being charged with animal cruelty.

dfw.cbslocal.com...

Officials with the Fort Worth Police Department confirm that the Texas Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners, along with Fort Worth police and local animal control officers, began an investigation at the clinic on April 29. Tierce, 71, has been a licensed veterinarian since 1966.

The Camp Bowie Animal Clinic has a D rating with the Better Business Bureau and is not an accredited establishment. Since the allegations were made public Tierce’s clinic, and others across North Texas, has been flooded with people inquiring as to the whereabouts of their believed-to-be deceased animals.

Police are asking that anyone who thinks they may have been victimized by the Camp Bowie Animal Clinic to call 817-335-4222 and complete an offense report.

edit on 1-5-2014 by ltinycdancerg because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I was trying to find the reason they would have euthanized a five year old dog in the first place.

This is the worst part of it all:

“He was able to walk and jump in the back of my minivan so it was an excitement to be reunited,” said Harris.

They immediately took him to another vet for an evaluation, who told the couple Sid didn’t need to be euthanized at all.
link

Forget about the transfusion thing for a minute and ask how many animals this this vet put down or claim needed putting down that were perfectly healthy and viable.

What he did was kidnap and torture.

But because it's an animal he'll probably get a fine.
edit on 1-5-2014 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: thisguyrighthere

His license has been suspended indefinitely- depending on the outcome of all of this. I suspect this will go to trial if he wants to save the clinic and that this has all been some horrible misunderstanding- but the evidence is damning.

Here in the DFW area, there is A LOT of outrage, so even if he doesn't receive jail time- he's done professionally, and is a social pariah.

This is photo of Sid - the dog at the center of this story- with his humans

edit on 1-5-2014 by ltinycdancerg because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Such a sad event. The story of how the family recovered their dog was something out of a hero-story though. Distract the receptionist while someone else sneaks into the back laboratory area......

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I live here in Weatherford just outside of Fort Worth.

This is some really sick stuff if you ask me, I dont understand how someone can do this sort of thing to animals. Can you imagine what he would do to humans given the chance?

Ugh I hope there are serious repercussions....

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Having lost my sweet precious, Takara, the day after emergency surgery...if I found out she had actually survived and was being used for her blood, and other experiments, I might have gone ballistic- literally.
I don't have children yet, but the love I had (and continue to have) for Takara is the greatest love I've ever known.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Official report just released:

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
That right there, is one twisted group of people.

How one could ever say they care about animals and then subsequently perform experiments on them.

In terrible conditions no less.

Hope these people spend many a year behind bars.

~Tenth

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Absolutely understand that, I dont have any children either, but if I found out someone was doing this to my Cash, oh man, there isnt a door in that place that could have stood the wrath.

I hope this guy is punished to the full extent, and more then that, I hope the pet owners can find some sort of solice out of the whole thing, its heartbreaking.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Animal experiments ...why don't use street dogs?
I thought the vet want to eat the dog though .Street dogs are too dirty for eating ...
But I don't know US people love to eat dogs or not .

Former clinic employee Mary Brewer says she was working there when Sid was allegedly supposed to be euthanized. But six months later, she says she saw Sid alive and gave the Harris family the disturbing news.

Maybe the vet felt catching street dogs is a trouble and don't want to pay money to buy experimental animals from puppy mills.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Even criminals are often dog lovers. Something tells me protective custody may be required for the doggy version of Dr. Mengele here. What a story... I can't even imagine coming to learn this happened to a pet.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wrabbit2000
Even criminals are often dog lovers.

Yeah ,because criminals can use dogs to be the watchdog of drug manufacturing center,and they can't talking too much.
edit on 2-5-2014 by candlestick because: (no reason given)

top topics

join