It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Sterling Banned for Life due to Racist Comments. I see a Conspiracy here.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
This is a very tricky situation, because I find that the NBA (National Basketball Association) are overstepping here. Donald Sterling had private conversations released to the public where he made some very questionable/racist remarks. Well, the NBA investigated this matter and the commissioner just came down with the penalty for the owner.

He is to serve a lifetime ban from the team, where he can't be around them or any of their facilities

He is to pay a $2.5 million fine

The commissioner is also urging the owners to kick him out of the league (forcing a sale). They need 3/4th of the owners to agree (24 owners).

Now, I struggle with this greatly, because the owner had conversations recorded about him against his knowledge where he made racist comments. Now these comments are being used against him and he is facing a HUGE FALLOUT from this. From ex and current basketball players, to coaches, to TV personalities, to the President to Oprah, everyone has a few choice words for this man.

Now the conspiracy...

Magic Johnson and his ownership team recently purchased the LA Dodgers. Rumors were swirling around that this same ownership team wanted to get an NBA team too. Now this is where the conspiracy begins. Donald Sterling is a KNOWN racist, this has been known for a good 10-15 years now. The girlfriend of Donald Sterling is a money grubbing gold digger who called herself to the media (TMZ) his Sugar Baby. She is being sued by Donald Sterlind's ex-wife for $1.8 million dollars for the presents she received from Donald. Now in her financial struggles of being a gold digger Magic Johnson and his ownership team approach this girl with a plan.

The Plan-

To start the process of getting Donald Sterling on camera stating racist comments. The girlfriend for Donald Sterling would do things that Donald would not approve with, like sitting with African-Americans at basketball games and being seen with them in public or posting photos to Instragram and Facebook. Well, that's exactly what she did. She was seen with Magic Johnson at a recent Clippers game, took a picture for Instragram, the photo got back around to Donald and when they had a private conversation about it she had the recorder ready.

With the recordings handy, she took them to the press and began profiting off the story. The fallout happened swift and within 1 week this owner was set to receive a massive punishment. The punishment just came down a half hour ago and now we know the commissioner wants a sale of the team. And he said in the press conference he would be happy in Magic Johnson bought the team....

Can anyone else see a conspiracy here?

Magic and his ownership team want an NBA team... They find an easy target in aged/racist Donald Sterling... They hire a sugar baby who is a known gold digger to gather recordings... NBA forces Donald Sterling to sell team and Magic gets to swoop in and buy them...

ATS - I would love to hear your thoughts. I know sports aren't big on ATS, but this is a conspiracy and I would love to hear your take on it.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
There honestly could be some legs to this, but heres the one thing that makes me drag my feet on fully buying in:

She claims it was not her that released the recordings. Sterling regularly records conversations, because he has a hard time remembering what he says.

He is also now fighting to keep something like 100+ hours of unreleased recordings from getting out.

This sounds, to me, a lot more like the leak came from in his own house, than from her.

That said, I certainly wont be shocked if i find out magic had more to do with this than was let on.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537
Magic and his ownership team want an NBA team... They find an easy target in aged/racist Donald Sterling... They hire a sugar baby who is a known gold digger to gather recordings... NBA forces Donald Sterling to sell team and Magic gets to swoop in and buy them...

That's a feasible conspiracy. Follow the money.
Side note ... this should be on the main conspiracy forum IMHO

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: captaintyinknots

Yea, this just doesn't sit well with me. I don't think Donald Sterling is a good man at all, and that his thoughts are disgusting, but who am I to judge a man on his private conversations done away from the team and in his home... This story burned like a wild fire and it seemed to happened so very fast..

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Yea, I never know what forum to put these in, especially with it being sports related.

Mods- Feel free to move this to whichever forum you deem fit.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
This story stinks from all sides. Sterling is a well known scumbag. the mistress is a well known....shall we say, philanderer, who has gotten a lot of money from a lot of many under multiple aliases. Sterlings wife is suing the mistress. Magic just happens to want to buy the team when he also just happens to be one of the men in the pictures in question....

Im not sure there is a clean one among them (well, maybe sterlings wife)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
So much for due process. The evidence seems overwhelming but I think Silver acted hastily and arbitrarily. The conspiracy angle occurred to me as well. The new buyer is going to get a much better price on damaged goods than they would have paid otherwise.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
So much for due process. The evidence seems overwhelming but I think Silver acted hastily and arbitrarily. The conspiracy angle occurred to me as well. The new buyer is going to get a much better price on damaged goods than they would have paid otherwise.

