It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Near Death Experiences and Conscious OBE - A Personal Account

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I wanted to make this post because it brings back frightening memories for me from when I was younger and quite the daredevil and adrenaline junkie, and hopefully it might help myself and others understand what happens to us when it's our time to die.

I have had two major near death experiences, one of which included an OBE.

The first case was in March of 1985. I was 19 and had just left a party at about 3am and ended up getting myself into a major police chase through four counties. I won't go into all the details of the chase, but it lasted over an hour and reached speeds well over 130 mph. That's how fast I was going when I crashed on the interstate. Just before the crash, everything got weird. Everything went into super slow motion and then I left my body. I was suddenly just behind and above my body watching myself drive the car. It was like I was looking over the back of my own head. I could only watch my body's movements as I had no control at all over them. Also there was no more sound at all. Utter silence as the car crashed. Then suddenly I was back in my body and they were pulling me out of the car through the windshield. I was banged up a little, but was for the most part completely unharmed by the crash. I never hit my head nor lost consciousness the whole time, so I definitely did not dream up that experience due to any head trauma. I'm 48 years old now and I've never forgotten what happened to me that night.

The second case was not as dramatic as the first, but is relevant nonetheless. I was cliff diving with some friends one day. It was an 80 foot high cliff at a lake. At the top, there was a short path that led to a small rock outcropping that we would run down and then jump. Well, the rock up there had gotten very wet and slippery from the multiple times my friends and I had already jumped from it. Needless to say, when it was my turn, I slipped on the wet rock and fell head first down the cliff. I instantly knew that I was probably about to die on the rocks below and everything went into super slow motion mode and there was no sound at all, same as the first case. The only difference this time was that I didn't leave my body. I did in fact land on the rocks at the base of the cliff and I never hit the water because I didn't get enough outward momentum to clear the rocks when I fell from the top. The way I landed was bizarre. Somehow my head and shoulders slid into a groove between two giant rocks and it acted as a brake of sorts and that's how I ended up, upside down with my back against the cliff and the top of my head in the water and I was looking out across the lake at water level wondering what just happened to me. Again, I escaped major injury. All it did was jam my neck and I couldn't turn my head for a few weeks until it healed.

Anyway, I hope my story will be beneficial to someone somewhere. These are just the two major incidents that I'll never forget. As many crazy things as I've done, I should have been killed many times over and yet I'm still here, although much more prepared and know what to expect when my time comes. These experiences have also confirmed without any doubt to me that the end of life in this body is not the end of my existence.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: LrdRedhawk

I should have been killed many times over and yet I'm still here

In the first instance it sounds lucky you did not get anyone else killed actually.

So it seems Hollywood portrays these things correctly, also cartoons as I once was on a runaway horse and hit a tree limb, I was knocked off and I learned you can actually see a circle of stars rotating like in the cartoons until you regain your senses.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

Yes that's true. I've long since counted my lucky stars and stopped behavior like that when I was younger. However, having done the things I did is what led me to learn things from those experiences I never would have had I not done them.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: LrdRedhawk

I guess we have all learned form any experiences we have and the mistakes we make. I am very sorry though myself for all those I hurt in the process of my growing.

Another truth I learned, after a very traumatic experience, beyond my capability to face, I had a break...the kind of thing you again don't realize is real that we hear of in fiction. I was suddenly two people...one was inside unable to control the actions of the suicidal other. I watched as the other spoke and moved and had no control at all. There was TWO people operating in one body.
I am grateful for those who locked me away until I could face and deal with my loss.

edit on 29-4-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Not sure how having a adrenaline based disassociation with your physical body somehow gives you a belief in a soul. you can actually replicate those same effects in a lab actually.

But damn, that's some seriously crazy luck you had those two times. Funny to consider that you survived a crash at 130mph, yet another person can die from a little cut getting infected, or a simple slip on the floor and falling the wrong way to off them immediately.

I know the world is like a giant final destination set and death is unfolding all the time around us in a billion different potential ways to die, with everything we do sealing the inevitable final moments...that right there makes me try to be more cautious the more I think about it.

gah

Swan diving off a cliff to rocks below just freaks me out. I once was in south England on these high ledges with winds whipping over the top. my stepson was running towards the edge...with the wind pushing him. I had to bolt as fast as possible to get him before he went soaring...I still get twitches to this day with the feeling of that place and the wind pushing me to the sides just naturally....
gravity...blah..who invented that crap anyhow!

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   

That sounds like DID (Dissociative Identity Disorder). I'm not sure if what happened to me would be related to that or not. Interesting thought, although I don't normally have that.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
Not sure how having a adrenaline based disassociation with your physical body somehow gives you a belief in a soul. you can actually replicate those same effects in a lab actually.

I'm not so sure an adrenaline based disassociation is what it was because there were countless times in my life where my adrenaline skyrocketed but I never left my body. Granted, these two particular instances I was sure I was about to die. It makes me wonder if all people leave their physical bodies right before death and therefore feel no pain in death as a result, no matter how violently they might have died. It certainly did convince me that there is a soul (or whatever you want to call it) in me and when it's my time to die, the same thing will happen, except that time I wouldn't return to my body.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: LrdRedhawk

That sounds like DID (Dissociative Identity Disorder). I'm not sure if what happened to me would be related to that or not. Interesting thought, although I don't normally have that.

I think this guys thread does relate well

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Yes, I posted my experience there as well.

top topics

join