No One Is Able To Snatch Them Out Of My Hand.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   
John 10:27-29 27"My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; 28and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand. 29"My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand.

I have this memory at primary school. It's from such a long time ago. I was very young. I can't really remember the truth. I remember a kid snatching something out of my hand.

If your talking Psy then it was like I was controlling people who I suppose could be sheep with my hands they were doing tasks and being rewarded or they were doing missions of discovery Psy. I can't remember accurately. All I remember is demonstrating this to like 2-3 other kids and that a kid tried to snatch them out of my hand. This is what he spoke.

It was kind of like there was a link between me and certain others that matched me and they were kept in my hand. Psy.

It's kind of like I wondered why he didn't goto the effort of starting his own rather than snatching mine. I think mine in my hand were only slightly built up but that is the advantage. This is about all I can explain. I think by showing others I was teaching. It's so hazy now. I can't remember exactly what I demonstrated that got snatched only something like it was a link to other people contained in my hands maybe fingers. I remember sending a person out and it was like they went right to the end of something and then back again completing something. It made you stronger or more complete or there was some type of reward.

I wanted to write this memory down. It's so fuzzy now that it's not very good. But basically the kid said vocally he snatched the things out of my out hand Psy kind of exactly like described in the scripture at top.

If only I could remember what I demonstrated better.

Thanks for reading this fuzzy memory that's poorly written and doesn't explain much. I basically just wanna say that the kids idea was to snatch them out of my hand. That is what he came up with.

Leeda.
edit on 29-4-2014 by leeda because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: leeda Good try at trying to get the fuz out . I have attempted to explain some thing from my youth that ..well like you, didn't really make sense and were fuzzy at best .I don't know if some how I was traumatized by what happened and I blocked out details that might have answered the questions I had later on .I look back now on it and can vividly remember some of the elements but when I try to piece together the thing it always goes fuzzy . Brave thread and good luck trying to unlock the meaning

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: leeda
I had a memory as a kid that the airplane took me directly to my house. Was so vivid, but...obviously, it can't be real.
Dunno why I felt the need to share that

I find John 10:27-29 very interesting, because it precedes a verse that some christians use as proof that Jesus said he was God. But if you read that verse in the context of these previous verses:

"My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; 28and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand. My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand. I and My Father are one."

You'll see that he was making what is referred to as an analogy or simile. Whatever else the case may be, that there wasn't Jesus claiming to be God.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: babloyi Have you ever heard a Porcupine claim the he was such a creature ? Some things can go without saying ..just sayin

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

What creature?

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: babloyi Your location says behind me but if you were you would know what a porcupine was .that creature ....When Moses asked God ,who shall I say sent me ,what was Gods response ?

ETA "No, Jesus never said the exact three words, "I am God." But Jesus also never said the exact four words, "I am a prophet," or the exact four words "I am a man," but we know he was both a prophet and a man. It is not necessary for Jesus to say the exact phrase "I am a man," for us to know that he was a man. Likewise, it is not necessary for Jesus to utter the exact three words "I am God," in order for us to determine whether or not he is divine. Jesus may not have said the exact sentence "I am God," but he did claim the divine name for himself (Exo. 3:14 with John 8:58), and he also received worship (Matt. 2:2; 14:33; 28:9; John 9:35-38).

When Moses was up at the Mount speaking to God, Moses asked God what his name was. God said, "I AM WHO I AM"; and He said, 'Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel,' 'I AM has sent me to you.' (Exodus 3:14). In John 8:58 Jesus said, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am." Right after this the Jews picked up stones to throw at him. Later, in John 10:30-33 Jesus claimed to be one with the Father; and the Jews wanted to stone him again because they said to Jesus, "You, being a man, make yourself out to be God." Jesus had claimed the divine name for his own, and the Jews wanted to kill him for it. Therefore, from Jesus' own mouth we see that he was claiming to be God.

The words "I am"

Now please understand that anyone can say the words "I am," and it does not mean that he is claiming to be God. Someone could say, "I am over here." That is not claiming the divine name. Likewise, someone could say, "I am hungry," or "I am sick." Neither example is claiming divinity because the use of the term "I am" in context clearly shows us that is not what is occurring. But, in John 8:58 when Jesus said "before Abraham was born, I am," the Jews knew exactly what he was saying. Notice that he says before Abraham was born (using the past tense), and then he switches to the present tense when he says "I am." Jesus switches tenses of the verbs on purpose, so that when he does so in the context of referencing Abraham, Jesus is clearly drawing the Jews' attention to the Old Testament Scriptures and then using a present tense form of the verb "to be" by saying "I AM." Someone who says "I am hungry" is not drawing attention to the Old Testament Scriptures for context.

Jesus was clearly causing the Jews to reflect upon the divine name "I am" that Jesus used for himself. We know that they understood this because as is said above, they said, "You, being a man, make yourself out to be God." (John 10:33).

The Muslims agree with the Jews

But what is noteworthy is that the Jews, like the Muslims, deny that Jesus is God in flesh. Therefore, the Muslims are united with the Jewish people in denying who Jesus claimed to be, the "I am."

Conclusion

It is not necessary that Jesus say a certain phrase in order for the truth of who he is to be made clear. The issue is not if he speaks a certain sentence that we construct in present terms in order to satisfy our theological demands. The issue is what did Jesus say in the context and culture of the time in which he spoke.

Finally, we know that Jesus is God in flesh because the Bible tells us so. carm.org...

edit on 29-4-2014 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I know what a porcupine is. I'm sure the porcupine does too. But humans gave that name and categorisation to animals, and decided what was what. The animal doesn't care whether you think it is a porcupine or a cow.

