It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family in New Mexico Has Violent Encounter With UFO Occupants 2014

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: GeminiSky

I just contacted the Navajo Radio station in Tuba city AZ. and they had no reports of UFO activity.
Usually the DJs there are on top of any "high strangness" on the Rez.

I also contacted my friends on the Jicarilla Rez in Dulce. They haven't heard anything.

I smell cheese!

edit on 30-4-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: GeminiSky
Makes sense to me, Light can be bent.

Not coming through cracks in walls and ceilings ... having to go around mundane matter through tiny tiny spaces. Light can bend in fiberoptics and with mirrors ... not when blocked by drywall. And if all those tiny cracks in the walls were 'straight through', then the people wouldn't be living there because it would be a leaky mess.

I'm just saying ... yes I believe 'visitations' and abductions happen.
But that part of the story doesn't make sense to me.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I just contacted the Navajo Radio station in Tuba city AZ. and they had no reports of UFO activity.

The incident happened in New Mexico. Oh yes the djs at a radio station in AZ say nothing happened. So it must be true.

GS

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

a reply to: JadeStar

Thats why we should wait and see if any other information comes to light. This is either real or a hoax.

Of course. So why post anything about it until such time?

I am willing to wait until I have all the information I need to made a conclusion.

But not waiting before you have all the information to post about it on forums....

Till then both the believers and debunkers are just speculating.

If I told you a 20 foot giant picked up my house and sat it down last night would you need to wait to suspect I am telling a tall tale? Or would you 'debunk' my tall tale unless and until I gave you some hard evidence such a thing took place?

What happened to 'waiting and seeing' FIRST - BEFORE one goes posting tall tales and wild stories on forums or making Youtube videos about them?

You know, quietly investigating an outrageous claim before notifying the world of the outrageous claim.....

That's how science and sound investigation work.

1) Observe something weird? 2) Gather evidence. 3) Check your evidence again. 4) (Quietly) Get other opinions from peer investigators. 5) Take any criticism to heart to gather better evidence. 6. Repeat steps 3-5 again.

THEN if you have something astounding go ahead and publish your evidence.

UFOlogy would be much cleaner and credible if it followed these steps.
edit on 30-4-2014 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

Makes sense to me, Light can be bent.

Not coming through cracks in walls and ceilings ... having to go around mundane matter through tiny tiny spaces. Light can bend in fiberoptics and with mirrors ... not when blocked by drywall. And if all those tiny cracks in the walls were 'straight through', then the people wouldn't be living there because it would be a leaky mess.

I'm just saying ... yes I believe 'visitations' and abductions happen.
But that part of the story doesn't make sense to me.

Light can bend in presence of a strong magnetic field. They mentioned the chandelier on the ceiling was swaying with the motion of the object as it passed over head, that same field could have bent the light.

Also we dont know what type of light source this was...they mention the light was made of individual cylinders....we simply dont know what an ET craft can do, and what type of energy/or light its was projecting..

GS

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: JadeStar

Thats why we should wait and see if any other information comes to light. This is either real or a hoax. I am willing to wait until I have all the information I need to made a conclusion. Till then both the believers and debunkers are just speculating.

GS

What happened to 'waiting and seeing' FIRST - BEFORE one goes posting wild stories on forums or making Youtube videos about them?

You know, quietly investigating an outrageous claim before notifying the world of the outrageous claim.....

1) Observe something weird? 2) Gather evidence. 3) Check your evidence again. 4) (Quietly) Get other opinions from peer investigators. 5) Take any criticism to heart to gather better evidence. 6. Repeat steps 3-5 again.

The govt should have applied those steps to 9/11.

GS

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   

What do you mean by the cups of water comment?

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: antar

What do you mean by the cups of water comment?

Oh it was a reference to the ending in the movie "Signs"

GS

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78
www.youtube.com...

JC Johnson's YouTube channel, lots of good stuff.

www.facebook.com...

Crypto-Four-Corners page as well of ongoing investigations.

I would encourage some research before the rabid debunking commences. LOL!! There's a lot more going on than has been mentioned in this thread. Some cultural sensitivity would also be in order.

NOW NOW!

How dare you assail the cardinal doctrine of the Unroyal Order of Compulsive Religiously Intense Blathering Debunking!

I don't know if the folks are authentic or not. Haven't watched the whole thing yet.

I just know that the narrative summarized on the thread is consistent with various other goings on of the region per multiple witnesses.

I know that the typical debunker's posts hereon are not usually all that informed; not all that brilliant; not all that thoughtful; not all that insightful; not all that useful, to me.

