It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi Arabia criticises Norway over human rights record

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: DarknStormy

The extremists exist because the Quran teaches them to be extremely violent.

But it's not even the extremists, it's really just the regular Muslims who are rapists.
edit on 1-5-2014 by np6888 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: np6888

The extremists exist because the Quran teaches them to be extremely violent.

But it's not even the extremists, it's really just the regular Muslims who are rapists.

It's pretty sad you say that because when you look at the statistics, America has the most accounts of rape in the world and that is around religion.

Rape in America is an epidemic

I can't find any recent statistics but only 20 years ago it was estimated a woman was raped every two minutes in America. So does that mean Democracy is teaching Americans to be sexual offenders also?

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   
why do Muslims want to live in western countries? and if they do choose to move and live in a western country, why do they want the Host country to change it's own western laws and societal norms to accommodate Islamic laws?.....this is where this argument fails. if Muslims don't want to live by those laws, and abide by the social norms of that country, then they should voluntarily leave, and if they don't, the government of the host country should deport them....this isn't rocket science.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Well it's not rocket science but maybe the same could be said for occupying forces and funding terrorists in the Middle East. How about you's leave and stop arming extremists who then go on to kill innocent people? You think the Muslims are bad in your country, how about we take a look at the human rights record being violated because of your countries armed forces and government.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   

LOL. western arms By that i hope you mean the majority of the RUSSIAN weapons Y A know AK and RPGs. its a very small percentage of US made weapons there. The power isnt out of the peoples hands in most arab countries look at all the uprisings. the people in the med change things when it suits them.

The muslim world deserves peace like everyone else,but not at the expense of anothers freedom. If its a choice between peace and freedom ill choose war all day long as long as I am free to do as i please.

Oh and about the rape staistics. You do know that th emajority of rape IS NOT REPORTED IN MUSLIM COUNTRIES DUE TO FEAR OF DEATH BY THEIR OWN FAMILY OR THE COMMUNITY.(empasized for clarity nothing more)
edit on 14000000ppam by yuppa because: fixing a isue

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

I can see the uprisings and your government are arming and funding the oppositions who are riddled with known extremists and criminals including criminals from Saudi Arabia. But in saying that also, Muslims are free to do as they please and if that includes attacking Westerners who want war, then I don't see an issue from both sides of the story. I just see it as two sets of murderers wiping each other out.

Well if you are speaking about all Muslims then maybe I should add every democratic countries statistics and blame everything on the USA, that would be fair wouldn't it?
edit on 1-5-2014 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Way to dodge the statement on the rape statistics and the weapons being mostly from russia. And really if you truly believed that its just murderers wiping each other out, before the US or westerners even showed up they were doing that to themselves. Point is they do not have the rights to change a nation to suit them when they leave the med.

edit on 14uppam by yuppa because: grammar

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   

They have just as much right as your country walking in and out of the Middle East slaughtering Muslims on and off for the past decade or so whether it's through invasion or funnelling money through Saudi Arabia's a/hole. I don't have any sympathy for you or your country, I really don't care what the Muslims do because as far as I'm concerned, you deserve everything you have dished out.

You should be grateful they are doing things in a peaceful manner and not blowing up cars and buildings inside your borders.
edit on 1-5-2014 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   

I'm not dodging anything, Your weapons killed Russian people back in the 80's when your government funded the people they are now fighting in Afghanistan. I say good on Russia.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   

LOL. youre so silly. The Middle east would not even be able to grow as it has without the advent of oil development in the region. Muslims have been killing muslims and others who were not like them for centuries. And I personally have not done anything to any muslims so once again you attack the wrong person. And obviously you do care what they do because you are defending all of their actions so far. ALthough I am right you are wrong and this is a good spot to just ignore you because when you resort to personal attack you have lost.Have fun arguing with yourself. HAhaha!