Are you suggesting that God was an invention of mankind?

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: babloyi Look at the edit I made in my previous post .And the term God is a man made word as well as the word porcupine that both describe something .

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
So you know I said that exact phrase last night to my kid who was curious about what happens to us, if we loose our memories or have Alzheimer's and are still in our bodies, basically what happens when we go to heaven.

In searching for what happens to our bodies I happen to read that scripture first...
edit on 29-4-2014 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Jesus did in fact say he was a man. That is what he meant when he used the term "Ben-Adam" (translated as "Son of Man") for himself.
As for "Son of God", Jesus drew the connection to how the prophets of old were also called "Sons of God" and also said that God sent him (which is what God does with prophets)- See more below in my response to your other point.

You refer to John 8 as "Jesus using the divine name for himself", but in that same passage, he talks of how God (not just "My Father", but "God") sent him and gave him his mission. Are you suggesting Jesus was schizophrenic or had a split personality disorder?
You refer to Matt 2:2, 14:33 and John 9:38 which talks about "bowing" to Jesus. The first instance of this occurring is with the wise men, who say they came to see the King of the Jews. What do you do to kings again? If bowing is worship, than it seems a lot of Christians are idolators today.

You also again refer to John 10:33 (the passage that brought up this entire discussion), but fail to mention Jesus's reply to those who accused him of claiming to be God:
"Is it not having been written in your law: I said, ye are gods? If them he did call gods unto whom the word of God came, (and the Writing is not able to be broken,) of him whom the Father did sanctify, and send to the world, do ye say -- Thou speakest evil, because I said, Son of God I am?"

I'd say as far as scripture goes, explicit statements are very important. If everything could be ignored because it was evident, we wouldn't have need for any scripture in the first place. The Bible does suggest some sort of divineness to Jesus, but that isn't the same as saying he is God. Gabriel was "divine" too.

EDIT: This does seem a bit off-topic from the original thread, although to be honest, I'm not exactly sure what the original thread is about. Perhaps a separate thread should be created if you want to discuss this topic?
edit on 29-4-2014 by babloyi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: babloyi I have looked at lot's of your posts and can only say that you have your Koran to believe and I have my Bible to believe .You are welcome to not believe what I believe and I the same .I don't want to get into why I believe but know that I do . You can not'd believe what you want and I will do the same ...end of discussion .

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Hey the2ofusr1!

When I have discussions on the Bible, I keep the Quran out of it, unless it is specifically on the topic of comparative religion. As in this thread, I haven't brought up the Quran yet.

But either way, as you say, you have your faith, I have mine. If that is your response, then of course, I must accept that, and I cannot say anything against it at all.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
thats find but can you see god? can you sit down and go breathless while being merged with god for hours? until christainty produces that effect ill continue ignoring it. i have found that effect in something else. i have found fullfillment, a way to exist in an odd way. i could leave now if i chose

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: babloyi

You'll see that he was making what is referred to as an analogy or simile. Whatever else the case may be, that there wasn't Jesus claiming to be God.
The "analogy or simile" was calling people sheep.
Jesus' point is that he was the one entrusted with the duties normally attributed to God.
No one need ever look for anyone to be higher than him because only God Himself could be.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: jmdewey60
So what you're saying is that Jesus is less than God?

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

So what you're saying is that Jesus is less than God?
What does this mean, that you quoted in your earlier post?

My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all;

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: jmdewey60
See, the thing is, some people would really try to reinforce the difference there that Jesus is referring to his Father, but together with the Holy Spirit, they all make up God- thus Jesus is God, but within the Triune Godness, Jesus is less than the Father. I don't understand it myself, but there it is.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

I don't understand it myself, but there it is.
My current position is that we don't really know how many gods there are exactly but for practical purposes, we are knowledgeable of three.
"God" may be the term for the congregate of all gods, represented by the elder of the god-like entities.
That is the picture I get from the throne room scene in Revelation.
This is also how it was understood in the Greek culture at the writing of the New Testament, and also in what I have to take as the older, and more original Old Testament parts.
edit on 29-4-2014 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 03:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: jmdewey60

I don't understand it myself, but there it is.
My current position is that we don't really know how many gods there are exactly but for practical purposes, we are knowledgeable of three.
"God" may be the term for the congregate of all gods, represented by the elder of the god-like entities.
That is the picture I get from the throne room scene in Revelation.
This is also how it was understood in the Greek culture at the writing of the New Testament, and also in what I have to take as the older, and more original Old Testament parts.

Hi jim,

Matthew 28:19
Going therefore, teach ye all nations; baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.

Catechism of the Catholic
Paragraph 234
The mystery of the Most Holy Trinity is the central mystery of Christian faith and life. It is the mystery of God in himself. It is therefore the source of all the other mysteries of faith, the light that enlightens them. It is the most fundamental and essential teaching in the "hierarchy of the truths of faith".56 The whole history of salvation is identical with the history of the way and the means by which the one true God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, reveals himself to men "and reconciles and unites with himself those who turn away from sin".57

God bless you,

colbe

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: colbe

The mystery of the Most Holy Trinity is the central mystery of Christian faith and life. It is the mystery of God in himself. It is therefore the source of all the other mysteries of faith, the light that enlightens them.
It sounds like so much mumbo jumbo designed to make people think that they need to be dependent on priests who supposedly have it all sorted out.
Unless you could explain it yourself, rather than just being able to copy and paste it.

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join