It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Rolls Royce know more about flight MA370 than they letting on?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
We now that Malaysian airlines had the premium support package for the Trent engines fitted to the plane in question.
This system actively monitors the engines running for temperatures' pressures any faults and either sends reports to the airlines tech center or directly to the plane. Therefore you would expect it to detect when the engines were running low on fuel as they would not be running at there maximum efficiency so from that point they should be able to estimate roughly where it came down?

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: dashdespatch

I don't know about that. If the plane did run out of fuel. Then yes. But... Let's get fantastical for a moment and paint this heroic picture. What if the plane was hijacked and the pilot downed the plane in the ocean to save lives?

Personally I think the plane landed safely somewhere but we won't know that until it slams into some american asset. Chances are we will never know.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Look at the situation this way: The standard today is for governments and various industries to spy on populations in general and specialized groups with almost certainty.

I would assume that even if the Malaysian airline did not subscribe to the engine service from Rolls that that the company did it anyway at their expense. Malaysia, being a Third World country, those places are not known for the best training of crews or upkeep of equipment. It also follows that Boeing may have been keeping tabs in their own way. Whether those system are piggybacked upon the other systems that were turned off, I have no idea.

Regardless, as has been said many times in these threads, it is unbelievable that the many, many capabilities of the US government did not track the plane to precisely where it went down (which I suspect was the sea). In asking ourselves why the US government would keep quiet, we can only suspect a political motive to cause trouble between countries in that region. (Don't let a good crisis go to waste. That holds even if that is best served by doing nothing.)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   

No. The EHMS transmits data through ACARS. Once ACARS went offline, the EHMS had no way to transmit data.

What was transmitted by the EHMS was a handshake that tells the satellite that the aircraft has power on. If the EHMS had the ability to transmit data, then after that handshake the data would be sent.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: BlastedCaddy

If it did land (I`m quite happy to believe that) then wouldn`t Rolls Royce know that by detecting a landing signature from the engines then idling and switch off?

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

When did it detect it had power off?

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   

IIRC, there was a full handshake at 0819, followed by a partial handshake 8 minutes later. So somewhere around 0830.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   

So could it have got off the coast of Perth at that time . Didn`t it have a back up ACARS (classic?) that Rolls Royce could have used or is that what you are referring to?

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   

That's what it uses as the primary sending system for the EHMS data. ACARS was shut down early in the flight, so the EHMS data couldn't go anywhere.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Touché...

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
And, I do remember from CNN one night, about week 5 of this event.

That Malaysia Air did not purchase the tracking package (?). They got the LOW end deal. That is why they say they got the "Pings" for 7 1/2 hours (every half hour-I believe).

Sound plausable.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: anon72

That's not true another poster here (sorry guy I didn`t follow your post and cannot find it now!) found out they bought the full package

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: dashdespatch
a reply to: anon72

That's not true another poster here (sorry guy I didn`t follow your post and cannot find it now!) found out they bought the full package

The poster named GeminiSky has a good thread going, and he is the one that found the info you are referring to. Here is the link for that post. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: anon72
And, I do remember from CNN one night, about week 5 of this event.

That Malaysia Air did not purchase the tracking package (?). They got the LOW end deal. That is why they say they got the "Pings" for 7 1/2 hours (every half hour-I believe).

Sound plausable.

Never rely on CNN for telling you the truth! What you have written shows CNN controls your thinking. I'm just giving friendly advice that CNN is official propaganda of the U.S. government, like Pravda was for the U.S.S.R. Please don't take it wrong.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

They had the monitoring package, without GPS positioning, but it was irrelevant because after ACARS went out, the data stopped.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
About the partial handshake, it was stated early April what the likely reason for the partial hand shake occurring was, (first mentioned in March) A power jolt from an aircraft out of fuel and a splutter.
That partial handshake was given as the same general area as the pings that were then being picked up from a/the black box, that was a heads up I thought. Thing is, they found nothing.

That story is below, and I would be interested what everyone thinks about it, Smurfy.

www.telegraph.co.uk...
edit on 29-4-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Mikeultra
thanks for the link mike it`s been a busy day

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   

I bow to your infinite knowledge on all things aviation but could you provide a link to the fact they had that package I think Gemini sky said they had bought the whole package at the Farnborough air show but I guess saying you are going to purchase and actually signing the contract (especially in these financial times) are two different things

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

The EHMS doesn't come with GPS tracking, unless the airline chooses to attach the system to the aircraft GPS. There are 25 sensors, mounted on the engines, that come standard, and the airline can add more of they choose to.

Rolls Royce EHMS

With all the stories out there I can't remember where I read it, but it was from Rolls Royce, stating that GPS with the EHMS was an airline option that Malaysia didn't go with.

As for the tracking package, RR offers some really good deals to the airline, and as far as I'm aware most if not all the airlines that have access to an EHMS type system get it. Engines are expensive, and that helps cut way down on maintenance costs.
edit on 4/29/2014 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: dashdespatch

I bow to your infinite knowledge on all things aviation but could you provide a link to the fact they had that package I think Gemini sky said they had bought the whole package at the Farnborough air show but I guess saying you are going to purchase and actually signing the contract (especially in these financial times) are two different things

Well well well having all the fun without me??

Let see...the article was anouncing the purchase of the package for the new engines on the airbus a380...The kicker is that in the same article they mention that they ALREADY HAVE THE PACKAGE INSTALLED ON ALL THEIR 777 FLEET. The tech for the package is in the engines standard, the service you have to sign up for...the article is from several years ago, so ALL 777s in their fleet had the service active before the crash...

Here is the article.

Rolls-Royce, the global power systems company, has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Malaysia Airlines for long-term TotalCare® services support for Trent 900 engines that will power its new fleet of six Airbus A380 aircraft.

Rolls-Royce already provides TotalCare support services for Trent 800 engines that power Malaysia Airlines’ fleet of 17 Boeing 777 aircraft.

Speaking at the Farnborough International Airshow, Ahmad Jauhari Yahya, Group CEO, Malaysia Airlines, said: “We are very happy with the support we receive from Rolls-Royce - TotalCare alleviates the burden of engine maintenance and provides significant financial savings. We look forward to receiving the same high level of support for our Trent 900 engines as we undertake this important fleet expansion.”

LINK

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join