It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You Remember S.T.A.L.K.E.R You May Be Interested in This.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl was released 7 years ago and was great , it was full of bugs and ferociously hard but it was an adventuring shooter like no other , it had the Zone ! . now it's back and free.

I'm sure there must be others here that remember the thrill of exploring the Zone and the absolute terror of meeting this guy...

Well Stalker if you do the Zone is calling , a team of modders started to mod the game in 08 to restore the parts that were cut from the game back in 07 but with the collapse of game developer GSC Game World the team decided to expand the project to fix the original and add new stuff ....a complete reworking....

We started to develop Lost Alpha in the summer of 2008. The project first started out as a modification to add back the cut levels which all Stalker fans knew of. After a while, it became more than just a modification, it became our dream game, how we saw S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
We hope to give you the same feeling when you first played S.T.A.L.K.E.R. A new chapter with familiar elements without which S.T.A.L.K.E.R. would not be the game we all grew to love. Lost Alpha was a labour of love. We are passionate about it and we hope you all will enjoy it as much as we enjoyed creating it!

So if you're a veteran Stalker or new to the Zone S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Lost Alpha has now been released and is FREE for your enjoyment , you can pick it up from Here or at you favorite BT site.

System reqs
┊ Operating System : Microsoft Windows XP (SP3), Vista (SP2), 7 (SP1), 8
┊ Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo or equivalent AMD processor with a clock speed of 2 GHz
┊ RAM: 2 GB
┊ Video Card : Nvidia Geforce 9800 or AMD Radeon HD 3800 with support for Shader Model 3.0 and 256 MB VRAM
┊ Sound Card : DirectX- compatible ;
┊ Hard disk space : 20 GB.

edit on 29-4-2014 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
So, by its nature (a mod)

I believe it would be okay to give this tip, easier to download it by Torrent from a Torrent site...

As its one file, as opposed to the throttled download.

I look forward to trying it out as I loved the game.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: benrl

So, by its nature (a mod)

It started it's life as a mod yes but they're calling it a standalone mod as you don't need the original game to play

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Awesome news.. thanks.

I'm playing through Priboi story now so I know I'll like this.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Shame they dont have an android version .. played the original and 2nd java versions ..

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
You may also like the Misery mod for Stalker: Call of Pripyat.

www.moddb.com...

or

www.miserymod.com...

But be warned that the system requirements are high.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I wanted to play this game badly back in the day, but my poor pentium 3 couldn't handle it. lol.

Gonna give it a shot, hopefully it'll work. Cheers

*edit/update well I click the link for the first of four downloads and get some long thirty second video ad, then when that's done there's another 30 second ad, rinse and repeat. No Stalker for me :/

Why can't "click for download" just work anymore? Why do they have to, no mattter what, make us jump through hoops until its too frustrating to continue?

grrrrr!
edit on 30-4-2014 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 03:00 AM
link   
a reply to: canucks555

Here's an alternative download source for you , if you hit the download now button on the top left you will need to torrent client like Bitcomet or uTorrent installed or you can download through your browser using the " download through your browser with BitLet" option.
gameupdates.org...

I've started the game and so far no problems, the start of the game is different to the original and the whole area has had a redesign , so far it's good to be back in the Zone

If you're running a 32 bit operating system(like me) follow these instructions if the game won't start...
Anyone who uses 32bit operating system should remove the msvcp120.dll, msvcp120d.dll and msvcr120.dll from the game's bins directory. That will solve many problems. Also before game start, you can delete the user.ltx too and let the game create a new one based on your system specs.

Happy stalking

edit on 1-5-2014 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Thank you Tex, coming down the pipe now at 4 mb/sec.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 03:02 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Just because STALKER was such an awesome game....have to share this video.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
hah can you believe it? Runs chunky on my Toshiba laptop. (turned all the graphics settings down as well.

-Thought computers got more powerful as time went on!

Maybe it's a driver issue..

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Free? It's a mod that requires the full game to play. So, you either need to have bought the game, or pirated it.

Gonna download it and try it out later.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: wildespace

Free? It's a mod that requires the full game to play.

It's standalone nothing else needed.

top topics

join