It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychiatrists Are the New Federal Gun Control Agents and Political Thought Police

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: pointr97

The worst thing to happen in the field of psychology is when Wilhelm Wundt pioneered the idea that the "brain is god", so to speak. He argued that everything related to the human body was caused by the brain. While he is correct in theory it does not take into account the spirit, the soul, the ki, whatever word you want to use for the lifeforce or vim inside you. Fast forward to the modern day and treatment methods revolve around messing with your brain...literally. Such a change from the early days of the science. Did you know that back then the Psychology Department at most universities were in the Philosophy department due to the lingering belief that the body of a human contained a spirit or soul. Nowadays treatments are all biological, with drugs thrown at you, for the most part, or other unique ways to physically interfere with the brain and its signals.

I seem to be drifting off topic but my point with the above is that the groundwork for this new DSM-5 was set up by Wundt and his colleagues. He is considered to have revolutionized psychology and invented "scientific psychology". It is his method of psychology that seeks to bypass the free will, free thought, and intellect of the "patient". All of those trespasses are now considered normal because they say it is for the best interest of the patient. I don't agree, of course, and I am willing to bet that my free will & thought and intellect would be bypassed to treat me of this belief(I believe the treatment methods of Josef Breuer to be more in line with the spirit of Psychology and the healing process but, that is neither here nor there). Weaponized Psychology. What a horrible thought. All the more so because it is being developed in that way. Like another poster has pointed out before me...make sure you come off as accepting, docile, and not a threat to stay off the radar. God forbid you get forcibly confined because some fool does not like your opinion on some official or social matter.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
You can't deny there are extreme mental issues with many members of sites like this.
I'm sure some are very dangerous.

I wouldn't deny that there are mental issues with many people everywhere. The vast majority of the time, they don't rise to anywhere near the level you're implying. For that matter, a person can be pretty crazy without being the slightest bit dangerous.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Snopes disproved that story about veterans having to inform their neighbors.

www.snopes.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join