It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arkansas Tornado Damage........

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Being an Okie......tornadoes have always been an attention grabber for me......They are destructive, but at the same time just a truth in how little man really is.....However, this video caught my attention for something else......The sound, it wasn't that of a helicopter as I was expecting...then I noticed the comments on the video....this was a drone and not a civilian or police drone, but a media drone..

Now I'm not throwing a flag on the play, it was just a matter of time....but when did the media get drones?

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 04:03 AM
link   
i dont have a problem with media having drones, id rather have a drone buzzing quietly above me than a huge loud deadly [if it crashed] helicopter over my head.

Just my two pence.

The damage to that town looks pretty serious, hopefully the death toll will not raise.
edit on b0404426 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: pointr97

The quad rotor drones were running 5-8 thousand dollars each on the low end in 2010. Those were designed to carry a full size DSLR or small video camera with a link back to the remote you were holding.

This is really neat and where I think drone technology can shine and save lives. Search and Rescue or disaster surveying is the perfect thing when the air is still too unstable for expensive helicopters.

S/F

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 04:14 AM
link   
anyone can have a drone now days there not that much anymore remember the guy that had the the drone from occupy movement that was filming during the police tear gassing and beatings the american people there just a new fact of life i would rather a news agency have one with a camera flying over than a police one with air to ground missiles any day
edit on 29-4-2014 by pez1975 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   

You do know that you can get your own? Right? It's not like someone sneaky, or black op, only has access to FLYING MACHINES.

Drones... stop being in star trek world. it's just a remote controlled device. like people have been using for decades.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: pez1975
anyone can have a drone now days there not that much anymore remember the guy that had the the drone from occupy movement that was filming during the police tear gassing and beatings the american people there just a new fact of life i would rather a news agency have one with a camera flying over than a police one with air to ground missiles any day

He was obviously a NWO agent, setting out to rule the world, because he, you know, drones..

I don't know what is worse some times, the fear of it all or the fact it might happen.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I am more concerned about the human and property loss. I was a kid in the 50's through the 70's, living in tornado alley. We always expected tornadoes, but the destruction back then does not compare to the destruction now. I think people should check those dome houses or do something to prepare for the next hundred years of this type of destruction.

The drone thing is like everything else. Whether it is used for good or bad is up to us.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

It has been devastating! I live in central Ar not far from the path of this beast. I have family and friends who have lost everything. Homes, pets, security...you name it. Its overwhelming. I too, had no idea that we had drones here in the state or anywhere close to us for that matter. Pretty scary on both fronts.

It was on the ground for 80 miles. Started out 1/2 mile wide, ended 3/4 mile wide.
edit on 29-4-2014 by Lmm2004 because: More information.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
The Tornado passed about 3 miles west of my house. ( we could see it) My father lives in Vilonia, luckily his house was not hit, but he said the town is gone..... they just got hit 3 years ago, but not as bad.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Mythos13

I am so happy to hear that Mythos13! Please stay safe my friend.

new topics

top topics

join