It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video surfaces of unarmed man shot in the back and killed by Long Beach Police!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pimpish
a reply to: Rezlooper

I completely agree with most of what you said there.

Other than -

I don't care what this man's background was, no one deserves to be shot in the back.

There are people out there that certainly deserve at least that. I would never shoot anyone, I don't even own a gun, but there are people out there that if they got shot in the back I wouldn't be too unhappy about. Heck, we voted for many of them.

I stand corrected. I can agree with you on that one...child killers deserve the worst. Any murderers for that matter. Someone who makes a child parentless...well, an eye for an eye.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: benrl
Yep, good ole SO CA Cops.

My friends brother was shot in cuffs in front of his house.

Broken arm, in cuffs, shot in the neck.

Any Police violence case in SO CA, I just can't be unbiased about.

Best part of this story, Corporate enforcers now.

Retail theft, equals death by cop...

Its happened before with a Walmart theft as well, Ill try to find the story.

eta:

Walmart Shop lifter shot dead

Were the cops justified in their shooting, or found that they were anyways, or were there any charges? Was there any video or was it just your friends word against the cops.

Any time you call the police these days, turn on your cell phone cameras, no matter what the call is for, even if you are calling for their help. You just don't know how things are going to turn out.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
What I find disturbing is that it does not seem to bother anyone video recording. Nobody in the room rushes to see what happened. Everyone keeps jabbering away like it is just another daily occurrence.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: MDDoxs
a reply to: Rezlooper

Events like this and the other dozens of stories across these boards and the internet at large are proliferating this damaging image for law enforcement.

They don't care what your image of them is.

They can kill you with impunity and get a 2 week paid vacation out of it.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I would think any reasonable person would not believe the officers could feel threatened while a person is running away and need the use of deadly force.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
The pigs have assumed control. Like an earlier poster said. We have freedom and we have guns but what good are both when we just let the pigs shoot us in the back whenever they want to and nothing ever changes.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: groingrinder

That is a great way to get arrested for obstruction, and then when you call bs on that when they go to cuff you for it and "fight" you are now resisting.
Cops don't like it when you get in their business, especially if they just shot some one.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: nitetrain
Would love to see how many of these dirty cops are ex military...my guess nearly 100 percent..

Total nonesense.
I would argue that professional soldiers are generally better trained than your average LEO (including policing/crowd control), and any soldier with a dash of experience would not feel threatened in a situation like in the video at hand.

*I would even argue that insufficient training and terms of admission are a big part of the problem.
edit on 30-4-2014 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

“The video (shows) one angle, one little piece of the puzzle,” she said. “We understand the public wants timely information. There are so many witnesses and multiple agencies involved (in the shooting).”

LOL at this lady calling it "one little piece...

Seems the LEO's will have to explain how the guy "encountered" them from 50 feet away. Even the K9 stopped. I'm guessing the K9's handler gave him a command to stop/return because the LEO had made up his mind to shoot this alleged dirty shop lifter in the back.

Premeditation perhaps? The dog's actions speak volumes in this "little piece" of the "puzzle!"

Quoted Info From LB Press Telegram's Article

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
We've reached a point where our LEOs have become Judge Dreads. This is despicable.

The reactions are nuts, too. Just sitting there watching someone die. It saddens me greatly.

edit on 4.30.2014 by LeddHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: LeddHead
We've reached a point where our LEOs have become Judge Dreads. This is despicable.

The reactions are nuts, too. Just sitting there watching someone die. It saddens me greatly.

Also what was the need to getting him handcuffed after, he was lying there dead.
Unbelievable!

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
The saddest thing is, there's never an uproar by cops who are members here or from cops across the country when their brothers in arms act as criminals.

Not an apple to apple comparison, but with everything happening around the Clippers owner, Donald Sterling and racism this week, NBA owners came out and blasted the remarks, came out united against one of their own who acted in a way which represents ownership and the league poorly.

Why do we NEVER see anything of the like from cops? It's either silence or an attempt to justify abuse/murder of citizens. It's very similar to Catholic priests/church and child abuse. Rarely an uproar. Far more complacency and turning a blind eye and just like the Catholic church, in many respects it's a culture issue within law enforcement, if you're not helping, you're part of the problem.

