It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ralph Nader's America: Impeach Obama, decriminalize drugs, libertarians & progressives unite!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

Agreed but you can't just pick the present president to crucify. While the other yahoos are still around kicking it and being celebrated! Imagine how horrible that would look to empeach and prosecute the first black pres. For the same thing every white pres. Did before him.

Now if we are gonna go back and pop every living pres. and put them on trial for any craziness they did in office. I'm in.

But as bad as I know it sounds. You can't decide to start with the black guy and let far worse white guys slide.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ArtemisE

He doesn't get a pass cause he's black. IDGAF what race he is...he is the president and held to a higher standard because of that. Should be shy off from every minority who gets caught doing something wrong first?

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArtemisE
While I agree 100% on your premiss. Obama hasn't done anything to be empeached. If he had the right would be moving forward on that as we speak. I'm not an Obama fan at all. Just being realistic. He's done plenty of things i don't like, but none were impeachable.

Bill Clinton was impeached because of the Monica Lewinsky scandal.

Obama allows gun running to go on by the justice department, continues to circumvent the constitution, and champions a failed healthcare mandate, among many other things, but doesn't deserve impeachment?

I don't think I understand.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   

You sure wanna pop Obama but arnt nearly as mad at the previous.... Undeniably worse. Past presidents. Maybe your younger....so you've only been around for the present dirtbag. He doesn't get a pass because he's black....he gets a pass because they arnt prosecuting anyone for that. The only thing new about this one is he's black. Obama being the first black pres. Really was an historic event.

When the history books about America are written. It'll say we rebelled against England. Then we conquered the Indians. Then we fought a civil war. Abolished slavery. WW2. Civil rights. Vietnam. 911. Elected the first black pres. Impeached and jailed him for less then what every other white pres. Before him had done. Finally fell when no one planted crops because "jesus was comming!".

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: raedar

Screw the next election. The system isn't broken. The system is functioning exactly as intended. Once people comprehend this then, maybe, we can move forward, without the oppression and wage slavery.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Agreed but you can't just pick the present president to crucify. While the other yahoos are still around kicking it and being celebrated! Imagine how horrible that would look to empeach and prosecute the first black pres. For the same thing every white pres. Did before him.

Now if we are gonna go back and pop every living pres. and put them on trial for any craziness they did in office. I'm in.

But as bad as I know it sounds. You can't decide to start with the black guy and let far worse white guys slide.

What?

Why in the world does your mind even go there?

Injecting race...how original.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Sorry folks, impeachment just aint gonna happen. Nader is right about dynasties and personalities though as anyone on either side of the false paradigm should be able to realize the last thing we need is another Bush or Clinton. But, I digress. Anyone wanting to know why impeachment won't happen needs to watch George Carlin's last HBO comedy special called, It's Bad For Ya (2008). Carlin spells out in a few sentences what I think is the most succint interpretation of American politics ever written by anyone. The only unity that will continue beween the democorps and the rethuglicans is their collusion for the thirst of greed through wealth and power. Oh, that, and their ability to bullsnip the American sheeple into believing that if only the political party of ones choice could be voted into power then an epiphany would happen and the winning party would fix all the problems that stand as obstacles to the success of the good ol' USofA.
I also believe that while it is nice to think that Rand Paul or anyone else for that matter could eliminate the war on drugs when there is so much money to be made with the present system that this thought too just aint gonna happen. Maybe with the exception of marijuana laws being eased (nationwide) but we are still a long ways away from that despite the complete hypocrisy regarding alcohol, tobacco, and of course, prescription drugs. Here in the land of the free and the home of the brave we incarcerate more people than anywhere on the planet and in ever increasingly for profit private prisons.
Another unity that the false prophets on the left and right won't relinquish anytime soon is their collusive participation with Wall Street kings and queens as well as the entire lobbying force of D.C., which is just as high ranking of a reason to understand why your vote is useless except to make you think you are participating in a process. Just remember, folks, as Carlin said, its a big flippin club and you and I aren't in it.
I belive that the American people's inability to unify in the honest admittance that our republic is too far gone to simply be changed by voting as opposed to the ugly "r" word is just as revealing to why we are and will continue to be headed nowhere but a greater distance away from solving our problems at home as well as abroad.
ATS is a prime example of our inability to agree on the deception that is the left/right paradigm. My view is that political support of either side does nothing to deny ignorance and the biggest yawn on this site to me is the back and forth regarding just that. Then again, a revolution could start tommorrow and people would still be giddy pointing the fingers at each other as opposed to the collusion of both partys combined.
People wishing to get elected (selected) to run our republic may very well go towards that goal with great ideals and ideas only to find out later that they can play along or find themselves fitting a different historical place in history, like from the grave. That being said, how many politicians from both partys say all kinds of things in speeches only to renege all of their campaign promises after getting into office?

