It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Wars 7 Cast Revealed - to include a stuck up, half-witted, scruffy-looking Nerf herder.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
And so the cast is announced:
John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, and Max von Sydow will join the original stars of the saga, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, and Kenny Baker

That actually is an impressive cast...very impressive I must say.
Von Sydow! awesome.
And Gollum! (well, greenscreen actor of anyhow..wonder if he will be human)
One of many sources

Now, there is considered a problem. Disney is making it.
I however disagree with this concern. Disney (regardless of your distaste for the giant rat) makes good shows for whatever it is targeting.
Remember these Disney gems:
Pirates/Caribbean
Toy Story
Old Yeller
National Treasure
Narnia stuff

Star Wars was always the PG audience. a bit kiddish, with adult overtones, and Disney excels at that general area.
They are giving Harrison Ford a big part, bowing bigtime to the original theme, and ultimately I think making some good decisions already.
Cautious optimism..I just hope they use cameras to tell the story moreso than droning dialog.

Big empire ship pelting and bullying a tiny ship...this tells a story that 20 lines can't about a out of control oppressive regime in uber overcompensation mode to clamp down on any dissent.

READ:
For more info on the plot, check this ATS thread out written a few days back
Set 30 years in the future
edit on 29-4-2014 by SaturnFX because: added props

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
The only decent Disney movies you listed, were old yella and Toy story imo.

I'm still not convinced Disney should be doing these films, only time will tell I guess.
Thanks for sharing.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpenEars123
The only decent Disney movies you listed, were old yella and Toy story imo.

I'm still not convinced Disney should be doing these films, only time will tell I guess.
Thanks for sharing.

I think they just need to mix up some of their skills and they got a winner

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
And so the cast is announced:
John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, and Max von Sydow will join the original stars of the saga, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, and Kenny Baker

That actually is an impressive cast...very impressive I must say.
Von Sydow! awesome.
And Gollum! (well, greenscreen actor of anyhow..wonder if he will be human)
One of many sources

Now, there is considered a problem. Disney is making it.
I however disagree with this concern. Disney (regardless of your distaste for the giant rat) makes good shows for whatever it is targeting.
Remember these Disney gems:
Pirates/Caribbean
Toy Story
Old Yeller
National Treasure
Narnia stuff

Star Wars was always the PG audience. a bit kiddish, with adult overtones, and Disney excels at that general area.
They are giving Harrison Ford a big part, bowing bigtime to the original theme, and ultimately I think making some good decisions already.
Cautious optimism..I just hope they use cameras to tell the story moreso than droning dialog.

Big empire ship pelting and bullying a tiny ship...this tells a story that 20 lines can't about a out of control oppressive regime in uber overcompensation mode to clamp down on any dissent.

READ:
For more info on the plot, check this ATS thread out written a few days back
Set 30 years in the future

The plot is set 30yrs in the future, I wonder if Han will be king and Leigh the queen with their children being the newJedi? Uncle Luke is their teacher; that's how it goes, right?

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook

The plot is set 30yrs in the future, I wonder if Han will be king and Leigh the queen with their children being the newJedi? Uncle Luke is their teacher; that's how it goes, right?

As, they where just going from an Empire that crushed a Republic, And Leia is the Princess of a dead planet...

Well, Id say they probably reconstituted a Republic, and MAYBE if there where a "new Alderaan" leia might be queen of it.

Naboo's line of Royalty was strange as hell as well, as they are an ELECTED monarch.

And I am putting away my nerd card now.

ETA:

They already stated as well that the Extended universe would not be considered cannon, so anything could be the plot at this point.
edit on 29-4-2014 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Something i think a lot of people who worry about the involvement of Disney in making the new movies forget is that Disney also happen to own Marvel Studios who have made some pretty good movies recently. Also According to Lucas 9 movies was always the plan and he and Lucasfims will still have some level of involvement in the new movies and with the original cast members it should hold some authenticity. Same can be said about the new Rebels TV series, it sucks that they killed off clone wars but Rebels will basically will be made by the same team that made the Clone Wars.

My biggest worry is that the movie will open up more continuity issues in the EU and that Disney will turn this into a massive merchandise coup and we will spend the next 10 years watching star wars die by way of over doing it

Some names from that cast though i wish to have seen that are not there, Aaron Paul (would have made a epic jedi), Ewan Mcgregor (need to have obi-wan and Alec has became one with the force), Frank OZ (need him, we do) and finally Megan Fox (does not need to have any lines)
edit on 29-4-2014 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-4-2014 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook

Hell if I know, I am not seeking out spoilers.
I do hope they are however under attack by Cylons.

I think the actual plot is:
Wesley Crusher, a new initiate into the force, leads a ragtag band to save the day against the new sith lord Darth Beiber. his companions, to include Dr. Manhattan, Zombie Yoda, Katniss Everdeen, Gandalf, Magneto (he can play 2 parts!), and
Random redshirt fly in a tricked out Kitt trans-am space car with zaney mishaps along the way.
Finally, Buffy shows up in a firefly model spaceship and kills the Reapers using a sharknado weapon.

