It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clippers Owner Banned for Life

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I think the NCAACP would love to take a bunch of money from anyone that they could turn a blind eye to IMO. I doubt everyone working there has the same agenda.
The NBA turned a blind eye as well to them and had plausible deniability because of our totally unbroken justice system.

And to what kaylaluv said

If someone is part of a private organization, and that someone says or does something that is against the rules or ideology of that private organization, it doesn't matter if it was private or not - if it gets out into the public, then the organization has every right to kick the person out. Period.

Think that is dead on and that silver expressed that when he was asked a similar question after the conference.
Said something to the nature of "Even if what was said was initially said in private, it is now public and still reflects his views"

Unless it is fruit of the poisonous tree, acquired illegally, which it seems far from, then it is far game IMO

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Just imagine if everyone that heard this conversation, just laughed, called him an idiot and then moved on and got on with their lives.

Just imagine!

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Just imagain if he has actually committed a crime.....

There is no free speech in America anymore.

This would have been handled better by the fans/people IMO.
edit on 4/29/2014 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: captaintyinknots

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: KawRider9

He knew he was being recorded.......

And you know this how? I'll believe he consented to being recorded when he or his lawyer says it or his live in prostitute produces a recording of him giving her permission.
Well, mostly because he openly admits it.

But hey, why let facts get in the way?

Link to him openly admitting it please. I clearly stated I would believe it when he or his lawyer admit it.

link   

originally posted by: Robert Reynolds
Just imagine if everyone that heard this conversation, just laughed, called him an idiot and then moved on and got on with their lives.

Just imagine!
Just imagine....he'd get to go on making millions off of people he was trying to keep down....just imagine!

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

The racist things in his past arent "alleged". They are fact. Admitted to and paid for.

The NAACP lifetime achievement award is a fact as well.
And it contradicts the previous alleged racist behavior.

If you want to just stick to what the NBA is dealing with ... then you have to stop bringing up previous behavior. It's not part of the NBA 'banned for life' discussion and is 'irrelevant' (to quote you).

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TheOneElectric
BRAVO for your evenly toned statements, they are all true, a lot of people run to defend causes that in a lot of instances they already know they are indefensible, but everyone is entitled to make their argument, that's what I like and we don't even have to resort to name calling that is why I like ATS for the most part, you speak your mind if you get too much into it, close your browser and walk away come back later and find a more refreshing thread.

link   

edit on 29-4-2014 by captaintyinknots because: double

link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

bhcourier.com...

He admitted it to the NBA.

link   

I think the NCAACP would love to take a bunch of money from anyone that they could turn a blind eye to IMO. I doubt everyone working there has the same agenda.

I'm starting to think that could be true. But now that I said that, someone will come along and say I"m dis'n the NAACP and therefore I must be raaaaaaacist! betchya.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: captaintyinknots

My argument is because the NBA is an American organization they should respect the 1st Amendment. Let the fans boycott the Clippers, let the players walk out.

This has nothing to do with the players. It has everything to do with outraged, misinformed fans who threaten to boycott the NBA. The fans are the revenue stream.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

The racist things in his past arent "alleged". They are fact. Admitted to and paid for.

The NAACP lifetime achievement award is a fact as well.
And it contradicts the previous alleged racist behavior.

If you want to just stick to what the NBA is dealing with ... then you have to stop bringing up previous behavior. It's not part of the NBA 'banned for life' discussion and is 'irrelevant' (to quote you).

Youre still using the term "alleged" in an attempt to distort the truth.

In other words, youre still trolling.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Appearently all the nba "insiders" say he was a known racist that paid off the NAACP to attempt to improve his image

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod

My argument is because the NBA is an American organization they should respect the 1st Amendment. Let the fans boycott the Clippers, let the players walk out.

This has nothing to do with the players. It has everything to do with outraged, misinformed fans who threaten to boycott the NBA. The fans are the revenue stream.
Again, youre wrong. The league moved like they did SPECIFICALLY because of boycott threats from the players.

And, again, I dont see him being charged with a crime, so it seems his first amendment rights are perfectly in tact.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: phinubian
a reply to: jrod
Boycott a boss who doesn't want to really be closely associated with blacks ? but making millions of dollars off of them and their fans who probably if they found out he thought that way would have quit and bankrupted his operations anyhow and caused great harm to the NBA brand and their fanbase, come on , you need to think a little about what you are saying because it makes no sense.

This was not a minor story, the implications are very serious.

There is no room for closet or two-faced racists in America in power positions, it's just bad for everyone on both sides, especially the kids.

Had a Black owner made 'racist' comments about white people it would be a non-story.

People like you who think this is a big deal fuel racism. People who can let stuff like this go are actually fighting racism.

link   
a reply to: TheOneElectric

It's easy for people to miss that it a a contract issue. A contract an owner makes with the NBA.

link   

...he'd get to go on making millions off of people he was trying to keep down...

How'd he keep the basketball players down?

Clippers Salaries

The only player making less than a million $$ in his contract is Hedo Turkoglu.
And he's Turkish ... not black.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Was it racist because he used the word black? I'm still trying to verify that this was, in fact, racist and not jealousy toward pro NBA players. So, is the word black now racist? I feel like there should have been some sort of deep investigation or hearing or something.

All these things are possible: Witch hunt. They wanted this man's team. Girlfriend was probably in on it.

No one here is defending racism. Racial slurs and derogatory statements were not expressed in the recordings unless it is derogatory and racist to use the word black. The debate is how this was handled.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

It is not a crime to be racist. I never said anything about him committing a crime.

To me this is an attack on free speech and the race angle is nothing but a rabble rouser.

edit on 29-4-2014 by jrod because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   

a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Um the fact that it hasn't come out yet that it was illegally done speaks volume to me. Seems to be common knowledge that he had all his conversations recorded as he forgot easily.
I think that was part of the investigation before the NBA dealt out the worst penalty in history of the NBA. Just a thought tho.
Care to prove it was done without his permission?

Are you serious? Prove he did not give permission? Look up negative proof fallacy.

Common knowledge? Who even knew of this fool before this scandal entered the mainstream a few days ago?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join