It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clippers Owner Banned for Life

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: 200Plus
a reply to: captaintyinknots

Can they make him sell at a price Magic can afford though?

Magic has a group of investors. They just paid a billion for the Dodgers. As I understand it, money is no obstacle for them.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ArtemisE

Why stop at just banning him from the NBA? Let's empty his bank accounts and give his house(s) away and make him wear a sign the rest of his homeless life. Seriously, this is ludicrous.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

I totally agree.

And the part where he said people would call him and he'd have to answer to them. That smells fishy.

Not SAYING he was set up, but hmmmm.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
He had his hobby taken away, nothing more. I don't think he's going to suffer much.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: captaintyinknots
a reply to: FlyersFan

Youre still omitting the absolute fact that this is about a PATTERN of behavior, not this single incident.

The current action was based on this one event, per the NBA comm.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

He bought the team for what...12 million? He's going to sell it for, what, $650 million? I think he'll be okay too.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

The comments by Shaq and Barkley before his ignorant black league statement, will probably help you, if I go on a job interview and that person is presenting themselves as though they have no bias to me, but, underneath there is a two-faced individual , this has nothing to do with the Nanny State, if you are in a position of great power and you reveal that side of you, or it gets out you think like that you need to go because you have the power to affect other people's livelihood because of your hidden prejudice or feelings you may actually invoke this prejudice in making a decision based on hiring, firing and even salary.

This is what one of the big problems in America is right now, gatekeepers, managers and bosses that are two-faced, a lot of closet d frankly if you do not have powers to hire and fire your point might be right, but in this case we are talking about an owner of an NBA teamracists or even people that have that one iota of bias that will bend their view of someone even slightly and sadly sometimes these people do not even realize that is wrong, that in a nutshell whether caught or uncovered accidentally or on tape, is racist, an where millions of dollars are invested.

And the other thing is young kids that see this kind of nonsense and hear it, what do you think that they might feel about themselves at such a young age? if you can have people that have these views go unpunished and continue to hold those views as though that is quite alright.
edit on 29-4-2014 by phinubian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

Youre still omitting the absolute fact that this is about a PATTERN of behavior, not this single incident.

The current action was based on this one event, per the NBA comm.
Legally, he had to say that, as setting the precedent that they could retroactively act against something during the previous commissioners term would not fly.

Make no mistake-this ABSOLUTELY has to do with his entire history.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Chill out please. Yes I learned about this. His girlfriend gave her recordings to TMZ. She told TMZ he knew he was being recorded. Basically what I already said, but.....

Why should he have to fight to keep his private recordings....uhhhhh, private? Please, enlighten me.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: raedar

Naw, I dont need to chill out. Im quite calm. Thanks though.

Define private recordings? If he is consenting to be recorded, and knows that multiple peple will hear said recordings, do they count as private?

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

If he had such a bad pattern of behavior, then why was he scheduled to receive a lifetime achievement award from the NAACP this weekend? And why was race baiter Al Sharpton also going to the ceremony. And why did the dude donate time and money to racial equality causes?

There has been questions about his behavior in the past. The guy is a bigot for sure, but the NAACP didn't have a problem with him and, until these private conversations came out, they were even going to give him a lifetime achievement award.

He is supposed to be allowed private conversations.

I predict this will give many others ideas about how to take over companies and business'. Expose private conversations and then scream about how evil they are and how the person has 'got to go'. Evil or not ... (and the statements in question are absolutely not good ones) ... people have a should have a right to express themselves in a private conversation about controversial issues - even if their opinions are very very sucky.

Side note - Lesson for the guys .... the fluffy-bunni much younger trophy mistress's aren't the best idea.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Isn't barring white purchasers racist? I thought racism was what this whole situation was meant to be about.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

I get it, all you guys have to cling to on this is the NAACP. But it still has nothing to do with this. What the NAACP does has nothing to do with the NBA, and vice versa.

So please, stop trying to drag it into the conversation.

If someone consents do being recorded, its hardly a private conversation anymore.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111

Isn't barring white purchasers racist? I thought racism was what this whole situation was meant to be about.

They wont bar white purchasers, magic's group will just, somehow, come up with the best offer. On top of that, all they have to do is point to the fact that there are no black majority owners in the NBA and any questions about whether its racist or not.

Right or wrong, thats the way it is.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

If he is consenting to be recorded, and knows that multiple peple will hear said recordings, do they count as private?

What makes you think that he knows multiple people will hear the recordings?
What makes you think that he assumed they'd be made public?

He was having a private conversation between himself and fluffi-bunny.
She was clearly egging him on in the conversation.
He clearly wasn't bright enough to see what she was doing.
And it was ignorant of him to agree to be recorded (assuming that he did agree to it).
His bigotry came shining through .. exactly as she was trying to get at.
I'm more than sure she was seeing $$$ signs dancing in front of her as he was spewing.

Stupid rich bigotted old man. Scummy but smart fluffy-bunni mistress.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
The dude is an oinker for sure, but he has a right to say what he wants in private conversations.

Absolutely. And the players and the Commissioner and the NBA have the right to respond...

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Do you have any proof he gave consent to being recorded? All I can find is what she said and "he said, she said" makes my BS meter go up.

I'm not saying he did'nt, would just like some proof.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
He obviously was very skillful at hiding his true self like many closet racists, also when he lost the lawsuit to Elgin Baylor that claimed he ran a plantation style operation, that probably gave him some more benefit of the doubt, but we learned from that conversation, what his true feelings were, I actually think that the gesture of giving him an award should show you that they are forgiving and actually were willing to believe the masquerade.

I don't see their endorsement minimizing his actions in any way.

To be honest that recording seemed like, they have had this conversation before, and really he was trying very hard to not only deal with her questions, he was trying not to say what he really thought but he could not control himself so the real Silverman was brought out for all to hear.

edit on 29-4-2014 by phinubian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
So now being an a$$hole is grounds for stripping you of your assets. Is this not a free speech issue? Ironically, I could see the ACLU getting involved in Sterling's defense.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Right or wrong? That sounds a whole lot like racially-motivated revenge/reparations to me. I guess that's the game we're playing. Another one of those "reverse" racism things, eh?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join