It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas teen brings AK-47, two pistols to school.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: thisguyrighthere

originally posted by: WarminIndy
How does one even get an AK-47?

Are they traded at gun shows or in pawn shops? No, don't tell me, I wouldn't want people to read how and then go and try to buy them.

I just didn't know they were that easy to buy.

If you want a real AK-47 you're looking at the price of a new BMW and fingerprinting and registering. "Real" AK's

If you're 18 and have no record you can buy a semi auto rifle chambered in 7.62x39mm that looks like an AK for anywhere between $400 and $3,000 depending on quality.

I know the term "AK-47" conjures up ridiculous imagery of sandy battlefields (don't be that guy) and what not but what passes for an AK-47 is not any different than a Mini-30.

I had no idea.

One on that first link cost $54,000 + , I simply had no idea. The kid is 17, he probably knows how to get it out of his parents' gun cabinet anyway. 17 year-olds are fairly smart.

He should have just stuck to World of Warcraft or Halo.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

I know you can get any fully auto weapon from a 1% biker gang fairly easy and way cheaper than 20 or 30 grand. Which proves the point of the NRA, that you just cant stop the criminal element from obtaining weapons.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: V22tech

Believe it or not.....A special permit (which takes a clean background and quite a bit more than a phone check to prove), a $200 tax stamp and enough to require a new mortgage for most people...and either of these can be yours.

Both were on Gunbroker within the last year. They are both what they appear to be and are belt fed, heavy and light machine guns, respectively.

(For the detail oriented, that isn't a true Ma Deuce but a knock off brand of it. Still a functional machine gun tho.)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

I had a buddy when i was in the navy that had a Ma deuce and 3 fully auto AKs with plenty of ammo to go with them. Dont ask me how he could afford it but he had em. Im not going to lie, after firing the ma deuce i walked away with a funny gait.
edit on 30-4-2014 by V22tech because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join