It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clippers Owner Banned for Life

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: totallackey
a reply to: amazing

Or do you think all black people are thugs?

It appears you think just as Sir Charles..."This is a black league."

I disagree with Charles. On a lot of things.

And where did I say thugs were strictly black?

What do you mean by thug league then? And no, I don't agree with Sir Charles. lol

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: combatmaster

Feeling that one is better than another is generally my bar of whether someone is racist , in most instances you can quickly arrive at in conversation whether the person is expressing a racist view or simply expressing from a historically oppressed standpoint of why one feels wronged or even pointing out who he feels is the basis for having perpetrated some wrongdoing towards them in the first place.

This is usually turned around cleverly to say the complainer is racist which is one of the most weak tactics someone is quickly going to invoke or say someone is playing a race card, usually the latter is not attempting to convey superior or inferior views that in itself is not racist, incorrectly classifying someone who speaks out on either being discriminated against or vocal on who they perceive as discriminating against them or receiving unequal privilege compared to them should not be deemed racist, that not so clever tactic needs to be called out also , it is the same thing done to women when they speak out on sexual harassment, they are sometimes made out to look like they caused it or are the problem.

In other words what you are attempting to sell, I am not buying and neither will the informed or educated who have had to hear that kind of nonsense being spun to make them appear racist, when they do not feel superior or want to make anyone feel inferior.

edit on 29-4-2014 by phinubian because: spelling

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: KawRider9

As a representative of the NBA he has limitations on his speech and is obligated to behave in a certain way that doesn’t offend millions of customers based on the fact that the NBA is about making money.

I was conflicted over the fact that it was a private conversation therefore he shouldn’t have been fined as a punishment. I mean he didn’t do any one any damage such as hurl a racial slur at anyone. If he would have made a racial slur at someone personally then he should be punished I figured UNTIL I realized he actually did do a PERSONAL RACIST SLIGHT TO SOMEONE by telling this half black woman to not bring black people to any games. Even though this was his “girlfriend” he still has an obligation to be civil to all people regarding racial justice since he represents a public organization that does billions of dollars of business with black athletes in America.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
All I can say is imagine if the tables were turned, if this was a black man spouting out about white people. Not a damn thing would happen to him. And thats the truth. Not to mention how many cities would be on fire by now. Ehh just another reason why I don't watch nba , never really got into basketball...

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
First off,
I want to state that I do not share or condone any of Sterling's viewpoints expressed in the audio clip on the TMZ website or anywhere else.
Having said that.

I just listened to the full audio from TMZ.. 9 minutes 26 seconds of a hour long recording made by his Mistress without Sterling's knowledge.
I actually feel sorry for the Clippers owner.
From what it sounds like, Donald Sterling was clearly engaged in a private conversation about how his Mistress/Girlfriend's internet persona made him feel in the context of their relationship. Right or wrong that is how the old man felt.
I hope the NBA Commissioner's decision gets litigated in a court of law and overturned. It would have been a just response by the NBA Commissioner if he made these comments or similar ones in a public or professional setting.
I think Donald Sterling's freedom of speech/privacy has been violated by the Media and the NBA. This is a public witch hunt initiated by the release of part of a secret recording made for possibly nefarious reasons, over a private matter.

edit on 29-4-2014 by DenyFlatulence because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
People are still trying to find something that isn't here with this issue.

Has anyone who is talking about freedom of speech actually listened to what Donald Sterling said?

He says "they're the enemy" when talking about black players his girlfriend took photos with.

How did you honestly think this was going to end?

He's a racist and good riddance to him.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: DenyFlatulence
I think Donald Sterling's freedom of speech/privacy has been violated by the Media and the NBA. This is a public witch hunt initiated by the release of part of a secret recording made for possibly nefarious reasons, over a private matter.

Definition of Freedom of Speech:

freedom of speech
noun
the right of people to express their opinions publicly without governmental interference, subject to the laws against libel, incitement to violence or rebellion, etc.
Also called free speech.

dictionary.reference.com...

Can you show me where the government has interfered here? If not, then his Freedom of Speech has NOT been violated.
edit on 29-4-2014 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
This penalty was excessive. He expressed an opinion in private. It is irrelevant to the bigger world; no one's business.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Restricted
This penalty was excessive. He expressed an opinion in private. It is irrelevant to the bigger world; no one's business.

I'd hardly describe calling black people "the enemy" when you own a basketball team in a league where 78% of the players are black is irrelevant.

I do think we're all getting too caught up in the issue though. The penalty has been served, now lets move on from this ugly incident.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: Auricom
Secondly, this was a private phone call SHE recorded.

Not that it makes any difference, but it wasn't a phone call. Listen to the extended recording. She gets him some juice.
deadspin.com...

now that's interesting

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ArtemisE

Ummmm...honestly...I really don't give a rats butt. There are other things going on that will affect all our lives...this isn't one of those situations.

I know I'll probably get the, "Why'd you bother responding if you don't care?" Because I care that this is a HUGE distraction to the real problems we all face as a human race.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Capitalsource

People do things for money everywhere. So he's a racist. Big deal. They're a dime a dozen. He just worked hard at being two-faced. There are Janus' everywhere.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
WP
edit on 29-4-2014 by TheRegal because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: captaintyinknots

originally posted by: Robert Reynolds
Just imagine if everyone that heard this conversation, just laughed, called him an idiot and then moved on and got on with their lives.

Just imagine!
Just imagine....he'd get to go on making millions off of people he was trying to keep down....just imagine!

"keep down?"

what's the ave salary on the clippers team?
is it lower than other teams?

anyone bother to ask any of the team what they think of sterling?
do they even know him? have they been abused?

i think the commission is way out of line.
let everyone quit on him if they want.

it's not a crime to say stupid stuff.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: raedar
a reply to: captaintyinknots

He made the statements in private! I don't care about this creep, but it does seem like Nanny State on steroids!

Peace

He knew he was being recorded and he also knew those comments violated the NBA's constitution. So there is no nanny state crap going on because the feds are not involved this a matter the NBA's commissioner will solve. This should have been done years ago because Sterling is a well known racist.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

His private conversation was made public by the Media. Making it a freedom of speech issue.
If that doesn't work for you, Let's call it freedom of thought.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Can you post a source where it says he knew he was being recorded?
I was unable to find one..

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Leonidas

The answer to both a free speech issue and the ACLU getting involved is, only if he were being criminally charged. He's not.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

This was the right thing to do but was illegally obtained.
You just can't record someone off the record and then use it to destroy someone.
The person who recorded this without his permission should be in prison.
Yeah the guy is a ignorant backward racist like all racists.
Sterling is a democrat for the record.

This race psyop was well executed. I knew that the nwo eugenicist whitehouse would use this to get people emotionally incited again.
edit on 29-4-2014 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: John_Rodger_Cornman

This was the right thing to do but was illegally obtained.
You just can't record someone off the record and then use it to destroy someone.
The person who recorded this without his permission should be in prison.

Sterling is a democrat for the record.

Not illegally obtained.
Not a democrat and why would that matter anyway?
edit on 4/29/2014 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join