I agree, you would think that they would have taken more time for such a big decision...

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

I agree, you would think that they would have taken more time for such a big decision...
They couldnt. You already had multiple teams protesting, as well as planned protests at the game tonight.

The longer they let it go, the worse it was going to get.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: captaintyinknots

They couldnt. You already had multiple teams protesting, as well as planned protests at the game tonight.

The longer they let it go, the worse it was going to get.

Well, I think a fine and suspension were likely coming, w/ a continuing investigation to see whether a lifetime ban would happen or not...

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I've been listening to this story on several channels.

The Clippers threatened to protest (boycott). The commissioner HAD to do something.

Sterling admitted to making the statements and since he regularly had his girlfriend record his conversations, I'm not so sure he was being recorded without his knowledge.

I don't see a conspiracy.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I still don't see her coaching him in the conversations. Have you listened the whole 15 min? It was him that kept the conversation going.

It seemed like a follow up conversation, at one point he says you told me you remove all of them last time.
Which she follows up with I did, except magic and matt kemp. Paraphrased of course

Also if this was the only recording then it would make more sense as a set up, but as stated above, there is much more that he has recorded of himself.

Or if it comes out that it was her idea in the first place for her to do the recording.
S&F either way, it is a good angel

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
I've been listening to this story on several channels.

The Clippers threatened to protest (boycott). The commissioner HAD to do something.

Sterling admitted to making the statements and since he regularly had his girlfriend record his conversations, I'm not so sure he was being recorded without his knowledge.

I don't see a conspiracy.

But why is he being kicked out of the NBA now? He is a known racist, none of this information was new... You act like Sterling wanted the private conversation to be released and wanted this... These private conversations were released without his knowledge. There was a ownership group in Magic who showed interest in buying a NBA team near the LA Dodgers. They see an easy target in Donald Sterling, they target him, he gets destroyed in the media and is now forced to sell. I do see a conspiracy...

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

a reply to: captaintyinknots

Yea, this just doesn't sit well with me. I don't think Donald Sterling is a good man at all, and that his thoughts are disgusting, but who am I to judge a man on his private conversations done away from the team and in his home... This story burned like a wild fire and it seemed to happened so very fast..

The PC Police saturated society, have effectively over ridden freedom of speech. No matter how abhorrent it was, he has the right to say what he wants in the privacy of his own home. I don't condone his attitude, but he has the constitutional right to say it.

I think the whole PC bandwagon, has taken on a life of it's own. Many people will jump on it, just to appear to be what they don't practice in real life.

This is the only input I have on this issue, as I don't follow basketball.

Des

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

He is not being charged with a crime. It has nothing to do with free speech. He can walk down the street tomorrow yelling the N word if he wants.

Just like this situation, though, I bet he wont like the outcome.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone
No matter how abhorrent it was, he has the right to say what he wants in the privacy of his own home. I don't condone his attitude, but he has the constitutional right to say it.

And he wasn't arrested for saying it, was he? So his right to free speech is intact.

Just as he has the right to say what he said, the NBA has the right to do what they did.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: captaintyinknots
There honestly could be some legs to this, but heres the one thing that makes me drag my feet on fully buying in:

She claims it was not her that released the recordings. Sterling regularly records conversations, because he has a hard time remembering what he says.

He is also now fighting to keep something like 100+ hours of unreleased recordings from getting out.

This sounds, to me, a lot more like the leak came from in his own house, than from her.

That said, I certainly wont be shocked if i find out magic had more to do with this than was let on.

I think the OP is probably very close to the truth. Of course the gold digging girlfriend denied it - when you conspire to achieve a certain goal, you do not want to be found out, especially when you're getting paid.

edit on 29-4-2014 by ScientiaFortisDefendit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I think it's amazing that Donald Sterling can, in the same freakin' conversation, recognize the horror of the holocaust but is lacking in the empathy to connect the dots and come to the conclusion that racism is bad. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, he's obviously a master of compartmentalization to be able to have a half-black girlfriend that he takes to the games of his NBA team and then tell her not to be seen with black people in public.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Sometimes a rock on mars is just a rock.

www.cnn.com...

This guy has a history of violating civil rights.

He's been to court a few times for discrimination. Could there be a conspiracy? I don't know.
However this could just be the case where he said what he said and now it's in the court of public opinion.
He's out.

Excommunicated.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

Wow...And I just thought this guy was jealous because his girlfriend was boning black bucks. Thanks for the insight OP.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join