It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychiatrists Are the New Federal Gun Control Agents and Political Thought Police

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 03:11 AM
link   
This should strike ATS to the bone....aimed right at not only those that participate on alternative news sites like ATS but to groups like oath-keepers.......This could be that really love sledge hammer that fits every scenario they want

Psychiatrists are the new federal gun control agents

The Obama administration has a new partner in crime and it is the American Psychiatric Association (APA). The APA created the new Diagnostic and Statistical Manual (5th Edition) which was recently adopted. DSM 5 is highly controversial and has sparked outrage from the mental health practitioners. As many of these practitioners point out, the new DSM-V makes a pathology out simple and normal behaviors such as grieving for the loss of a loved one.

This constitutes a new subjective approach in diagnosing of mental illness that promises to end free speech and any form of political dissent. The federal government has already declared anyone who oppose its unconstitutional policies as having “political paranoia,” which is now diagnosed as a type of mental illness.

Psychiatry Targets Internet Conspiracy Theorists

Particularly disturbing is that the new manual targets internet users and conspiracy theorists. If someone is judged, by some vague set of criteria, to spend too much time on the internet, they could be judged to be mentally ill and ineligible to own a gun. How are you receiving this information? The chances are that you are, at least according to Obama and Biden, giving in to your internet addiction and reading this article. Under the new Obama guidelines this would be grounds for gun confiscation. The alternative media is predicated on internet readership and listenership. These groups would be among the first groups to oppose a martial law crackdown, and now they are the first to be targeted.

Subsequently, this is just another backdoor method to disarm citizens who would oppose the abject tyranny being imposed upon America. And these facts sum up what is truly behind the Obama administration’s latest attack upon gun ownership because they want to prey upon a defenseless nation by disarming as many of us as possible before the purges can begin in earnest.

Under Obama’s new proposed gun regulations, anyone who has a diagnosable, or is potentially diagnosable (i.e. pre-crime) for being mentally ill, can have their gun confiscated. Vice President Biden even feels that they can violate HIPPA privacy regulations in requiring the states to report who has been treated for a mental illness. Therefore, in the name of confiscating your gun, this administration thinks it is acceptable to violate federal privacy laws.

What is interesting to me is that the Obama administration is not even trying to distinguish between mental illnesses in terms of who should, or should not own a gun. In the eyes of the Obama administration, all mental illnesses are created equal. A person with a phobia is just as dangerous as a sociopath. One in six Americans have a “diagnosable anxiety disorder”. This is completely understandable given the economic and political times that we live in. However, under the new proposed guidelines, all of these people would be ineligible to have a gun in their possession even though there is not a shred of research which indicates this population would be inclined towards gun violence any more than any other population.

I once predicted that any form of political protest would be demonized and used as the basis for the administration of assignment a mentally ill label upon anyone who disagrees with the government.

Political Schizophrenia

This is the new Soviet style political schizophrenia. We will see confinements among the alternative media and the veterans for things like ADHD, grieving, normal anxiety, bad eating habits, etc. All of these behaviors and more have been categorized as pathologies under the Obama administration and a supportive American Psychiatric Association.

Oppositional Defiant Disorder Is the Newest Weapon Against Political Dissent

When I went through my clinical training, the Bible of mental illness, The Statistical and Diagnostic Manual (DSM-4r) defined Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD) as a highly controversial mentally illness used to describe children and teens as mentally ill they exhibited disobedience and defiance. When I was first nationally credentialed, most practitioners did not take this diagnosis seriously and we mistakenly believed that it would fade away. We uniformly believed this to be true because defiance and oppositional behaviors are hallmark traits of healthy rebellion exhibited by children and teens as they seek independence. Rather than ODD fading away, the diagnosis has become the tool of the ruling elite.

The new DSM (5) has expanded the definition of ODD to include adults who exemplify “paranoid ideation” about the government and frequently express these delusional ideations on the internet.

In its analysis of the political abuse of psychiatry in both the Soviet Union and China, The Journal of the American Academy of Psychiatry and the Law stated that “Psychiatric incarceration of mentally healthy people is uniformly understood to be a particularly pernicious form of repression, because it uses the powerful modalities of medicine as tools of punishment, and it compounds a deep affront to human rights with deception and fraud…”

Conclusion

The Obama people are trying to take this country down a very slippery slope. They are seeking to disarm as many Americans as possible with all available means such what has been described in this article.

