It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS has been infiltrated and infested with western establishment-paid shills...?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Davian

"Shills" paid or not, let them come.
It is an opportunity to sharpen our debating skills.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Of course, the problem here is individual opinion.

It's ALWAYS been the case on ATS that when someone argues against a popular theory they are quickly called "shills". This is not new, and it's a common method of attacking others in an attempt to discredit them. It doesn't work.

You yourself are doing this too, by suggesting that all those who believe something MUST be shills, they can't POSSIBLY just have a different opinion to you!

Personally, I've seen a lot of pro-Russian propaganda out there, and it is undeniable. Take a look at the Guardian website and you will see it in the comments for yourself. The same has been happening on the BBC Have Your Say comments when discussing the Ukraine crisis. It is simply not believable that so many in the UK and US would side with Putin over this, it's not logical and the numbers posting repeatedly with consistent form and broken English makes it absolutely obvious what is happening there.

I think it's it's logical that there will be some in the UK, US and Europe who would side with Russia, but it is absolutely clear by the sheer numbers of people on those sites attempting to deflect debate and publishing easily debunked statements that there is a truly massive Kremlin propaganda campaign going on with many of these sites.

I have not seen any of that on ATS, because ATS is not a publicly popular site with the audience the Kremlin or any other government would want to influence. This is not the Guardian or BBC. The audience here is nowhere near the same, so we are not likely to face the kind of propaganda either government is capable of.

My personal belief is that the opinions here are pretty genuine. There are a lot of people who are willing to call out Putin for the crazy he is, while calling out the UK and US for their hypocrisy too. In the minds of most I have debated with, no one is naive enough to view the US as a "beacon of truth", but they also realize that invading Ukraine is a criminal act and that Russia is acting dangerously and aggressively.

Paranoia and distrust of our own governments is rife here, and I know that many will support Putin's aggression simply because of that biased view. From what I've seen, the attitudes here and the debates about this crisis are a predictable outcome and I see no evidence of "shills".

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
Anyone who does not agree with me is a paid shill. Anyone who uses facts, science, or sources to back something up is a paid shill. Anyone who does not fall into the group think is a paid shill. That is pretty much what I am getting out of this.

I would have said the shills are those who are always siding with the government or corporations or the law. Those who attack a persons character or twist a persons words to cover up the truths they speak of.

Someone who argues on the side of the law makers when a person shows decent morals, principles or common sense which contradict certain laws. Basically trying to constantly cover up and knock back the truth when it shows its face.

You seem to do this in almost every thread I see you in. Regardless of the topic. I've noticed for a long time

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   

It takes YEARS of research and questioning the status quo in order for most people to get there. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is funny stuff. So if you spend enough dead time searching google you will find the truth?

IMO it's entirely justified to see a bunch of people towing the party line, because that's all they know. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

So, people who 'tow the party line' don't sit around and search google 24/7?

How about instead of complaining about them, that we do what we've always done and try to educate them, through reasoned, healthy and civil debate. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

By convincing them to spend countless hours searching google?

Are there some people who are paid to troll internet boards to push an agenda? There sure are. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Did it occur to you that persons don't care about all the garbage you dig up searching google?

Are they interested in the musing of ATS, enough that some actual 'operation' has been formed around it. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is the best one. By 'operation' does that mean that they are, or are not, interested in all the garbage you dug up searching google 24/7?

That was fun. So how much do the PTB pay for visiting ATS and laughing at people who sit around and search google all day?

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   

One thing you have to realize is ATS is a much different place these days. Conspiracy is now a mainstream word whereas a few short years ago it was'nt.

When I found this place initially back in 2005, I felt like I was a little kid among my much wiser older brothers and sisters. People actually would cite their reasons and give evidence as to why they might think this way or that with something other than a link to a boobtube video or an MSNBC/Fox article. Debate and discussion on most of the threads was not filled with most of the overly emotional responses you see on alot of todays threads either.