I know that the typical debunker's posts hereon seem to be from a compulsively rigid "lofty" perspective of being 110% convinced of their dogmatic perfection and pristine certitude.

LOL.

I find the OP interesting and perhaps that it adds a tidbit or 3 not typically included in most such narratives. Time will tell how true such turned out to be.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Physics

Q: "How far can a magnetic field bend light?"

A: "Unfortunately, the path light takes is not affected by the presence of a magnetic field. Light itself is composed of an oscillating electric and magnetic field, and one very important property of electric and magnetic fields is what we call "linearity." That is, if you have two sources of electric and/or magnetic fields, you can predict what the combined field is just by adding the two source fields together. The two fields don’t change each other at all. "

I'm not understanding. I think it's probably something that's over my head.
I'll have to go read up ....

link   

originally posted by: olaru12

The incident happened in New Mexico. Oh yes the djs at a radio station in AZ say nothing happened. So it must be true.

GS

I'm in NM and the DJs didn't say "nothing happened" they said there have been no reports to the station that covers the entire Navajo nation. Why so defensive?

I will continue to contact my media friends on the Rez, Pubelos and my urban NA brothers. And I will post here of any info I get.

Public Access Radio station in Gallup KGLP, no reports...
edit on 30-4-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

link   

Thats why we should wait and see if any other information comes to light. This is either real or a hoax. I am willing to wait until I have all the information I need to made a conclusion. Till then both the believers and debunkers are just speculating.

GS

What happened to 'waiting and seeing' FIRST - BEFORE one goes posting wild stories on forums or making Youtube videos about them?

GS

Nice deflection. It doesn't work on me.

Do you not recognize you may have jeopardized any such investigation into this alleged "Alien Attack" incident by prematurely publicizing it?

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Light can bend in presence of a strong magnetic field.

No it can't.

The only thing that can bend light in free space (ie - NOT passing through a material) is gravity.

Basic physics.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   

GS

GS

Do you not recognize you may have jeopardized any such investigation into this alleged "Alien Attack" incident by prematurely publicizing it?

LOL you are really making some leaps and bounds here...It was already publicized...how do you think I found it?

GS

edit on 30-4-2014 by GeminiSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

No it can't.

The only thing that can bend light in free space (ie - NOT passing through a material) is gravity.

Basic physics.

I thought gravity is a magnetic field?

This reminds me of a UFO case where headlights of a car were bent by the field of the craft...

Ron Sullivan says that he was driving along a nearby road one night when he noticed a bright light in the trees. He says as he got closer it pulled his headlights to the side as if being pulled by a magnet.

GS
edit on 30-4-2014 by GeminiSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

No it can't.

Basic physics.

GS

No.

There are four fundamental forces in the universe:

1. Gravity

2. Electromagnetism (electricity and magnetism are two sides to the same coin but they have nothing to do with gravity).

3. Strong nuclear force.

4. Weak nuclear force.

I guess you either failed high school physics or went to a bad school that didn't teach this.

edit on 30-4-2014 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

GS

GS

LOL you are really making some leaps and bounds here...It was already publicized...how do you think I found it?

GS

What I said still holds. Whoever publicized it did not do themselves, the investigation or the UFO subject any favors by prematurely publicizing an alleged incident without properly investigating it first.

Its the JOB of those who want this subject to have any credibility to at least take steps to debunk nonsense so the true unknowns can be studied in greater detail.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   

No it can't.

Basic physics.

GS

No.

There are four fundamental forces in the universe:

1. Gravity

2. Electromagnetism (electricity and magnetism are two sides to the same coin but they have nothing to do with gravity).

3. Strong nuclear force.

4. Weak nuclear force.

I guess you either failed high school physics or went to a bad school that didn't teach this.

What do you make of this proffessor?

Stanford researchers control light using synthetic magnetism

Left to its own ways, light will follow the same path through an optical system whether the system is being used as a camera lens or as a projector. This is called time-reversal symmetry, or reciprocity. As many new applications and methods would be enabled by access to a non-reciprocal optical system, it is unfortunate that they have been so difficult to come by. But now researchers at Stanford University have discovered how to make such non-reciprocal systems by generating an effective magnetic field for photons.

LINK

GS

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   

GS

GS

GS

What I said still holds. Whoever publicized it did not do themselves, the investigation or the UFO subject any favors by prematurely publicizing an alleged incident without properly investigating it first.

Its the JOB of those who want this subject to have any credibility to at least take steps to debunk nonsense so the true unknowns can be studied in greater detail.

Yes I agree. I am waiting for futher info before calling it a hoax.
GS

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join