It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS has been infiltrated and infested with western establishment-paid shills...?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
LOL

were all shills now

cant speak out against Russia these days ehh

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: Vovin

And really, how long can can people continue to blame Russia for what's going on in Ukraine?

So long as the Russians keep trying to fly their flag over Ukrainian territory, obviously. If you want to defend Russian actions, fine. That is political opinion. But denying them? That is either delusional or a deliberate attempt to mislead. Can you understand why the majority of ATS members assume that most of the new members defending the Russian invasion of Ukraine are paid Russian "cyber-warriors?"

What majority of ATS members do you speak of? All I see is about 5 or so accounts that post clear-cut pro-west propaganda, misinformation, and tend to follow other members around who don't adhere to their opinions. Some of these accounts have been doing it for years. But hey, my account says I only joined a few months ago so what would I really know about ATS

But hey, keep believing in those "Russian cyber-warriors"... Funny how Americans never boast about some apparently invincible faction of their military when they are probably in it (USA Cybercommand vs "Russian cyber-warriors").

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vovin

And really, how long can can people continue to blame Russia for what's going on in Ukraine?

So long as the Russians keep trying to fly their flag over Ukrainian territory, obviously. If you want to defend Russian actions, fine. That is political opinion. But denying them? That is either delusional or a deliberate attempt to mislead. Can you understand why the majority of ATS members assume that most of the new members defending the Russian invasion of Ukraine are paid Russian "cyber-warriors?"

What majority of ATS members do you speak of? All I see is about 5 or so accounts that post clear-cut pro-west propaganda, misinformation, and tend to follow other members around who don't adhere to their opinions. Some of these accounts have been doing it for years. But hey, my account says I only joined a few months ago so what would I really know about ATS

But hey, keep believing in those "Russian cyber-warriors"... Funny how Americans never boast about some apparently invincible faction of their military when they are probably in it (USA Cybercommand vs "Russian cyber-warriors").

You really should pay attention to what others here say to you, rather than try to shout them down or make accusations against them by innuendo. What I said was: it is perfectly okay to defend Russia's actions, but it does not make sense to deny them. That isn't even good propaganda because it undermines your credibility. When the United States launched its own illegal invasion of Iraq and found new ways to violate the spirit of the Geneva Convention, no-one was stupid enough to come on here and say: "Invasion? What invasion?" the way some of the newer members here are doing.

You do not seem to understand that contrary to what you may think, the majority of posters here are not anti-American. They are anti-Government! Most of them hate Russia's government just as much as they hate America's, and the violent protesters on the Maidan are acting out one of their favorite fantasies: Armed rebellion.

(post by TritonTaranis removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Meee32
a reply to: yorkshirelad
I remember similar excuses and reasoning for the phone tapping and internet snooping... "How could they watch everything? It would take an enormous team" "Because of the team needed it could never be kept secret" "Why would they want to know what you're doing? They just look and monitor criminals"

Heard it all before... They do monitor these sites and they do try to drive some threads.

I do not deny they are monitoring sites. In fact it is highly likely they are monitoring ALL sites as Snowden's evidence suggests. However, there is a massive difference between auto monitoring and active engagement, which being a "shill" requires. If you read my post correctly you would understand that that is what I was describing, actively engaged shills ...or not as the case may be.

Now to your Guardian quote (I'm a Guardian/Observer reader by the way ....DUH !!!) :

The US military is developing software that will let it secretly manipulate social media sites by using fake online personas to influence internet conversations and spread pro-American propaganda.

NB the key word (English grammar is "IS" developing) they still need to be conversational. which means spelling mistakes, grammar mistakes etc the bleedin obvious which shows you are talking to a person not a machine.

Right now they are just getting the machines to recognise and converse without making the bleeding obvious mistakes which makes you know it's a machine. However, people are not perfect and it is ironic that in order to fool a human being (with half a brain cell) the machine has to make mistakes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Meee32

Nice post! Not seen that little chestnut before. It answers another posters comment of "they wouldn't have any impact, you would need too many", well times what they have by 10! Hell I bet they have it down so well they could automate some of it if not all.

Oops, methinks you spoke too soon.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis

originally posted by: MrSpad
Anyone who does not agree with me is a paid shill. Anyone who uses facts, science, or sources to back something up is a paid shill. Anyone who does not fall into the group think is a paid shill. That is pretty much what I am getting out of this.

