It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Its not JUST a Godzilla movie.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I actually enjoyed this movie more than I thought I would. The premise was actually pretty decent...these primordial beings kind of deal.

Still, some of the technical aspects (EMP shutting down EMP hardened military equipment, a HALO jump with non-HALO equipment (and for no reason), and the babies despite no fertilization), kind of irked me, but I got over it.

You just have to view it as just plain fun, and not worry about it too much...but since the movie took itself seriously, it was hard to ignore.

Also, was a LONG time into the movie before we really got to the whole Godzilla thing. I was like Jeff Goldblum in Jurassic Park...."This Godzilla movie is going to actually have Godzilla at some point...right?"

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I saw it last night in 3d IMAX. Epic. Could have been louder. It totally took forever to get the Godzilla part but Bryan Cranston really classed up the first part of the movie. You really got the feeling from it that Godzilla was saying he'll be back.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: dashen

You don't really think that explosion got ALL the babies....do you? Perfect sequel fodder... In fact, I heard they were already planning for it (especially after the weekend box office)....

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok

You don't really think that explosion got ALL the babies....do you? Perfect sequel fodder... In fact, I heard they were already planning for it (especially after the weekend box office)....

Is this the part where I delete the thread from my subscriptions in order to spare myself the horror of having the movie spoiled for me? Or is that something I can expect participants of the thread to respect?

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Went to see this yesterday and was disappointed. Hugely boring. Didn't think it possible to make a Godzilla movie boring but they managed. Unfortunately I stepped out for 2 minutes to pee and missed the only gozilla scene in the movie.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Party foul on gazrok!
Why you going to go and give away the plot?

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: AfterInfinity

That is the danger of taking part in discussion about movies you haven't seen...

I haven't seen it yet either... Later this week hopefully.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Well, I just seen it. And quite frankly, I'm disappointed. Godzilla doesn't show up til the third act, half the movie makes Godzilla feel like a sideshow, and the MUTO were very, very unoriginal. Oh my, look at those giant monsters tearing down buildings and eating soldiers! That's something we've never before encountered in any monster film of any variety!

But the biggest thing that got me was how Godzilla felt like it was only there to score bonus points on account of being Godzilla. You know, just in case the human cast didn't nail the plot. Once Godzilla 2 comes out, I'm just gonna chalk this one up to an introductory film, letting us know that, "Hey, this is the guy that stars in the sequel, so keep an eye out for him!"

You're right, it's not just a Godzilla movie. It's a Godzilla & Friends movie. But mostly just the 'Friends' part.
edit on 20-5-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Is this the part where I delete the thread from my subscriptions in order to spare myself the horror of having the movie spoiled for me? Or is that something I can expect participants of the thread to respect?

Didn't expect spoilers in a thread about a movie, seriously?

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Didn't expect spoilers in a thread about a movie, seriously?

I kinda thought maybe someone would start a spoiler thread. I dunno, maybe I'm just considerate like that.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I ran into trouble from these "Thanks for ruining the movie because you posted a spoiler" types.
-If you're afraid of spoilers to the point of calling out other posters then feel free to ignore movie threads, at least until you've viewed said movie.

*saw it last night, thought it was great.
edit on 20-5-2014 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I was going to take my son to see X-Men this weekend but I think we're going to see Godzilla again.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join