The historical precedent, and subsequent danger of seizing guns under such a false pretense, has been well-established. Therefore, I will not belabor a well-established point, that all 19 genocides in the 20th century were preceded by gun confiscation. Why should we consider Obama’s recent actions to be any less threatening of deadly?

What is even more frightening, is the new ODD diagnosis will not just seize guns. It will commandeer a person’s mind through incarceration, for their own good of course, and forced drugging which will chemically castrate the brains of all arrested political dissidents.

We already know that Obamacare forces doctors to ask the gun ownership status of their patients. It is not a leap of logic that anyone owning a gun will soon be diagnosed with yet another manufactured mental illness tied to gun ownership.

I would like to hear from psychiatrists. Are you going to support this tyranny? Or, are you going to be an Oathkeeper to your profession and “do no harm” to your patients? Or, will you capitulate and goose-step your way through the new political prisons in America and do your part to suppress liberty?

edit on 29-4-2014 by pointr97 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-4-2014 by pointr97 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 03:17 AM
link   
And, Yes, I know this isn't news to most of us here....we saw this coming, but just more tinder on the bundle.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 03:50 AM
link   
a reply to: pointr97

Ah the wonderful world of psychology! Nothing like approaching the problems of the ego from a strictly left sided brain devoid of any connection to spirit that truly keeps us balanced. I mean really now, how much longer can this profession continue! Well looks like they will be getting good business, since you can call anyone a conspiracy theorist, depending on who you are looking at and who you deem a threat!

None of this surpises me, everything that the "elite" are attempting to do is going to become clear as day as our consciousness ascends, not one step of this is out of line with the divine plan, sadly it appears that the divine plan comes with mass suffering, for some of the lessons we chose to learn when we came here are painful ones!

Power to the people! Simply do not see a psychiatrist lol!!

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 04:11 AM
link   
You can't deny there are extreme mental issues with many members of sites like this.
I'm sure some are very dangerous.
edit on 29-4-2014 by Jefferton because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 05:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
You can't deny there are extreme mental issues with many members of sites like this.

I genuinely hope you are joking. Dangerous (and non-dangerous) people are everywhere you can imagine, not just on alternative 'net forums. Deviation from mainstream society is not a disorder.

This is just a horribly disguised witch hunt for dissenters.

edit on 29-4-2014 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

You can't deny there are extreme mental issues with many members of sites like this. I'm sure some are very dangerous. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Am I correct youre implicating yourself as one of these dangerous and have extreme mental issues as well?

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: elementalgrove

Ah the wonderful world of psychology! Nothing like approaching the problems of the ego from a strictly left sided brain devoid of any connection to spirit that truly keeps us balanced. I mean really now, how much longer can this profession continue! Well looks like they will be getting good business, since you can call anyone a conspiracy theorist, depending on who you are looking at and who you deem a threat!

None of this surpises me, everything that the "elite" are attempting to do is going to become clear as day as our consciousness ascends, not one step of this is out of line with the divine plan, sadly it appears that the divine plan comes with mass suffering, for some of the lessons we chose to learn when we came here are painful ones!

Power to the people! Simply do not see a psychiatrist lol!!

Read the Fifth Protocol again. The psychological diagnosis is the second most
effective simultaneous chilling and control mechanism in history-- right behind
that dagger at one's liver. You're crazy if they say you are; and if the megalo-
maniacs are inventing the designations who and what are we to disagree?

I contend to my last breath that the world was at my birth 70% evil... and it's
never got better. What power? He's just crazy, we know better because we
possess advanced degrees of indoctrination into evil. Good luck.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
May you receive a town full of flags and a galaxy of stars.
They want a war... it's on the front burner now.

Everything the government is doing to try to control us
is so morally and intellectually bankrupt; the only way to
get away with it is call anybody with discernment,
a conscience and motivation insane.
Mirroring is the last desparate attempt at control by a
psychopath... and this government at large is profiling
as a world class doozie that Dr. Lechter wouldn't invite
to tea, much less dinner.
These inept clowns put the trol in mind control

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Its not just Psychiatrists.

