It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kerry: U.S. Taped Moscow’s Calls to Its Ukraine Spies

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   

“Intel is producing taped conversations of intelligence operatives taking their orders from Moscow and everybody can tell the difference in the accents, in the idioms, in the language. We know exactly who’s giving those orders, we know where they are coming from,” Kerry said at a private meeting of the Trilateral Commission in Washington.

Kerry didn’t name specific Russian officials implicated in the recordings. But he claimed that the intercepts provided proof of the Russians deliberately fomenting unrest in eastern Ukraine—and lying about it to U.S. officials and the public.

U.S. intelligence has recordings of pro-Russian forces being managed by government handlers in Moscow.

I know some of you are going to require private pentagon briefings from 5 star general and access to state of the art recording studio to sit down and analyse the voices and tapes, but for now it's just yet more accusations from the US with claims of Moscow's orchestrated aggression
edit on 4/30/2014 by semperfortis because: exact headline

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

Hmmm Interesting this info got out to the public..... Must be a reason.

It seems like Putin has burried deep into Obama side....

Obama better watch out of Putin is going to give him (USA) a big bloody nose!

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
So the Administration is coming out with proof.

That ups the need for them to do something. What will that be?
Telling Putin that Obama is really mad now? Draw another line in the dirt?

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
However, The US admittedly goes on to say they had no intel on Crimea invasion and was surprised

“It’s not an accident that you have some of the same people identified who were in Crimea and in Georgia and who are now in east Ukraine,” said Kerry. “This is insulting to everybody’s intelligence, let alone to our notions about how we ought to be behaving in the 21st century. It’s thuggism, it’s rogue state-ism. It’s the worst order of behavior.” Representatives for the State Department and the Office of the Director of National Intelligence did not respond to requests for comment. Kerry has asserted publicly before that Russian intelligence officers were the “catalyst” behind the riots and government building takeovers in eastern Ukraine.

But on Friday he told the private audience why he—and the U.S. intelligence community—were so sure of this assessment. If U.S. intelligence agencies have intercepted proof of Russia’s destabilization operations, as Kerry claims, it means that the code-breakers and eavesdroppers in the National Security Agency and the broader American armed forces have overcome Russian efforts to hide their military communications. In March, the Wall Street Journal reported that U.S. agencies were surprised that it had not collected any telltale signs of the Crimea stealth invasion at the end of February, suggesting the Russians had managed to give such orders without the United States knowing about it.

The U.S. European Command relies primarily upon the RC-135 Rivet Joint to vacuum up electronic communications from Russia. These jets—variants of the Boeing 707 model—are equipped with advanced sensor and signal intercept packages. The other primary spy plane used by U.S. Navy to eavesdrop on such communications is the EP3, flown out off U.S. naval stations in Rota, Spain and Sigonella, Italy. The EP3 is the same spy plane grounded by the Chinese military at the beginning of the George W. Bush administration in 2001.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

That ups the need for them to do something. What will that be?
Telling Putin that Obama is really mad now? Draw another line in the dirt?

I don't think the US nor NATO has the Intensions of getting involved militarily over Ukraine

There's no line drawing in the dirt either, Remember when you where a kid and you'd dare a stupid friend to do stupid things like running across a train track or jumping in the shallow end

Well that's what the west is doing with Russia, daring Russia to make an arse of itself in a similar way...

edit on 29-4-2014 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   

No, the author of the article you quote speculated that the US had no previous intel of Russia's plans. If the US had released decrypted SIGINT before the invasion, Russia would know that its communications security had been breached. Intelligence agencies like to play the "We know something you don't know" game. By not interfering with Russia's plans, the US sprung a trap. Russia is now looked at as an aggressor and pariah, justifying sanctions, ie; economic war.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   

As interesting as this announcement is, it is at least as interesting that he made the announcement "at a private meeting of the Trilateral Commission in Washington" rather than somewhere like the United Nations.

By almost anyone's definition, the Trilateral Commission (founded by David Rockefeller) is a heavyweight player in the whole New World Order plan. I can't help wondering if Kerry was reporting that things are going according to plan or not.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Like those photos of 'Russians' which he admitted were fake? Or like his comment on the Jew registering order which he commented on three days after it was already clear that this was a hoax (or propaganda for some)?

Yo do know that all the information US gets from Ukraine is coming from the unelected government that in the last few months made more than 10 threats with "killing everybody in the East" included in them?

