It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS has been infiltrated and infested with western establishment-paid shills...?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
To be fair, the shills and disinformation agents have always been here, they just didn't have a name or term until "shill" developed about 2 years ago.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
While I have no doubt that there are shills on here, I think they are probably on a lot of other sites as well - that sort of thing being their job and all.

However, how much impact do they really think they would have when this site has ~700k members/visitors in a given week? Does this site have THAT much influence over public opinion? It would be nice, but I really don't think it does.

I do think there are a lot of ignorants on here who get their information from the pretty talking heads and come on here and regurgitate it like it is gospel, thinking that they are well-informed. Accidental shills, if you will.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

The majority of people, as we already know, aren't well versed in the things we hold as truth. It takes YEARS of research and questioning the status quo in order for most people to get there.

You expect everybody who comes here to already be 'awakened' to what we know?

~Tenth

Tenth, from your quotes above, and the overall OP, isn't that part of the issue here? I'm certainly not a paid schill, or if I am I haven't received my cheque, but you don't 'know', you aren't more 'awake', you hold a point of view that you consider a 'truth' with no more actual evidence than the people you say are unaware of that truth - and that then starts the flames. If this is a discussion board (it is) then unless there are absolute facts the other person is not aware of - not infowars, not something someone has read in a blog so it must be true - then surely those facts should be discussed in a rational manner rather than suggest someone is not 'awake' or is a paid agent.

I'm sure that won't be a popular response with some people, and no disrespect to yourself, but if all you want is a discussion board for people who agree with you then it will soon become a very lonely place.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
look. I am willing to admit that there may be a few here and there but I have a serious problem with the so-called 'awake'

The problem is that if you disagree with a theory, you're a shill or disinfo agent. If you believe someone's facts aren't facts, you're a shill. That name gets thrown around so much here that it doesn't even phase me anymore. There are so many theories here that people are going to disagree and provide their own facts but then that herd mentality (and don't think for a second the so-called 'awake' don't fall into herd mentality as well) springs up and BAM...everyone's a disinfo agent or paid to be here

it's so tiring

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

originally posted by: deadeyedick

It has been admited in the intro forum before that some members are paid to be here by the u.s. in order to quail some of the 2012 stuff.

You can of course link us to those admissions....?
I don't think we are able to single members out that way. Plus the members intro thread is no longer around. Surely i can't be the only member around 4 or 5 years ago that remembers this intro. Just look to the smartest science mind around and he may tell the truth.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

The problem is that if you disagree with a theory, you're a shill or disinfo agent. If you believe someone's facts aren't facts, you're a shill. That name gets thrown around so much here that it doesn't even phase me anymore.

That has really come to be my feeling on it too. I think the "shill" term has become interchangeable with "troll" or what we called a r0dent back in BBS days. The guy who isn't having a good day until someone else is having a bad one. That type.

What kinda gets me about the shill accusations, in even a general way? Paid posts would be the last ones to LOOK like it, and those doing it hours a day for a simple paycheck and as a job, wouldn't be the ones to get uppity and emotional. They wouldn't likely draw attention that Staff would notice to look harder. They'd be the fly on the wall for remembering, but with the subtle comments to steer opinion.

Subtle efforts to steer opinion? Here? lol.... It's more like manhandling the wheel of a race car at high speed for what is normally seen. It's why I've never really bought into the shill thing. Perhaps in short term events for short term goals..but I don't think anyone comes here day after day as a member of the community, and posts for pay with things they don't sincerely feel. Folks here are pretty sharp. It wouldn't wash for long.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

originally posted by: alomaha
a reply to: tothetenthpower

I just think that dedicated groups of people would rather troll message boards that average people are reading, like Reddit or Tumblr or any of the other dozen, far more popular and far more mainstream sources than ATS

Tell me something frankly please. Do you really think they don't patrol this forum? They are patrolling your personal e-mail accounts (even Obama admited it after Snowden revalations) or you think that is just paranoia?

