It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Wasn't Osama Bin Laden charged with a crime?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: BloodBrother

Huh, this is a new angle.
Strange that you knew the tech that judy is claiming demolished the towers but yet she was not able to say that....
And if oil interest destroyed the tower then did they use the same very tech that they want gone?

edit on thWed, 30 Apr 2014 12:01:29 -0500America/Chicago420142980 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: semperfortis

In this exclusive clip, Jesse poses a question too few have been willing to ask: why wasn’t Osama Bin Laden indicted and charged with a crime if he was in fact responsible for the 9/11 attacks?

I think you will find it is speaking about the 9/11 attacks. I could be a fugitive on the run, I have been charged with murder or what ever and I go and commit another 5 murders. By your logic of this particular case, I should not be charged with the extra 5 murders because I was already charged in the past and a known wanted criminal.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: DarknStormy

Not my logic.. The law...

You do understand that you can be wanted and not charged?

Don't you?

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Um are you serious?

How do you indict or charge a man who is not in custody or is dead?
edit on 4/30/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Actually, I do see what your saying.. You cannot be officially charged until you are caught? So Bin Laden couldn't of been charged with anything prior to 9/11 either because he wasn't caught at that stage.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

You can indict with out having him in custody....
The indictment is what gives you the right to go get the guy.
That the is the fed government charging him with it.
You don't have to be in custody to get charged with something

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Yea you can be wanted for questioning.....

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I don't think that's how it works. You can issue a warrant, but you can't indict or charge. At least not here.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

I believe he also had the bounty on his head before 911.
So even tho it does seem convenient and the bounty
ridiculous. Semper brings light.

edit on Rpm43014v382014u13 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

The federal government can make a case and present it to a fed judge and jury and the issue the indictment.
Which like you said is a warrant to go grab the guy or have him sent to us if he is in another country.
But they are still formally charging him, well in the example anyway.

So that is what jesse is saying, if it was so open and shut that OBL was the head honcho then why was the process never done?
edit on thWed, 30 Apr 2014 12:50:06 -0500America/Chicago420140680 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
Show us the charge in regards to 911 please

That wasn't the question. The question was ... why wasn't he charged with a CRIME.

Usama bin Laden was charged in connection with the August 7, 1998, bombings of the U.S. Embassies in Nairobi, Kenya, and Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. He had hundreds of charges against him when he died. They were dropped upon his death.

ABC News - Hundreds of Charges Against UBL Dropped Upon His Death

Osama bin Laden is in the clear. Federal prosecutors have elected to drop hundreds of criminal charges against the al Qaeda leader and architect of the 9/11 terror attacks because he will be unable to appear in court to answer them.

Bin Laden was indicted back in 1998 in the Southern District of New York for his role in the al Qaeda attack on the U.S. embassies in Tanzania and Kenya, which killed more than 200 people, including a dozen Americans. Several superseding indictments in the same federal jurisdiction piled on more charges.

After reciting Bin Laden's multiple aliases and then listing the counts against him for ten pages, Lewin notes, "On or about May 1, 2011, while this case was still pending, defendant Usama Bin Laden was killed in Abbottabad, Pakistan, in the course of an operation conducted by the United States."

NY Times - Dismissal of All Charges upon UBL Death

The indictment detailed Al Qaeda’s history and Bin Laden’s role as its leader. It charged that his operatives had trained and assisted Somali tribesmen in an ambush in 1993 that killed 18 American soldiers in Mogadishu.

Later indictments charged a broad conspiracy that also included the bombings on Aug. 7, 1998, of two American Embassies in East Africa that killed 224 people and the deadly attack on the destroyer Cole in 2000.

Criminal Charges UBL

On March 16, 1998, Libya issued the first official Interpol arrest warrant against bin Laden and three other people. They were charged for killing Silvan Becker, agent of Germany's domestic intelligence service, the Federal Office for the Protection of the Constitution, in the Terrorism Department, and his wife Vera in Libya on March 10, 1994.[70][143] Bin Laden was still wanted by the Libyan government at the time of his death.[144][145] Osama bin Laden was first indicted by a grand jury of the United States on June 8, 1998 on a charges of "conspiracy to attack defense utilities of the United States" and prosecutors further charged that bin Laden was the head of the terrorist organization called al-Qaeda, and that he was a major financial backer of Islamic fighters worldwide.[146] On November 4, 1998, Osama bin Laden was indicted by a Federal Grand Jury in the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York, on charges of Murder of U.S. Nationals Outside the United States, Conspiracy to Murder U.S. Nationals Outside the United States, and Attacks on a Federal Facility Resulting in Death[147] for his alleged role in the 1998 United States embassy bombings in Kenya and Tanzania.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: OFFTHEGRID
Easy answer , ready ? there was never an intent to charge Bin Ladin.
Roshinaya - Skull and Bones - Eagles , can anyone still not understand the deep Bush Family connection with the Bin Ladin family ? Ladin - (L-ike A -D-uck I-n A N-oose - DC sniper style) what are the chances that such a deep and great friendship spanning decades have ended up with one member of the family being a president and the accused 911 mastermind have been from the other side, to me this relationship was never fully or seriously pursued in the MSM because they did not want to expose the full scope of the conspiracy.