Disney! make it so!

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Something i think a lot of people who worry about the involvement of Disney in making the new movies is that Disney also happen to own Marvel Studios who have made some pretty good movies recently. Also According to Lucas 9 movies was always the plan and he and Lucasfims will still have some level of involvement in the new movies and with the original cast members it should hold some authenticity. Same can be said about the new Rebels TV series, it sucks that they killed off clone wars but Rebels will basically will be made by the same team that made the Clone Wars.

My biggest worry is that the movie will open up more continuity issues in the EU and that Disney will turn this into a massive merchandise coup and we will spend the next 10 years watching star wars die by way of over doing it

Star Wars, as it stands now, is in a coma. the last 3 flicks, though not bad as movies in their own standing, were slammed due to it being rather different than the first three. I think this moving forward, and using the old cast along with the new, has the potential to bridge the grump gap of the generations demanding old and new.
It will be good to see Mark Hammel back...hopefully he trims up a bit. he is about the right age now for a Jedi Master and may do some awesomeness to the role...

I am hopeing that jedis are becoming more pronounced now and a proper war against the empire and the rebels (the republic reemergence rather) is the main focus...and perhaps a new prospering of the siths in general...

Would be interesting if this ultimately ended up in some sort of balance between jedi and sith...light and dark..

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

How they will work in the dark side i think will be the most interesting but also could be the biggest down fall of the movies.

With RoJ, the dark lord of the sith were all killed if we assume there is no secret apprentice. Actually the "true" sith have been dead for years in the EU anyway but you know what i mean.

I hope they don't fall into that whole clone palatine stuff.

Will probably end up revolving around a jedi discovering a sith holocorn and falling to the dark side i would think.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

How they will work in the dark side i think will be the most interesting but also could be the biggest down fall of the movies.

With RoJ, the dark lord of the sith were all killed if we assume there is no secret apprentice. Actually the "true" sith have been dead for years in the EU anyway but you know what i mean.

Will probably end up revolving around a jedi discovering a sith holocorn and falling to the dark side i would think.

Gotta remember though, Sith isn't a race, its just a knowledge perspective based on innate abilities..using the force for darkness (or more accurately, self gain)...stumbling across an ancient sith temple could restart the sith overall...same with jedi. you can kill all the jedis in existence, matters not so long as knowledge is out there somewhere to get rediscovered.

killing a thought is quite difficult to do.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Very true but I was talking about the Ancient species of the Sith but i know what you mean.

Again though I think thats pretty much whats going to happen, its going to be about the fall of of one or more jedi to the dark side after discovering that knowledge form some holocron or something.

Regardless i just wish i could time travel to the end of 2015 already so i can see what actually happens.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I'm cautiously optimistic for them, at first I thought no way but i'm coming around to the idea.

Disney can and usually does make great films. It's just... this is Star Wars the brain child of Lucas. Disney is about making a profit, does not mean it won't be bada.s, but their goal is profit period.

Could have been worse, could be Michael Bay doing it.

edit on 29-4-2014 by brandiwine14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Andy Serkis (Gollum) and Max Von Sydow (Ming the merciless), along with the original cast, has my vote, but I'd like to see a trailer first to decide whether it's worthy

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Abrahms is hit or miss...but incredibly gifted. Plus, he's working with the guy who made Empire Strikes Back, arguably the best movie in the saga thus far. I am going to reserve judgement until the project is done.

But we best get some Lando up in there...guy blew up the second death star. And went on to star in those classic Colt 45 malt liquor commercials.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Starwars had its day, put the franchise to rest.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Andy Serkis will be what saves this. He saves everything. Even things that don't need saved.

Serkis for 2016.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo

Andy Serkis will be what saves this. He saves everything. Even things that don't need saved.

Serkis for 2016.

Two words
King Kong

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Gotta remember though, Sith isn't a race, its just a knowledge perspective based on innate abilities..using the force for darkness (or more accurately, self gain)...stumbling across an ancient sith temple could restart the sith overall...same with jedi. you can kill all the jedis in existence, matters not so long as knowledge is out there somewhere to get rediscovered.

But
What about mitichlorians?
Movie lore now part of canon.
Sucks to be a Star wars fan anymore
Who am I kidding...I'll always be an ot fan.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear

But
What about mitichlorians?
Movie lore now part of canon.
Sucks to be a Star wars fan anymore
Who am I kidding...I'll always be an ot fan.

innate ability = mitichlorians count.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: brandiwine14
I'm cautiously optimistic for them, at first I thought no way but i'm coming around to the idea.

Disney can and usually does make great films. It's just... this is Star Wars the brain child of Lucas. Disney is about making a profit, does not mean it won't be bada.s, but their goal is profit period.

Could have been worse, could be Michael Bay doing it.

That brainchild of Lucas became a horrendous train wreck. Mitichlorians?
Jar-jar? At least it episode three was decent. But that took Spielberg as an uncredited director and producer.

Remember Lucas' s only other movie after Star Wars?
Look up Willow. Watch it and get back to me...
Im glad he gave up the franchise. Maybe now it can be something.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join