Contrast that to today where I still read ATS almost every day, but almost never see a thread that's worthy of much discussion, let alone me taking the time to post in it. ATS has gotten just as tribal as the rest of the world, but it used to be very different. That's not to say there are not shills on this site because its so obvious that some posters are..... I just think that alot of it might be how things are.
edit on 30-4-2014 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Davian

Anyone think it is a bit odd, that just before this 'Crimean crisis' unfolded, a bunch of user accounts were 'activated' that all have the same posting characteristics involved in said posts and/or threads.

- Blind following of mainstream media sources...

- Nationalistic tendencies...

- Instant insensitive decrying of anything conspiracy theory-related, automatically, right off the bat.

- Populous circle-jerk threads, almost always involving large numbers of said aforementioned disinformation agents.

- Rampantly obtuse cognitive dissonant tendencies, aimed toward attacking and/or discrediting critics of the US government and/or their political and/or financial allies.

- Obtusely ignorant defense of globalist tactics, such as the NATO encirclement of Russia...

- The unfounded idea that the Pan-American western union of oligarchs can do no wrong.

- Any American citizen standing against his government is a domestic terrorist...

- Characteristics strongly indicative of rampant racism and 'chest-pounding' nationalistic and/or imperialistic tendencies.

On top of that you forgot to add: everything UFO related, every name who holds a respectable reputation on the field gets attacked in the most aggressive way, ridiculed, bashed and derailed in the name of Denying Ignorance while the real purpose is to kill the subject, confuse posters and direct discredit the source. Once the seed of doubt is planted, the rest of the job is done by it self.

The same with archeology, ancient civilization... Few names always circle this sub forums and threads like vultures and as soon as something is posted that goes against the official line or the mainstream, they move on to kill it acting like the biggest scholars the history has ever seen and use funny arguments, century old facts, jump from one thing to another, circle back to the argument, mushing up the waters then come up again as the holders of the torch of the truth.

The irony is that ATS is suppose to be a conspiracy site but this shills using always the Deny Ignorance argument have skillfully managed to kill every thing conspiratorial and now ATS looks more like a debunking site.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I don't think so, no. This whole concept of shills I find horrible, because now it means whenever anybody posts something in disagreement on a thread on ATS, a lot of folks just cry 'SHILL!' and thus debate is silenced forever and nobody has to listen to anybody who disagrees with them.

Anyway. There's what, 120,000 visitors to ATS every day. Which is a lot for a website admittedly.

But 120k people? Drop in the ocean. Why would government agencies spend a lot of resources chasing after the maybe 20-30k people who view a thread?

They'll be spending their money on mainstream media. I really don't think they care what those of us here at the fringes think. We're a tiny tiny minority.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   
In the second world war the use'd a Lot of propaganda.
do you belive that they stop't at the end of the war?
No! they kept it up with USSR, and Never stop't.

one way they do it now,
Is to make a Joke out of it.
you can see that in a Lot of posts in this one!

they are giving a lot away doing it this hard!

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com...

By Painterz

Because the news media are using this site.
ATS has been in the news a lot.
so they keep a eye on us.
so they have to keep up the propaganda.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Couldn't agree more so many people on here who just love the imperialistic oligarchy running around cloaked as government, and the Amerikan sheep just eat it up. Then regurgitate, and re spew as fact its pretty pathetic, but then again so is the propaganda coming from the horses mouth all day every day from the white house so why should we expect less from some of the most under educated and stubborn people on the face of the earth.

Not schills just over common cored, taught with ebonics, purple participation ribbon recipients, who's government will forever be tasked with keeping them "safe" and well taken care of LOL dont even need to teach, born patriotic schills, preaching CNN and ass backwards two party views.