Just my thoughts, oh and by the way the Roshinaya is based in Afghanistan, to be an emir also means to be have been initiated into the highest levels of this secret society as Bin Ladin was.

edit on 30-4-2014 by phinubian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

The federal government can make a case and present it to a fed judge and jury and the issue the indictment.
Which like you said is a warrant to go grab the guy or have him sent to us if he is in another country.
But they are still formally charging him, well in the example anyway.

So that is what jesse is saying, if it was so open and shut that OBL was the head honcho then why was the process never done?

Even if that is the case federally, why would they indict or charge a terrorist?

That would imply that they were/are following the same processes for terrorists as they would for the average American citizen committing the average non-terroristic crimes. And they're not.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Why Wasn't Osama Bin Laden charged with a crime?

This is the question, why wasn't he charged with the crime in connection with 911.
You said he was, and I asked you to show me.

So again, why did we not charge him in this open and shut case?
We have him on video saying he did it right??

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Well to me it shows that if I lead a crime from another country then I won't be charged for it...
And every person that commits a crime in the united states is subject to due process... well that was prior to the NDAA and Patriot act, so in that sense you are right
But our constitution calls for everyone to be put through the law in the same process...

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   

This is the question, why wasn't he charged with the crime in connection with 911.

Look at the top of your screen .... see that?
The title question ... why wasn't he charged with a crime? So I answered that.

You said he was, and I asked you to show me.

Yes ... and I did.

I can not find a complete list of what the charges against Bin Ladin were. They were dropped. The internet doesn't have all 10 pages of charges. At least, not that I can find.

The closest I could come was this ... it says criminal indictments that would be changed included the Sept 11 attacks.
CNN Charges

Other pending criminal indictments will probably be amended in coming weeks or months to remove bin Laden's name, including his self-admitted role as mastermind of the terrorist attacks on Washington and New York on September 11, 2001.

He was also the target of many official law suits which were filed in court.

A number of other civil lawsuits have been filed by surviving victims and family members of the 9/11 attacks, seeking to hold bin Laden and his terror network financially responsible for causing the worst terror attacks ever on U.S. soil. The disposition of those cases remains unclear.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80 Yeah. I know it calls for it. But not even some Americans are getting what's called for thanks to the Patriot Actrosity.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

So long story short is there is no record of the federal government charging OBL for the attacks that they knew he did in almost 2 hours and that he "admitted" too on camera..
Deal

Oh and watch the video and you will get a better understanding of the title, that is the point you know.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

With all due respect... are we going by the title on these things or are we going by the short video commentary pieces linked from the OPs, which give full context to what is being asked?

The video leaves no doubt, the crime of curiousity is 9/11...not the embassies or 1993 or the USS Cole. Just 9/11...and his last comment on the video, to kick start the thread chat, was most interesting IMO.

I'm not aware of where Bin Laden was ever formally charged with any offense related to 9/11? Of course, they had boxes of paper on him and charge sheets a plenty, I have no doubt. Had Bin Laden SOMEHOW been delivered alive (worst case for all concerned), they wouldn't have had to hunt for that list of charges in an American court.

Does anything exist where he WAS charged for 9/11 related crimes tho? Not..could be or would be or plans existing for it. Actually was charged, as would stand in an extradition hearing to get him out of a 3rd party nation..should that have happened?

That's what I've never seen. If anyone has an example, I'd love to stand corrected for this one, since Usama's charges or lack of...is a point to ponder in all this, IMO.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Semantics...

Ted Bundy was never charged with all the murders he ADMITTED to committing, yet I see no one arguing his guilt or innocence...

Whether or not OBL was charged with 911 or not is moot..

He was charged, found and resolved..

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join