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: raedar

It’s a delusional idea from a man who is not so bright. A man who helped precipitat the election of the evil George Bush.

The so-called left/right paradigm is based on difficult issues that are hard to reconcile.

The left has issues that affect people’s lives that the right never understands, such as universal health care and minimum wage and unionism, and the rights abortion obsession.

These are divisive issues that won’t be wished away.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: TiedDestructor

That's not injecting race... It's the reality of post civil rights America. We as Americans are known for racism because of slavery and segregation. We were almost the last country to do those things. Your hate for Obama over rides your sense of justice Appearently. You've insisted on empeaching him while your not intrested at all in prosecuting people who have done worse.

That's not justice. It's your own political ideology at work.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: benrl
Dynastic reign has no place in America.

The fact that the vote might be between a BUSH and a CLINTON, should have the people up in arms.

I truly hope this happens. As someone who doesn't support either major party I can think of no better political situation to help me convince others of my viewpoint.

I just turned 32. With the exception of the past two years there has been a Bush or Clinton in high office my entire life.
1982-1988 Bush Sr VP
1988-1992 Bush Sr President
1992-2000 Bill Clinton President
2000-2008 Bush Jr President
2008-2012 Hillary Clinton Secretary of State (and 2008 presidential candidate)

Also to add, it is a very bad idea to go after expresidents for things they did in office. Even current presidents through impeachment is not something to be done lightly, and we have become far too free with that idea. The moment that becomes business as usual, whichever party is in power is going to murder (both literally and figuratively) all opposition due to their affiliation with past deeds.

This is not something any of us should want.

Bush was bad, Obama by policy is terms 3 and 4 of Bush. If one is guilty both are guilty. Neither should be penalized however, there are far bigger things at stake than the freedom of one or two people that are or will soon be out of power.

Think long term.
edit on 2-5-2014 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

While I agree 100% on your premiss. Obama hasn't done anything to be empeached. If he had the right would be moving forward on that as we speak. I'm not an Obama fan at all. Just being realistic. He's done plenty of things i don't like, but none were impeachable.

Actually, that is not true at all on a few levels.

A) The right would not have moved to impeach if there was a chance to do so. If you have not figured it out yet, the right and left work together. It is much like Pro Wrestling was back in the 70's and 80's. In public they pretend to hate each other, but behind closed doors they get along just great. Feel free to look at the voting records, it tells the story. For all the lip service they pay in front of the cameras, when it comes time to vote, many go along to get along.

B) There are grounds for impeachment. Remember Nixon? He was impeached. Why? For spying on the Democrats. The Obama Administration spies on the entire Nation, how is that NOT impeachable? I could go on... but feel free to look at Article 2 section 4 and decide for yourself.

I started a thread a couple days on nearly the same subject. I agree with far more progressive policies , then I do conservative ones. However if rand wins the nomination I'll probubally end up voting republican. He is the only option on the table that is " claiming" to end the war on drugs. I just don't see hillarys neo con @$$ doing it and I think that would fix more problems then the tea party policies he has.

Rand is not his Father. Rand has shown time and time again that he will compromise his principles for the sake of his Party, something his Father did not do. As far as him "ending the drug war", that was his Father's plan. Not Rand's. Don't believe me? Then explain this article where he tells the religious right that he does not want to decriminalize nor legalize... just soften the penalties.

Rand "assusres" Evangelicals that he doesn't want to end the drug war

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: MrWendal

Nixon didn't get empeached for spying.... He was empeached for breaking and entering consiracy then lying under oath.

You might be right. I'm hopeful that rands anti libertarian views are just lip service to the tea party types to be in position to get the nomination. But you definatly might be right. With him it'll be a coin flip on who he really is.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join