And that's what cops don't understand. It's not a bad apple here or there, it's a corrupt culture where they stand by their own no matter the issue, no matter the transgressions. It's sickening. It's pathetic. Needing to earn a living isn't an excuse. Drug dealers also need to earn a living but when it's criminal, the right to earn a living goes out the window . Cops pretty much are involved in legalized criminal organizations and even if they don't pull the trigger, support the climate/atmosphere.

Such low standards they have of themselves. They want respect but fail on all accounts of having respect for anyone not wearing blue with a badge.
edit on 30-4-2014 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ColCurious

Sure they might have better training but the mentality is all wrong.
And unless you were an MP, you have no training in how to deal with someone in an non viloent manner as a police officer should be able to do.

Police should not have military training or military attitude.
FAR separate jobs that require certain mentalities to do efficiently
The military is taught to kill, it was ever other word out of my mouth in boot camp.

Not sure i need some one that has been to combat pointing a gun at me, those guys shot pretty quick now a days too.
I do agree that insufficient training is a big problem

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
The saddest thing is, there's never an uproar by cops who are members here or from cops across the country when their brothers in arms act as criminals.

Not an apple to apple comparison, but with everything happening around the Clippers owner, Donald Sterling and racism this week, NBA owners came out and blasted the remarks, came out united against one of their own who acted in a way which represents ownership and the league poorly.

Why do we NEVER see anything of the like from cops? It's either silence or an attempt to justify abuse/murder of citizens. It's very similar to Catholic priests/church and child abuse. Rarely an uproar. Far more complacency and turning a blind eye and just like the Catholic church, in many respects it's a culture issue within law enforcement, if you're not helping, you're part of the problem.

And that's what cops don't understand. It's not a bad apple here or there, it's a corrupt culture where they stand by their own no matter the issue, no matter the transgressions. It's sickening. It's pathetic. Needing to earn a living isn't an excuse. Drug dealers also need to earn a living but when it's criminal, the right to earn a living goes out the window . Cops pretty much are involved in legalized criminal organizations and even if they don't pull the trigger, support the climate/atmosphere.

Such low standards they have of themselves. They want respect but fail on all accounts of having respect for anyone not wearing blue with a badge.

spot on my friend, spot on

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: LeddHead
I was just about to call them judge dredds lol. Congrats on beating me to it.

They're at it again I see. Not surprised, he was interrupting their day and he got what was coming to him. You think they're going to run down all those stairs? Please. It looked like it was hot outside too, bullets don't have legs and they don't get tired therefor they are much better suited for chasing people down staircases.

At least every once in a while one of them gets what they deserve. Ever seen the video where the old Vietnam vet mows one down with a mini 14 while he's begging for him to stop? Classic.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColCurious

originally posted by: nitetrain
Would love to see how many of these dirty cops are ex military...my guess nearly 100 percent..

Total nonesense.
I would argue that professional soldiers are generally better trained than your average LEO (including policing/crowd control), and any soldier with a dash of experience would not feel threatened in a situation like in the video at hand.

*I would even argue that insufficient training and terms of admission are a big part of the problem.

I kind of see it that way too. I'd prefer to have more trained soldiers as LEO's. In my town, you get these young guys right out of high school off to a police academy, then come back, and in the beginning they may set out with good intentions, but they fall right into the attitude of the entire department because they feel that's the way it is. They're young and impressionable and learn from the older cops. It passes on and gets worse every few years to the point we are today in our society, a bunch of thug cops with their above-the-law attitudes. I believe that if we had more trained soldiers becoming LEO's, we'd have less of this influence from rotten cops. Just my opinion anyways.
edit on 30-4-2014 by Rezlooper because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
They should have shot the person recoding this vertical video

edit on 30-4-2014 by 3xil3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3xil3
They should have shot the person recoding this vertical video

Can a mod please ban this person from ATS?

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
More proof police are being trained to be more violent and are just thugs with badges. I used to feel sorry when I would hear of a cop dying on duty but not anymore they are freaking out of control , above the law and a danger to your health.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
Why do we NEVER see anything of the like from cops? It's either silence or an attempt to justify abuse/murder of citizens.

because the redcoats will unite and try to DESTROY anyone that comes out, and few do come out. This shows the level of cowardice and personal greed towards the 3 P's. prestige, (paycheck and pension)

here are a few that have come out on the side of honor.

Adrian Schoolcraft

Terrance Yeakey

Frank Serpico

Michael Ruppert

edit on 30-4-2014 by HanzHenry because: bb

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join