Hilarious isn't it...

I've seen the OP refuse to accept proven facts in numerous threads

Now he's making rant threads accusing people with a different opinion to his who constantly use facts to disprove him and calling them shills it's brilliant

Time to wake up the run away conspiracy theorists who live in a lonely delusional world of Im Right your wrong

There is one very very big similarity between these types, they all seem to be misfit and self outcast lunatics that love on a planet where nothing is real and everything is a lie

Actually you do not need to read the content of the replies of the OP merely the frequency ( on all of his threads.......oh dear.....somebody needs to have a chill pill or a few nice glasses of red wine. Wound up or what !!!!!!!!!! ...wow ). One thing is for sure he is not an automated government disinfo reply!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Davian
I wasn't intending to call anyone out for being a shill by disagreeing with me. There are a lot of people that do fit these characteristics that aren't. Notice I haven't done that once to anyone in here disagreeing with me? (Gasp!)
I do find it a bit hilarious not a single one of those members that I had in mind has bothered to drop in.

Perhaps they have life's, family's and jobs and not as much internet time as you ?

What has driven you to conclude certain members are paid shills?

Perhaps you have become over embroiled in your conspiracy theories and reading that they're creating some form of paranoia and anger within you? Keep calm take a breath and maybe take some time of the "conspiracy theory websites"

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: yorkshirelad

originally posted by: MrSpad
Anyone who does not agree with me is a paid shill. Anyone who uses facts, science, or sources to back something up is a paid shill. Anyone who does not fall into the group think is a paid shill. That is pretty much what I am getting out of this.

Hilarious isn't it...

I've seen the OP refuse to accept proven facts in numerous threads

Now he's making rant threads accusing people with a different opinion to his who constantly use facts to disprove him and calling them shills it's brilliant

Time to wake up the run away conspiracy theorists who live in a lonely delusional world of Im Right your wrong

There is one very very big similarity between these types, they all seem to be misfit and self outcast lunatics that love on a planet where nothing is real and everything is a lie

Actually you do not need to read the content of the replies of the OP merely the frequency ( on all of his threads.......oh dear.....somebody needs to have a chill pill or a few nice glasses of red wine. Wound up or what !!!!!!!!!! ...wow ). One thing is for sure he is not an automated government disinfo reply!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agreed I think we all now the OP has been defending Russia action with a gang to the death, and defending everything that went against what Russian government MSM was saying... it was clear to me as well as others That he/she would refuse any form of information that went against his/her opinion

Firstly I like many other long serving ATS members noticed was the outright LIES and ganging up on people who went against there views and pro Russia Agendas

I was called a shill immediately by this gang, I could to believe it... Because I disagreed with there propaganda?

I domt think they realise that I've actually been on ATS since 2004, I'm just sick of these people talking rubbish and thinking nobody's going to challenge there conspiracy's and lies, since when did debunking make you a shill

When I read this thread, firstly I was amazed absolutely amazed

It reminded me of when Alex jones had a breakdown

If you tell a lie so many times, people will start believing in that lie...

This is the result of somebody who had become so obsessed with there own lies that they begun to actually believe the lie themselves

edit on 1-5-2014 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

(post by Davian removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Your ability to not see the reality you live in and assume government and plain old corporate shilling doesn't exist, speaks to you as how informed you are

in other words, that's your problem, not mine. I am informed.

ADMIN NOTE: I'm leaving this in, but please read this and be aware that any form of personal commentary is off-topic and subject to staff action. -- Majic

edit on 5/1/2014 by Majic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ispyed
US Government admits it uses social media to counter Al-Quaeda.

arstechnica.com...

It seems reasonable to think that the US government might leave comments on ATS, but then again we are all conspiracy nuts so what the hell.

ATS is monitored. There was a post the other day claiming to come from a UK MP which was removed very quickly.

Well that would be the propaganda and counterpropaganda wing of the CIA.

(post by TritonTaranis removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   
There was a thread about ongoing alien peskies in Peru that got overtook by the New Mexico visitations sillyness...they were inches apart on the home/login page...

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Manners Matter

Given that we've needed to remove some posts for manners, a reminder seems appropriate...

Posted on Page 2 of this thread

originally posted by: Majic
There's nothing wrong with speculating about opinion manipulation schemes and how they may be in play on ATS. However, let's please remember that personal attacks against any ATSer, including accusations of being a "shill" or the like, run afoul of our terms & conditions and may result in removal of posts and other staff actions.