Those same people concluded an investigation that snipers in Kiev were sent by Yanukovich. Few days after that German investigator published his results which were the complete opposite of their story. Those same people concluded an investigation of the murder of Muzichko and said that he shot himself twice in the heart while being handcuffed.

Those same people cut off (already paid in advance) drinking water supplies to the Crimea while saying that they are occupied by Russians and that they're Ukrainians. What government does that to their own people on the 'occupied territory'?
edit on 29-4-2014 by baburak because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: ikonoklast

As interesting as this announcement is, it is at least as interesting that he made the announcement "at a private meeting of the Trilateral Commission in Washington" rather than somewhere like the United Nations.

By almost anyone's definition, the Trilateral Commission (founded by David Rockefeller) is a heavyweight player in the whole New World Order plan. I can't help wondering if Kerry was reporting that things are going according to plan or not.

It would indicate that the US is more concerned about hurting Russia for its actions with economic sanctions than going to war over Russia's actions in Ukraine

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Proof?

Its a statement by the US government.

Might as well say that as "proof" we have a statement from Pinocchio.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere

Proof?

You might want to drop your Ron Paul endorsement if you are going to come to the defense of a Russian invasion.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Yeah, I am just confounded by our 'leadership' in Washington, DC.
They drew lines before and said... 'Do not cross, or else!', then they did what amounts to nothing.
If they don't plan on doing anything over there, why keep stirring the pot by coming out with 'proof' of Russian meddling?

Just to be clear,
- I don't believe what the Administration says...
and
- I don't believe that we need to get involved in this, I think it is a European problem, let the EU handle it.
edit on bu302014-04-29T09:28:50-05:0009America/ChicagoTue, 29 Apr 2014 09:28:50 -05009u14 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis
It would indicate that the US is more concerned about hurting Russia for its actions with economic sanctions than going to war over Russia's actions in Ukraine

I'm not sure I understand why you think that is what it indicates, could you explain?

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   

The United States has proof that the Russian government in Moscow is running a network of spies inside eastern Ukraine because the U.S. government has recordings of their conversations, Secretary of State John Kerry said in a closed-door meeting Friday.

So, what would a government be called if they didn't have a network of spies working in a bordering state that's planning offensive operations?

Incompetent.

It's like American not running a network of spies in Mexico. Now that would be strange.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

originally posted by: gladtobehere

Proof?

You might want to drop your Ron Paul endorsement if you are going to come to the defense of a Russian invasion.

WHAT RUSSIAN INVASION?!?!?!?!?!

Show us, literally, prove it. Start another threat named "Proof of Russian Invasion into Ukraine", and show all the facts.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Yeah, I am just confounded by our 'leadership' in Washington, DC.
They drew lines before and said... 'Do not cross, or else!', then they did what amounts to nothing.
If they don't plan on doing anything over there, why keep stirring the pot by coming out with 'proof' of Russian meddling?

Just to be clear,
and
- I don't believe that we need to get involved in this, I think it is a European problem, let the EU handle it.

Russia hasn't invaded the East of Ukraine yet because of those "drawing of lines" the US want Russia to ignore them and cross the boarder so to can gain support for destroying the Russian economy with more and more sanctions... It wouldn't surprise me if the US was still drawing lines in the sand when Russia troop mass on the polish boarders inside Ukraine

I wouldn't believe anything Russia or the US says, they're clearly engaged in playing BIG games with each other... The fog of war HTH

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   

And how is this any different from the US managing pro-US factions in Iraq, Afghanistan, Columbia, Ecuador, Nicaragua, Panama, Venezuela, Pakistan, Vietnam, Korea, Cambodia, Singapore, Malaysia, Angola, Southwest Africa/Namibia, Somalia, Syria, Jordan, Ukraine, etc. ???

It doesn't matter which country does it, it's all interference.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Yes, only we are allowed to mess about in the Ukraine. Thousands of miles from our shores.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Oh, Kerry is talking about "clear evidence" again?

Is it the Iraq-/ or the Syria-kind of "clear evidence"?

Can we see it this time? Pretty please?

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Just to be clear,
and

Agreed.Why doesn't Europe do something considering its their house and problem?Ineffectual lamelessnous comes to mind.What does the US HAVE to do?Not a damn thing.
edit on CDTTueam21161 by TDawg61 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join