SaneThinking

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Springer

Even if a few lackeys are "paid shills" they are so low rent

I don't buy the schill BS either.
See that was more or less where I was going with my
previous comments. If anybody was getting paid for doing this
it damn well better be me. I'm beyond low rent, no rent and
now surf across the cyber floor re-rentlessly looking for just such
opportunity. Done so many odd jobs I'm beginning to look odd.
Anyway this is right up there with chemtrails.

a reply to: Wrabbit2000

Yes Wrabbit, I am agreeing with you on this one.

edit on Ram43014v57201400000035 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I've seen a big change in ats in the 4 years and more since I've been reading ats.
To me it's become more of a political social mainstream news site instead of the great conspiracy place I loved enough to sign up for, and this is the one and only site I've joined.
Is it just a temporary wave? and will go back to once it once was? I really hope so, I miss the old ats where you could have an intelligent discussion on anything outside the box whether you believe or not.
Denying ignorance has become an excuse for not talking about conspiracies at all.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
does anyone have a figure of how many people the nsa employ to go online and curb the discussion the way the government wants? there is no denying they are employed, they have admitted as much. but how many? 1000? more?
finding out these numbers should give you all you need to figure out what is happening to thoughtful discussion on the interweb.
could others please implement COMMON SENSE!

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
There absolutely are paid shills, AND followers of their cause, all over the internet-including here. Just sit back and watch how they work, -once you find one. I encountered a bad one at a gaming forum in the political section. He's probably one of the best I've came across. I accused him of deliberately poisoning peoples minds with propaganda. He has a band of little followers who attack anyone who questions him or his ideas. They're like wolves. I call them out on their BS, even though it's their opinion and they're entitled to it.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I opened up ATS for the first time in weeks the other day, on the front page I see a thread about invading Ukraine with US troops and what a good idea it is to 'save the day', then I see a number of posters replying all saying that yes it's probably a great idea.

The shills have made the mistake of underestimating our intelligence, they think we are so dumb to think that such a thread might be legit and that the posters there are real ATS conspiracy theorists.

The time has come for the ATS Mods to clean out these obvious non-conspiracy posters, they need to update the rules so as obvious infiltrators can be removed, the more the genuine posters are swarmed by these sockpuppets the less they'll want to post here, that's most likely the plan; to harass real conspiracy theorists and make them less likely to post online.

Mods, it's time to get this place cleaned up; save ATS before it's too late!

edit on 30-4-2014 by hiddencode because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: hiddencode

Although I certainly appreciate your feedback, rest assured we have all the tools at our disposal necessary for maintaining a site in compliance with the stated Terms and Conditions without making any wholesale changes. We'll be fine.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
I don't think so, no. This whole concept of shills I find horrible, because now it means whenever anybody posts something in disagreement on a thread on ATS, a lot of folks just cry 'SHILL!' and thus debate is silenced forever and nobody has to listen to anybody who disagrees with them.

Anyway. There's what, 120,000 visitors to ATS every day. Which is a lot for a website admittedly.

But 120k people? Drop in the ocean. Why would government agencies spend a lot of resources chasing after the maybe 20-30k people who view a thread?

They'll be spending their money on mainstream media. I really don't think they care what those of us here at the fringes think. We're a tiny tiny minority.

There is a big difference in disagreeing and attacking it's people that go into a thread with no interest in the subject trash it,start personally attacking, goes off topic, until it's completely derailed and the thread fades away. Just look into the archives where old threads used to run a respectable length.

Disagreeing with intelligent responses keep the thread going and adds perspective to the discussions.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: TWILITE22

originally posted by: Painterz

There is a big difference in disagreeing and attacking it's people that go into a thread with no interest in the subject trash it,start personally attacking, goes off topic, until it's completely derailed and the thread fades away. Just look into the archives where old threads used to run a respectable length.

Disagreeing with intelligent responses keep the thread going and adds perspective to the discussions.

this 200%. Totally agree

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
you do not need to concern yourself with whom posts, but the quality of the information presented. Is it accurate? Is it just parotting of new? Is it deceitful?

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
ATS (warts and all) is important. It will have its shills and these shills will be, by and large, people who defend the government's official stance on just about anything. Generally speaking, the opposition can't afford shills.

That being said, there will be people who genuinely support every side of every argument. That's what this place is for, to bring diverging opinions together.

I think people, whatever their take on a given issue, should be happy to see an opposing view. Whether the person is a shill or not, one is being challenged to defend a viewpoint. That's a good thing. Believe me, the average, and even the below average reader will be able to tell an honest person from a dishonest person most of the time, especially when they get a chance to A/B them in a thread.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join