The question of "shilling" on ATS is as old as ATS itself, and one I personally find interesting, but it's irrelevant from a moderation standpoint, because the terms & conditions don't contain the word "shill".

They do, however, prohibit personal attacks, which are very easy to spot and remove, as we have had to do in some cases in this thread.

Let's please remember that whatever our views may be, the topics themselves are the only appropriate subjects for discussion, and personal commentary of any kind directed toward any ATSer degrades discussion and draws negative staff attention.

It is our goal to ensure that every member who posts in accordance with the terms & conditions can do so without fear of abuse, harassment or ridicule. Anyone who would discourage any member from posting for any reason does so in opposition to this goal. We act accordingly and encourage all members who spot trouble to alert us to it.

Thanks, as always, to every member who has not needed to be reminded of this. And, as always, should anyone wish to dispute any action I take (which any member is welcome to do) or have any questions about this or anything else, please don't hesitate to send me a private message.

And now, time for me to shut up and get back to lurking...

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

1000 times this.

I know several people who actually work for the government, in one capacity or another. Most of them are relatively high functioning idiots, if their Facebook wall is any indication. I'm also fairly certain that most of the alphabet-pals employ at least a few clever people who can imagine various scenarios in which a site like ATS might be used to further their agendas. I am equally certain that most of their effort is blocked by unconscious (non conscious?) movement of the herd, just like every other workplace in America.

It kinda makes me chuckle to think about it, really. Lex Luthor, stymied by functionaries, minions, sycophants and tool-boxes, is forced to admit his kryptonite laser is just another pointer for highlighting trivium during safety presentations....

edit on 1-5-2014 by 0zzymand0s because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I used to work as an "Invincible American Warrior" during the FIRST cold war.This new one won't last as long however.Russia's a paper tiger and we are ruled by liars...AND NOW MANY KNOW IT.
These midterms are beyond critical this time.
I know Russia was NEVER going to give up that naval base. We will NEVER let them pull the same crap like after WWII again. You got Crimea,a Ukraine encroachment is war.Our leadership doesn't take any of this seriously any way,they are too busy stealing from and threatening US citizens.By the way we will now reinforce our forces surrounding Russia now and expanding power to asia. Thanks for giving our military industrial complex cannon fodder,hell, they may draft women this time. They are SO keen on getting them into combat arms.

Not at all MY idea do not think it such.

Personally I hope the planet get's invaded by grays.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:51 AM
link   

ATS should check out these pro Russia supporters IP addresses

certainly double accounts gwaning in here

Let's pretend we live in some city. There was a town hall discussion where different opinions were presented based on different sides of the story.

This guy then leaves the discussion and provides some media commentary on how the people with different opinions should be investigated by the government, for their opinions, because he believes there is probable cause that they are enemy spies paid to speak those opinions.

Let that sink in.

I mean, ATS is a community, right?

And this guy is accusing pretty much everybody who disagrees with him as being a Russian spy. Why is this acceptable? Whatever happened to the day and age where we accepted that there were spies here and there and we carried on anyways without turning every disagreement into an act of subversion?
edit on 2-5-2014 by Vovin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vovin

You really should pay attention to what others here say to you, rather than try to shout them down or make accusations against them by innuendo. What I said was: it is perfectly okay to defend Russia's actions, but it does not make sense to deny them. That isn't even good propaganda because it undermines your credibility. When the United States launched its own illegal invasion of Iraq and found new ways to violate the spirit of the Geneva Convention, no-one was stupid enough to come on here and say: "Invasion? What invasion?" the way some of the newer members here are doing.

You do not seem to understand that contrary to what you may think, the majority of posters here are not anti-American. They are anti-Government! Most of them hate Russia's government just as much as they hate America's, and the violent protesters on the Maidan are acting out one of their favorite fantasies: Armed rebellion.

It's people on your side of the argument that are screaming about Russian soldiers invading Ukraine, and anyone who says otherwise here are "Russian disinformation agents". Not too sure what to make of being called a "Russian disinformation agent", especially since that would be treason to my country and it's definitely not my culture, but my sources that I follow from east Ukraine clearly state that they are Ukrainian and would only join Russia if they needed the help in fighting the fascists.

Maybe if you've read my posts you would see where I've stated that this is a fight against fascism inside Ukraine- not unlike the Spanish Civil War.

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join