It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea and Tractors

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
So...NK is still trying to heat things up by live round firing near SK....old news.

What I don't get is why are they using tractors? This just seems funny to me. Did they scrounge up some local farmers to paint their tractors red and haul the artillery out to the site? Or are these actual military tractors that were purpose built for this? And if so, why tractors? Just seems really strange.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Maybe it's just me... But the first thought in my head was that little boy in the Dodge commercial that goes "It's a Hemi"!

I couldn't help myself...

I really have no other words for this... Enter North Korea! Invasion by tractor pulling?

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I don't know seeing the exhaust pipe so high it seems they think they are amphibious, makes me wanna give it a ride and see. they could sell them as the new buggy they seem fun

_________

Give it a few more years and the parade will be hauled by donkeys... now i wonder if they got donkeys

edit on 29-4-2014 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
The tractor might be a very good multi purpose vehicle that may make more sense in the long run .Most specialized vehicles only have the one purpose .If the US had used tractors in Afghanistan then they could have easily left them behind to help the people . just sayin a reply to: Vasa Croe

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
The tractor might be a very good multi purpose vehicle that may make more sense in the long run .Most specialized vehicles only have the one purpose .If the US had used tractors in Afghanistan then they could have easily left them behind to help the people . just sayin a reply to: Vasa Croe

Very true, yet somehow I don't think NK would leave these behind anywhere to help, let alone be able to get them anywhere outside of NK.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Something strange about this pic. The guys sitting the cart look like they were added in. Just an observation.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Amazing what some PVC pipe and some paint can achieve.

No, not the tractors, the big spud guns they have on the back!

I wouldn't put it past ol' Un to have fake rocket launchers.

edit on 29-4-2014 by AlphaHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Actually that's pretty smart, if your low on resources you find ways. One thing though, I think I might open a flag shop in NK. Everything has a flag there lol.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

High exhaust stack is so you don't get stunk out while driving.

But yes, you could ford a river too..

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe There is word going around that Russia has forgiven NK billions of dollars of dept in a agreement that would allow Russia to build a gas pipe line to the south . We may be seeing some sort of cooperation and reunification of the two half's of that country ...don't know but there may be good reasons to believe this .

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Oh man, they can't bomb those tractors. I like tractors, I have two of them.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse I had a beautiful 1936 ford N . my X got the darn thing in the divorce . What kind do you have ?

edit on 29-4-2014 by the2ofusr1 because: spelling of course

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Made me think if they parked it in a farm field people would just think its a normal CIVILIAN tractor but as we know...America will surely bomb it then hahaha

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
perhaps not to show their real transport vehicles for the weapons...

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Interesting, makes me think back to the Gulf war. Remember how those pesky scuds were all but impossible to find?
The reason was they were mobile, so be it a tractor or a million dollar truck or even a LLama if they can move them you will have to search anew every day and night and hour for them.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

Yes they must have a super secret super advance fleet of hovertanks around somewhere but they think it gives more pride to the people and fear to foreigners to show the 70+ year old tractors

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

I've got a 77 ford 2600 and a 47 McCormick Farmall cub. And plenty of small farming equipment.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

I think its just about not sharing all that is as many others do... The more advanced locations show their craft- air, land and sea but not their most advanced. Maybe NK taking notes?

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Don't worry, these are cheap Massey Ferguson knock offs.

edit on 29-4-2014 by AlphaHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
While we see old tractors what the North Koreans see is a sign of wealth and prestige. These are the same people do almost all farming by hand requiring the military to head out twice a year to work in the fields. Those tractors are like gold there.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join