It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corporatization is The Enemy, What to Do?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
This thread isn't necessarily about income inequality, wealth redistribution or unequal pay... those are simply symptoms of the disease. In the past few weeks we've seen major players name the United States an Oligarchy. Most mainstream people agree but don't really understand the depth of the situation and blame one of the two major political party's. Some people know better but it's still an abstract concept or they think of it in economic terms only.

It's easy to say that corporations control the economy but how does that make the US an Oligarchy? It's easy to say, well it's because of lobbying but it's really so much more than that. Corporations are actually writing law, policy and buying court verdicts. Congresspersons, judges, Presidents, Governors, Mayors, State Legislators, Sheriffs and all manner of other elected and appointed government officials aren't Democrat, aren't Republican, aren't Independent, aren't Green, aren't Libertarian or any other... they are corporate (most). They aren't even ideological unless we want to consider Profit an ideology now (maybe we even should).

What to do?

Voting won't really help at least not currently, that doesn't mean you shouldn't it just means that we as Americans shouldn't expect to solve this problem by doing so. I think it can help to vote people in that will name this problem... they can help spread the message but they really won't be able to solve much. I would go as far to say that we should be seeking out candidates willing to name this problem regardless of the letter after their names. But those voices tend to get drowned out or they ultimately get seduced by money and the illusion of power.

Okay, what then?

It's time for a Constitutional Convention. We need a new Amendment that separates Big Business from politics, policy and law. There are groups and organizations out there working toward this, I'm not sure I can link them but you can try searching.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74 CANADA is a Crown Corporation . what to do .

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

It's time for a Constitutional Convention. We need a new Amendment that separates Big Business from politics, policy and law.

I agree, but how do you do that when the scales are already tipped? Have you seen how much oil and pharma money goes into candidates parties?

You will take the power from their cold dead hands im afraid.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Okay, what then?

It's time for a Constitutional Convention. We need a new Amendment that separates Big Business from politics, policy and law. There are groups and organizations out there working toward this, I'm not sure I can link them but you can try searching.

"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable."
-JFK

If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."
Thomas Jefferson.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it,

we need to stick to the values of our founding, and Flush the crooks out of office.

Intelligent informed Citizens, is whats needed.

As the Ignorant ill informed Citizens got us here.
edit on 29-4-2014 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: shaneslaughta

Well that's the reason for the thread. To figure that part out. In my opinion, I think the way to start is to find a group with that goal, find your State chapter or start one (write your own Amendment and lobby for it) and then start calling your State reps, tell them you want to know if they would propose calling for a Convention and that your vote for them is on the line. Document the steps you take, who you've talked to, if they've responded or plan to and if they're on board or not and post it on your social media, talk to your friends and family... put up flyers. My hope is that since mostly we'll be ignored by our State reps that we can build networks and organize rallies at State Houses.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: benrl

Admirable but I disagree. I think it's far too late to flush. Our government is no longer ours if it ever really was after Day 1. I think we need to outlaw the bond between Big Money and State.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Good idea. I'm gong to make a flyer and post it on my site and around town.

Thanks for the ideas.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: shaneslaughta

Awesome!

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

a reply to: benrl

Admirable but I disagree. I think it's far too late to flush. Our government is no longer ours if it ever really was after Day 1. I think we need to outlaw the bond between Big Money and State.

Then flush with force and great discrimination...

A Constitutional Convention is a bad, bad idea as it will simply open the door for modification of anything in the Bill of Rights which the leeches in DC find in opposition to their wants. You don't give more power to a group that has demonstrated a complete lack of deservedness for the power they already hold, you strip them of their power! We need a revolution, not a changed Constitution.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Yes it's a risk... sort of. We already have completely lost control over the government though and we're only about a few straws short of breaking the camel's back. What do you propose we do? Define your revolution.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Surely your not talking about the jerb creators...

Anyhow, the trend lately, especially by the scotus, is to empower corporations meddling in politics more than ever. How do you stop that?
Step 1 is for the people themselves to admit this is a bad thing..but currently we are divided on even something as simple as that....why? who knows...but we are.

Basically, what will need to happen is fair trade, a boycott of products and services manufactured in contries that have no workplace standardization practices (aka, slave labor countries), etc.

But it won't happen. The only confidence I have in our future is that I am confident things will progress to further income gap, to increase corporate sponsorship of government officials, and a further weakening of employee rights.
I have no clue where it will go, but until the people come together rationally and discuss actual problems verses distractions by party politics, then nothing will be solved...and people will simply not come together..because choosing a team and cheering for your mascot is far more important than discussing the real issues. People understand cheerleading, not law.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
If the past weeks have taught us anything, the solution is simple:

1.) Set up the CEO and board to say something, anything deemed politically incorrect.

2.) Record said statements secretly.

3.) Release recordings publically.

4.) Destroy them.

Wash, rinse, repeat. The public is so primed to unquestioningly accept this tactic that they will pull down anyone and everyone that dares to be caught in this position no matter what circumstances they are caught under. You can't lose.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Heres an amazing thought, once a company is sold and the ceo leaves his or her initial setup, why not just have a large board of directors in an odd number and vote on stuff?

Would that be as corrupt? [in regards to rigged voting and such]

Theres nothing wrong with corporations, they are people together making money. They have to play by certain publicly facing rules and abide certain internal rules. Yes they get bent some times, but most play fair. Want real behavioral corporation attitude change? Change the rules. Everyone's people last time i checked.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

I think most people realize that's a bad thing, but abstractly. If people need motivation to be able to say we have to do something about this... we keep talking. Ask them to name something they find oppressive or wrong and point out how the source of it was this corporation or that one.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

Yep, my husband is corporate and works for one that's been around since before WWI. They all have their own culture, but I have a window inside this one, and shenanigans are not tolerated. They wouldn't have lasted as long as they have playing fast and loose with the rules and with ethics. And I've seen that over the course of my husband's career.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Easy. You have to give up all your crap. I'm talking about your computer, your car, cellphone, hot water, paved roads, plastic... all the creature comforts that this corporate culture (which we demonize so) has made possible.

Are you willing to do that? If not, this entire conversation means nothing. None of this stuff is possible without the oppressive corporatist system we live under. We have to reject the product to hit them where it hurts. The product is industrialized mass culture.

We have to reject that first. Anything less is idle academics.
edit on 4/29/14 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Kali74

It also puzzles me how people can be more afraid of corporations who do not write law than they are of the government who does.

The government is every bit as large as any corporation and additionally has the power to compel you at the point of the gun. No corporation has that ability yet. You only perceive them to in that you see them as buying government.

I say the government is the crux of the problem before the corps are although there are no doubt corruption issues there, too. After all, GE doesn't pay a cent in domestic tax.

link   
a reply to: Biigs

No, there's nothing wrong with forming a corporation and making a profit. I'm not suggesting criminalizing corporations only the banning of their control of the State.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Absolutely, I will only play by the rules because i take pride in what i do and i want to keep doing it.

Even when i get offered a back hand-er to change suppliers, i always say no. You want my trade you offer me better deals than i get now I'm not interested in getting fired over some small potatoes and while wasting my budget.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

But corporations do write laws.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join