But I HIGHLY doubt that ATS is used as some sort of project test bed or that any of these 3 letter agencies can see past their noses to come up with anything usefull.

I don't know....Michael Aquino is certainly suspect!

No doubt there are shills on here, some come and go, others get the boot and others still are just really good at what they do. That being said, those examples make up just 1% of the people I think are paid shills, you know, being a conspiracy theorist and all.

All you can do is chose to engage and use it as an opportunity to educate others or ignore them. I prefer to sling dodo poo.....to each there own.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Excellent thread very brave of you to confront this issue S and F!!

I completely agree that this site, as well as any like wise forum, is riddled with dis info 'agents'.

I understand what others have said,for example "if you disagree then people lable you as a shill"..maybe that is the level of paranoia that has been raised due to this infestation? Well i guess viewers will just have to be very discerning and use their intuition to get to the bottom of any topic and always do your own thorough research."People may be here as newbies and disagree out of lack of understanding"- i also understand that but generally you still get the impression of who is geniune and who is not.

Shills take/use many forms,guises and techniques, TPTB will cover every angle-"if you can't beat em join em" I'll even put my neck on the block and say this thread has been 'contributed to' by certain individuals,the likes of which i encountered when i had 'the audasity' of doing my first and only thread (so far) about planet X...boy! they all come out then lol.

I know of the fact they have call centre type places,that they employ quite ordinary civilian folk, so to speak,to go on to sites like this and learn all the habits, likes/dislikes,debating approach so on so on (you get the idea) of certain posters for example.Apparently they have a list of topics/areas of study to 'protect' for lack of a better term.Additionally they would undermine and dis credit certain reponses that were perhaps closing in on the truth and certain sensitive subjects.These organisations regularly move location and change 'company' name/s and employees.

I would also say that there are 'higher up' people at work on places like this as well, all with their agenda/s.I also think at times real sensitive or occult knowledge has been purposely released by Tptb as we at some point will have to come to terms with the true reality of all that is,of coarse they still do that with an agenda.

One last thing that gets me, is the amount of Freemasons on here declaring that the organisation is 'decent' at it's core...That is far from the truth and when i read such blatent defensivness (amongst other things) that immediately raised a red flag...I just can't beleive the gaul of some of these people..I'm basically speechless!

Heres a link with some priceless info regarding what has been brought up in this thread

www.atlanteanconspiracy.com...

Stay sharp Guys

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
One very common technique ive noticed is they will first agree with you...then try to discredit you all in the same post!

GS

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
The definition of "shill" is someone who doesn't agree with your hare-brained conspiracy nonsense. Whether they spout what you call the "party line" or not is largely irrelevant. They are called "shills" the same way people are called "racists" because you really have no coherent arguments to present. Labeling someone a "shill" or a "racist" is a logical fallacy, an "ad hominem" attack that doesn't at all deal with the issues at hand.

The "shill" accusation comes up quite often. Do you REALLY think anyone cares what the people of ATS think? Really??? ATS is a site that almost by definition contradicts its own mantra of "deny ignorance" on a daily basis. Do you really think that people who believe in chemtrails and reptilians are to be taken seriously? Most people here, and I include myself among them, are armchair theorists without any hard evidence for anything at all save their own existence. And EVEN THOUGH once in a great while something really good shows up here, albeit few and far between, the presence of the other crackpot nonsense on here detracts from the whole enough to cause this site to be a laughingstock for anyone truly serious about the subject matter.

"Shills" on ATS?? I know it's hard to take, but NOBODY CARES what ATS thinks. It is not at all influential, and it's simply not worth attempting to shape opinion here which doesn't matter and is often off the deep end anyway. ATS does a fine job of discrediting itself without any outside help.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
So it would probably come as no surprise that as a member of ATS i occasionally watch things on tv like the bigfoot hunter shows like my personal favorite, Finding Bigfoot. (I'm going somewhere with this, bear with me
)

This one big dude, Bobo, goes out in the woods and does these 'bigfoot calls' and sometimes they get an audible response on the recording. Of course the hunters do a happy dance (except for the Rachel Maddow looking chick, who poopoos everything, but i digress) at successfully calling up a bigfoot response.

