It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Sterling Banned for Life due to Racist Comments. I see a Conspiracy here.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I don't follow basketball, and I don't give a rat's behind if somebody wants to say something that is politically incorrect. However, by accident, I found this article from last year:

From the Los Angeles times:

Death of Scott Sterling, son of Clippers owner, ruled accidental

April 22, 2013|By Andrew Blankstein and Matt Stevens

Scott Sterling, son of Clippers owner Donald Sterling, was found dead in his apartment in January.

Scott Sterling, the 32-year-old son of Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling, died as a result of a pulmonary embolism and "narcotic medication intake" in what Los Angeles County coroner's officials classified as an accidental death, authorities said Monday.

Sterling was found dead in his apartment on Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu on New Year's night. Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department officials quickly determined his death did not involve foul play but appeared to involve some type of drug overdose.

The report showed that Sterling's diabetes and oxycodone were also contributing factors.

The report suggests that Sterling injected an "oral narcotic medication" that was intended to be taken orally.

Assistant Chief Coroner Ed Winter said the injection of medication may have led to blockages in his blood system that led to his death.

The Sterling family released a statement shortly after Scott Sterling's death saying he suffered from diabetes, but they did not elaborate on how it might have played into his death.

“Our son Scott has fought a long and valiant battle against Type 1 diabetes," said a statement released by the Sterling family. "His death is a terrible tragedy, the effects of which will be felt forever by our family and all those who knew and loved him. We sincerely appreciate the warm outpouring of sympathy and support from so many of our dear friends."

Scott Sterling kept a low profile despite being the son of one of the Southland's most famous real estate moguls. Few details about his personal life or employment were made public at the time of his death.

Sterling was arrested in 1999 in Beverly Hills in connection with the shooting of childhood friend Philip Scheid, but he was not charged in the case.

At the time of his death, Sterling was living in the Malibu Beach Villas complex on Pacific Coast Highway. The property is owned by the Donald T. Sterling Trust, according to property records. Units there are advertised as being "ultra luxurious."

articles.latimes.com...

Perhaps the death of his son made him in a very bitter old man. Or, perhaps, he's being set up or pushed to do something he doesn't want to. I find it odd that his conversation was recorded so clearly like that.

Things that make you go hmmmm.....

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: JiggyPotamus

We still have freedom of speech in the United States, therefore a person cannot have action taken against them for their statements. If others don't like it does not matter, as long as the law was not broken. Just because the NBA doesn't want to be associated with this person doesn't matter, both because the remarks were private, and he has a right to free speech.

That is a gross misinterpretation of freedom of speech. I often find myself agreeing with your posts, but the right to freedom of speech extends ONLY to allow you the freedom to speak out against your government without fear of incarceration for speaking out. That's it.

Private business can choose to react however it wants to another person's "free speech".

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Donald Sterling Banned for Life due to Racist Comments. I see a Conspiracy here.

I see a joke.

Silver cannot ban Sterling, because without Sterling, Silver isn't squat, if we are talking about "jew"rly that is.

They need media hype like this. It's laughable.

Silver Bans Sterling

Sports drama 2014. Begins.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

Yeah, they are trying to force him to sell the team.

I think he is in a Great position. Everyone wants him Out so he can name his price for the team. Say the team normally cost 5 million dollars, he could demand Triple that amount and hold out until he gets it - or the posers can shut the F up and go home.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join