It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clippers Owner Banned for Life

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: mindseye1609
marc cuban is sweating bullets right now lol. i bet he's gonna hire a whole new security detail to just check for recording devices!

this is outrageous. this looks like some kind of social weapon to me. bait someone into saying it and BAM. its not hard to get most people to get on a racist topic or 2 and if you take it out of context then you got yourself a nice little weapon against that person.

its all just so over the top to me so I'm grasping at straws here to find an explanation, but are we trying to set a precedent for people being severely punished for racist remarks?
Bait people? Sterling is fighting right now to keep 100+ hours of additional comments from being released.

100+ hours of baiting?

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Warning: mild cursing ahead. avert ye eyes those of thin skin:

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: captaintyinknots

So, what specifically did he do wrong, aside from speaking his mind? He offended the nanny state. He's being banned for not holding/expressing the accepted view. What clause did he offend? I just don't see it.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: KawRider9

He knew he was being recorded.......

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
He needs to make a good faith effort and put the team on the market for a cool 7 billion.

Let his haters pool their money and buy him out.

I am sure Sir Charles has that laying around right? Mr. "its a black league" can put up or shut up.

He can laugh all the way to the bank.

He committed the ultimate sin of letting his guard down. Never trust digger man, you should have known that from the jump

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: raedar

So, what specifically did he do wrong, aside from speaking his mind? He offended the nanny state. He's being banned for not holding/expressing the accepted view. What clause did he offend? I just don't see it.

He offended the its a private company and they told you to start walking because your a jerk clause.

Welcome to consequences (finally) for your actions. now he can go speak his mind in the streets

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: raedar

No, he offended and disparaged 80% of the players in the league from which he makes a LOT of money.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Lol that is a great simple and stupid explanation.

I'll have to remember that next time I am on the other side of this debate lol

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
This topic really has shown a lot of people's true colors...

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Thanks for clearing that up. The peice I read said he did'nt know.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
Can't have a racist running a team in the NBA.

Obvious is obvious.

~Tenth

It is obvious....

Anybody else would get to go to sensitivity training.

Or some kind of Rehab.

Just seems like an emotional response that will end in a long court battle.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

He committed the ultimate sin of letting his guard down. Never trust digger man, you should have known that from the jump

Nail on the head of the nail right there!!
Why would you let your mistress record what you are saying at all times.... no wonder she embezzled 1.8 million, she has him by the balls

link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: SaturnFX

Lol that is a great simple and stupid explanation.

I'll have to remember that next time I am on the other side of this debate lol

Feel free.
its a private organization, anyone going on a racist tyrade should be removed fairly quickly....free speech is awesome, so are consequences for being an ass.

link   

Lets not pretend those players (millionaires) are playing for love of the game.

The guy is an $^%# for saying what he did but he is paying the bills for his girl. He should be allowed to make her rules. He is renting her. Let's not pretend that's not true either.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Owners will vote for him to sell otherwise they will appear to be defending his remarks. Way too much money at stake for a bunch of rich guys to lose otherwise.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

If there wasnt a LONG history from this man of this type of thing (and far worse), it would have ended in a short suspension, some fines, and some counseling.

This has been going on for a LONG time, though. The old commissioner swept it under the rug. Props to this one for dealing with it (even though i will say I still havent decided if I agree with a lifetime ban)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: captaintyinknots
This topic really has shown a lot of people's true colors...

Not one person defended what he said.

Some just see this as a free speech issue.

It just seems like an overreaction to an 80 year olds ramblings.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   

He made the statements in private! I don't care about this creep, but it does seem like Nanny State on steroids!

Peace

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: 200Plus

Lets not pretend those players (millionaires) are playing for love of the game.

The guy is an $^%# for saying what he did but he is paying the bills for his girl. He should be allowed to make her rules. He is renting her. Let's not pretend that's not true either.

A fine example of the disgusting part of this conversation that is not being talked about...the absolutely disgraceful attitude he shows toward women...

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   

lol 100+ hours is alot of batin... *insert chafing joke here*

but ya 100+ hours is alot more then a few remarks thats for sure. i suppose when it all comes to light we can dig through it then and see what the deal is but people have been acting like this and speaking like this for many many moons without repercussions like this, just seems new ya know?

like since when has someone in a position of wealth and power EVER had to be accountable for their remarks and actions?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join