All I can think of is a set of bigfoot hunters on the other side of the woods doing their own calls and these guys just hooting back and forth at each other with any actual Bigfoots (feet?) in proximity probably doubled over laughing.

That's what I think this is, shill calls back and forth between members accusing each other of shilldom (shillosity?) while the actual shills are yukking it up at us all, drinking margaritas and ordering smoked salmon on the Tavistock or CFR or Trilateral Commission (etc) expense account.

If you think you see a shill, it isn't one. When you don't see one, that's the time to wonder.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Davian

The best way to deal with them is to ignore them, as i do. They are good at what they are doing and if you start arguing, you can be sure they will always have something to say, no matter how much cornered they are. These people have literally a garbage distributor as a mouth. Ignore them or dirty yourself by "communicating" with them. Your choice.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I don't now, shills paid or voluntary don't bother me as much. I can take any shill, anytime so bring it on shillies

It is true they sometimes try to divert the conversation and discredit the opponent but if some members are that gullible and never notice those posts and methods - well, nothing to do about that. People are different and we should let them be.

I always preferred the 'old' internet and fora in the 90's. Everybody said whatever they wanted, there were no real moderators/police telling us what to do and bad language and insults were everywhere. We learned to deal with it or get the f out.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientiaFortisDefendit
However, how much impact do they really think they would have when this site has ~700k members/visitors in a given week? Does this site have THAT much influence over public opinion? It would be nice, but I really don't think it does.

Interesting point..Well lets not forget these 700,000 people have family and friends,we could be talking millions of informed people? That could well be quite too much, for those within the elite and who knows how influential any one of these potential persons could be? and subsequently 'get the word out'.
edit on 30-4-2014 by Buddyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Hey, if anyone knows where I can get a job as a shill, contact me. I've got a Communications degree going to waste here. I could be promoting your ideology, arguing with people who don't see things the right way, which of course would be the way of the highest bidder.

Seriously though, I'm pretty good at this sort of thing, so I dunno, DynCorp, if you need a new "Public Relations Drone", I could be that guy.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Think of what you are saying, the internet is the construct and pretty much experiment of the U.S. government (directly and indirectly) now that being said, do you really expect any degree of isolation from said infiltrations ? the only way that could be avoided is to have authenticated memberships and some SSL type of login method, outside of that, the internet is full of trolls and fakes, you make a great argument but I am sorry, but could it be that simply the people that you are accusing of not agreeing with you, simply have their own opinion or a strong conviction to defend those opinions, thus making your argument as equally biased from their viewpoint?

What it comes down to is, everyone that does have an analytical mind is not just going to agree with what someone says just because it's suppose to be true, and that is a good thing, not a bad one.

Imagine if Einstein had fully agreed to all the prevailing theories during his time, no critical thinking, no difference of views, = stagnation and zero progression.

I say deny ignorance.

edit on 30-4-2014 by phinubian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: _damon

The best way to deal with them is to ignore them, as i do. They are good at what they are doing and if you start arguing, you can be sure they will always have something to say, no matter how much cornered they are. These people have literally a garbage distributor as a mouth. Ignore them or dirty yourself by "communicating" with them. Your choice.

Garbage distributor!! That is priceless=)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Do you really think that people who believe in chemtrails and reptilians are to be taken seriously?

Yes i do as there is plenty of evidence to suggest likewise

Stop being a shill lol

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

I agree entirely, but ATS isn't an echo chamber like you'll find on other dedicated websites. Fox news forums or MSNBC etc.

There is a wide range of views and opinions that are always being contested here.

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

WOW so many conspiracy cliches in one post!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join