It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watched the new "Robo-Cop" film today...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
What a piece of garbage that was.

The propaganda was OOZING in it. I almost don't like Sam L Jackson after that performance. But I realize he was playing a role and he's a HELL of an actor.

Anybody, for anybody who was thinking about seeing this, save your money for when it hits the 5$ discount bin at wal mart next month.

ETA: Way to ruin of the great cheeze fests of the 80s and 90's with sub par acting, a terrible script and a promotion of corporate control of law enforcement and the military.

~Tenth
edit on 4/29/2014 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
"I'd buy that for a dollar"....

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Im waiting for the Wife to get home to watch it.

I know it wont live up to the original, but thats a tall order to match the original.

Satire and Political commentary seems to be a lost art in Hollywood these days.

I fear every remake, as they tend to miss what made them good in the first place.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

I've heard nothing but bad things about this film. Just like Red Dawn (the remake).

I did get bored one day and watched RD on NetFlix and really wasn't impressed.

Even if I see this movie at the library, I'll probably walk right on by.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Yet another classic ruined with a shoddy remake - should i even be surprised?

Can we expect a remake of all of star wars? With Andy Dick as Dark Vader and Paris Hilton as Leia?

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
There were so many great sound-bytes from that first movie.
I still use them today...

Does it hurt...does it hurt....

Thank you for your cooperation...

Can you fly Bobbi...

Bitches leave...

Nobody gets the references but me, but I still have fun with them.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I'll buy that for a dollar!

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 01:43 AM
link   
The original had plenty to help it become a great film...great one liners and right good bad guy etc...the remake just forgot all that and made robo really dull.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
a promotion of corporate control of law enforcement and the military.
~Tenth

but wait. doesn't the message of the movie basically conclude that corporate control of law enforcement is a bad thing? Sam Jackson basically plays the role of the propagandist, and the moral of the story basically comes out that his stance is morally wrong, doesn't it? the storyline shows that the corporations are in it only for money and will remove the human element from the task of enforcement at all costs, that their goal is purely profits, it SHOWS this clearly in the storyline, wouldn't this be a good message? im confused how you got a bad message from that. please summarize what in this movies plot line was propaganda
edit on 4/30/14 by pryingopen3rdeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

I watched it last night from a popular streaming movie site and thought it was AWESOME. In contrast to your seeing propaganda, i saw a film that warned about the dangers of using robotic technology against a civilian population. I thought it was full of humanitarian views and suggestions. I didn't see any negative drawbacks to this that would make me call it propaganda.

i say it's a Great film and go see it however you can. They will have to make a 2nd movie because they only scratched the surface with this story so far.. something to look forward to.

top topics

join