It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family in New Mexico Has Violent Encounter With UFO Occupants 2014

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 03:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc
a reply to: 1ofthe9

From spending a few years in Iraq and Afghanistan, I can state that artillery is loud and heard over several miles. If it was used, there must be independently verifiable accounts.

Plus are there not numerous military test ranges in the state?

Could be benign tests.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

This caught my eye

m.santafenewmexican.com... e=jqm

“People in Cerrillos will be subjected to blasting, grinding and night lights.”

Perhaps it was something along those lines.
edit on 1-5-2014 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: sean
If it's on the reservation, that's sovereign area and good luck figuring out where to go, who to talk to, or getting involved in it. I' m not sure what the process is for crime scenes on Navajo nation land, or if they have an open records policy or any way for 'us' to find out whatever it is that may or may not have happned on any given date. Fantastical stories of attacking E.T.s, or no.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: GeminiSky

they had a body of an alien and they never bothered to take any photographs...but they took photographs of tracks it made.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: kkrattiger

Rez police tend to be overworked . . . with more obviously serious cases . . .

e.g. murder rates tend to be above average . . . then there's tons of spouse and child abuse cases of really serious proportions.

And there's always the other (besides the spouse & child abuse) alcohol related problems . . . like driving.

edit on 1/5/2014 by BO XIAN because: left words out

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Just as a few pointers.

If this story was let's say real, then why would people open fire on a higher entity that had not produced any signs of violence or aggression? Perhaps through fear?

Secondly people these days have mobile phones with video recording capabilities more than adequate to even record a blurry video of this event. Eg:
A man skydiving and nearly getting hit by a meteorite.
A meteor flying over Russia.
Bombs, missiles and warfare in the East.
Not a single significant event seems to get by the public eye in this 21st century.

Even basic Psychology states that in a novel event people are more likely to just watch an event occur, even if it meant causing themselves harm. Eg:
The people who stood and watched 911 unfold.
People who stand and watch/record others getting mugged.

I'm sorry but I just fail to believe some of these more extreme stories based solely on the eyewitness testimony of an individual.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

From spending a few years in Iraq and Afghanistan, I can state that artillery is loud and heard over several miles. If it was used, there must be independently verifiable accounts.

Could be benign tests.

True. Arty is amazingly loud and the sound of both the tubes firing off and the impacts travel many, many, many miles.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Could be benign tests.

True. Arty is amazingly loud and the sound of both the tubes firing off and the impacts travel many, many, many miles.

Yes these were simply artillery tests. The uncle was fighting with an unexploded shell on his porch. Some of the shells were flying slow enough for the locals to be able to fire on them with AKs...also one of the shells reflected the moon while it was traveling slowly over someones house, bright enough for the moonlight to seep thru cracks in the ceiling.

These artillery tests (common in the area) were the reason police were called, since the native people did not know what artillery was. Yes this is really what happened and sounds completely plausible.

GS

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: GeminiSky

Could be benign tests.

Yes these were simply artillery tests. The uncle was fighting with an unexploded shell on his porch. Some of the shells were flying slow enough for the locals to be able to fire on them with AKs...also one of the shells reflected the moon while it was traveling slowly over someones house, bright enough for the moonlight to seep thru cracks in the ceiling.

These artillery tests (common in the area) were the reason police were called, since the native people did not know what artillery was. Yes this is really what happened and sounds completely plausible.

GS

Apparently you take Bradford and Maria, the only people making the claims. at their word and do not require any verifiable corroboration whatsoever, which seems to me to be a fairly low standard of evidence... especially considering the State Police were supposedly involved.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Could be benign tests.

GS

No, what we are discussing is a possible explanation for the reports that artillery was heard--that aspect of the story. What do you think a more likely explanation for sounds of artillery (assuming they actually heard it and did not make it up)-- a distant training range or a war of the worlds battle with alien invaders?

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   

GS

Or the uncle is lying and making BS up?

Or he was on drugs and hallucinating ?

Show me a local police report. If the police were called out there would be a paper trail.

There is keeping a open mind and keeping a mind so open your brains fall out.
edit on 1-5-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   

GS

Or the uncle is lying and making BS up?

Or he was on drugs ?

Show me a local police report. If the police were called out there would be a paper trail.

There is keeping a open mind and keeping a mind so open your brains fall out.

And that's true. I assume that in the UK, the police are just as anal about paperwork and reports as in the US. Here, every call must be documented, even if it is a barking dog call, and the resolution of the call must be documented as well, even if it is "further investigation needed." If the state police were there, there would be a paper-trail, especially if gunshots were involved. Responding to a "shots fired" call is a big deal, even in the western states.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

Yup police here spend more time on paperwork than actual policing!

And if a single shot were fired the paperwork and internal investigation go on forever.

A running firefight with automatic weapons and artillery? You would have enough paperwork to fill a bloody library

Not to mention every local news paper would be running the story.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Yup police here spend more time on paperwork than actual policing!

And if a single shot were fired the paperwork and internal investigation go on forever.

A running firefight with automatic weapons and artillery? You would have enough paperwork to fill a bloody library

Not to mention every local news paper would be running the story.

I agree with your position 100%. Although those elements do lend drama to the story, they really do decrease the believability. The more grandiose elements, the more likelihood that there would be independently verifiable evidence.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Plus I am right in saying like the UK you cant just wack a classified or TS seal on information at a whim when it comes to public area incidents you have to go through judges and procedures?

Which mean a man in black cant just go round and tell people to be quiet.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kratos40
a reply to: sean

You can have a cryogenic container fully charged with liquid nitrogen. I work in a stem cell lab and we use those all the time. The newest ones are rated to hold -190 degrees celsius for 10 days.
You are right about the bullet/shell casings not being shown or reported. The lack of the interview of the uncle is kind of putting me on the fence about this incident.

Well the things is they called out the police in the middle of the night and they conveniently have a cryo container of any kind is odd. That means that the police has a contingency plan specific to this sort of thing and that speaks volume in itself. It may be a hot zone and these special soldiers are on standby. If an exchange of gunfire was from this solder type person he may have specialized weaponry, special bullets and the brass from those may be still there. If one brass casing was found and it was an unusual marking on it then that places them at the scene and helps the credibility. This happen in the middle of the night it's likely no clean up was done, unless of course they had people come back to mop up the scene.

As far as the uncles encounter, that would be the most top priority getting some remaining DNA blood/tissue/hair. I know if I had to club an Alien over the head that thing would not be leaving my sight. It's all sounding like a fabricated story, but if true then where is the evidence? They was involved in the call to 911 they could get the transcribe. There is just so many things that can be done and hasn't been done. They're losing credibility fast.
edit on 1-5-2014 by sean because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Yeah, beginning to sound like someones watched too many a Sci-fi movies to me. The only thing missing was the Dog getting flattened by the UFO or a kid getting pulled through the Cat Flap. .

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Got room for one more? I'm one hell of a techy! I agree with you and NavyDoc 10000% on this one as well. I'd truly, honestly, wholeheartedly, like this story to be true but alas what we'd like to be true and what is true can be two entirely different things. Hence why people trying to back the credibility of the source with B.S. and posing is...well...sad.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
Yeah, beginning to sound like someones watched too many a Sci-fi movies to me. :

Universal Soldier being one.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
That was a great movie! The sequels..not so much.

GS

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join