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Don´t forget to mention even there were 50 000 russian soldiers killed in afghanistan war in 80´s there were also 1,6 million civilian deaths and over 6 million war refugees.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

LOL. youre so silly. The Middle east would not even be able to grow as it has without the advent of oil development in the region. Muslims have been killing muslims and others who were not like them for centuries. And I personally have not done anything to any muslims so once again you attack the wrong person. And obviously you do care what they do because you are defending all of their actions so far. ALthough I am right you are wrong and this is a good spot to just ignore you because when you resort to personal attack you have lost.Have fun arguing with yourself. HAhaha!

What if I am a Muslim and I don't like people suggesting solutions which would equate to something Hitler would of tested on Jews? You are far from right, if anything you have childish tendancies.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka

Don´t forget to mention even there were 50 000 russian soldiers killed in afghanistan war in 80´s there were also 1,6 million civilian deaths and over 6 million war refugees.

Just another success in the eyes of Americans... Thanks for pointing that out.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Really.. all you seem to be upset is amount of russian soldiers who died in afghanistan but didn´t mention the damage what they did there among the civilians. Is Russian soldier more important than a civilan who dies in their hands ?

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka

Really.. all you seem to be upset is amount of russian soldiers who died in afghanistan but didn´t mention the damage what they did there among the civilians. Is Russian soldier more important than a civilan who dies in their hands ?

Of course not, civilians always get caught in the crossfires and that's why the USA shouldn't arm anyone whether it's in Afghanistan 34 years ago, Syria currently or anywhere else. The problem is the people who they promised the land are now the number one terrorist group in the world.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   

The thing about the U.S rape statistics is that they don't separate them by race or religion. In addition, if you're drunk, have sex and regret it afterwards, they'll qualify it as rape. Now I'm not saying that's right or wrong, but their definition of rape is much broader. Finally, the Muslims don't just rape women, they rape children as well.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Some information for you on rape and Saudi Arabia - which goes highly under reported -

Rape in Saudi Arabia

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Flyersfan, thanks, at least you brought up figures which define the statistics by country and not by religion. It is well known that if Muslims are raping and killing people, they are not true Muslims and the religion shouldn't be brought into question but the actions of certain individuals and groups should.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: np6888

Firstly your understanding of Islam is retarded.

2nd) Blaming an entire religion for the crimes of a few people is retarded, All Muslims are not criminals.

3rd) The Qu'ran doesn't teach Muslims to be extremely violent, it teaches that killing anyone should always be a last resort and even then if you have to it is still wrong and cannot be justified

4th) Compared to Christianity, Islam has a lot of respect for women, It honours both Male and Female but unless you can understand Arabic, you will never get the true meaning of the Qu'ran, where as in the Bible, women are told to shut up in Church and only ask questions when they are at home.

5th) The Qu'ran just like the Bible is mis-quoted on a regular basis especially from Western idiots.

6th) Nowhere in the Qu'ran does it mention that Paradise is supplied with 72 virgins, Paradise is Gardens with running streams.

7th) Just like Christians make up there own brand of Christianity, Corrupt Muslims make up there own brand of Islam and this includes Extremists, Rapists and especially the Royal families of Muslim countries who oppress the true followers whilst killing others in surrounding countries also.

What you have heard and what is the truth are completely different things.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
its case like this that disgust me, i's a tolerable person. sort of I'm nice to you if you're civil to me kind of guy but this is just idiocy at its finest. Saudi Arabia has numerous human rights violations. The main one I can find is if you blaspheme about the Quran it is the death penalty for you so there is no sense of freedom of speech and they are pushing their views on the rest of the world in the u.k it is hate crime if you ask a Muslim women to remove their burkah when they enter your shop or pub. but because Norway refuse to push the Muslim views on everybody they're not protecting their Muslim citizens. its cases like this that prove oligarchy is rife in the world Saudi Arabia can get away with anything because they have a lot of oil and sell it to America

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join