Its ANYONE in the medical field. Any one of them (even cops) have the ability to strip you of your rights by simply saying that they suspect that you may be a "problem".

Your family physician, dentist, nurse practitioner, pharmacist, etc., can all order you to be held involuntarily for a "psychiatric evaluation"or whats known in CA as a 5150.

A 5150 results in the loss of your gun rights, your right of self protection.

And its not just CA, many states have similar laws.

Whats considered "crazy"? Heres a partial list:
  • Having an interest in conspiracy "theories".
  • Not wanting to take vaccines.
  • Taking an interest in natural or "alternative" cures.
  • Being "anti-government" (doesnt matter if youre OWS or support Cliven Bundy).
  • Being "anti-fluoride".
  • Being "anti-GMO".
Whenever youre around these establishment Brownshirts, do yourself a favor and toe the establishment line.

edit on 29-4-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
speaking from personal experience, psychiatrists have always been used as thought police, where have you been, the biggest mistake we ever made was actually taking them seriously

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Another reason to not seek medical help for depression, anxiety.... and the like!

How many people will elect to not seek treatment because of crap like this! I had kind of resigned myself to never having a gun in my name because I did see a doctor for depression, on more then one occasion, so I assumed I would be ineligible at some point. Effed up!

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
This goes along with a story I had read the other day about veterans being forced to identify themselves as veterans to their neighbors, so the neighbors know they are living next to a potential crazy person. I have it bookmarked at home, and will try to remember to update with the link.
They are trying to label, divide and group everybody up into easily handled and managed groups. The biggest threats in one group, the medium threats in another, then a couple groups of potential dissenters, then those who could be frightened into compliance, then sheep.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh

What does it hurt to try?

I have a friend that has been admitted to a psychiatric hospital and has had a couple of "episodes". He still has his FOID card. He even had an exorcism done because his familythought he was infiltrated by demons.

We live in Obama's back yard, good ole gun control Illinois.

If you feel you want to be a responsible gun owner, then why not try? Don't let this political dribble keep you from trying.

Now with that being said, if you feel that maybe you shouldn't have a gun, then please don't. I am only trying to point out that what you read in the media/especially here, doesn't always translate to the real world.

Btw I am not making up my friends story. He is a responsible gun owner, despite his past issues. We used to hunt and target shoot all the time.

edit on 29-4-2014 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

First, I'm not saying the OP is wrong, but you have to consider for bias in the sources conclusions. Just like any other internet source, in this case a blog, the reality is not always equal to their assertion. A few facts that they get wrong . . .

- First . . . being in the DSM means nothing. It is simply a tool to help mental health workers treat people.

- This is not new. The DSM-V, while not published until 2013, was developed beginning in 1999. So, the fact that this is being used as a political device by the authors, for an issue that wan't an issue or a man who wasn't in office 15 yrs ago, is dishonest and reeks of misinfo/propaganda. This latest edition has nothing to do with Obamacare or Gun Control . . . that's fear mongering and a biased reporter participating in political trolling.

- Most of the new inclusions were highly debated/argued against, so many in the mental health profession don't agree with many of the new inclusions. However, they have been debated at conferences and in papers for over 10 years and had nothing to do with the "political climate" of the time (be it under Bush or Obama).

- This has nothing to do with Psychiatrists being a weapon, any more than the fable of you having to tell your GP, if you are a gun owner.

- Psychiatry is not Psychology and is not political or in league with any political ideology.

- The conditions that are brought up in the DSM are legit. However, no clinician or practitioner is going to look at these issues in a vacuum. The majority of conditions that many laypeople find so "disturbing" have always been something to look at/for; however, in the past they were merely symptoms of more traditional ailments, not of their own classification. That is where the "controversy" on these arise between people in the mental health professions. Laypeople don't seem to understand that simply "distrusting the government" or "reading about conspiracy theories" is not going to get you label crazy, if you are perfectly able to function and are not a harm to anyone. It is the EXTREME cases of these delusions that they are talking about. Even then, they usually speak to a larger issue (and again why many psychologists and psychiatrists don't agree that they should be listed as unique disorders).

- Unfortunately, those that do exhibit this in the extreme will not recognize they are sick, just like those that are depressed (not just sad) cannot recognize they are depressed or correlate their poor behaviors with a mental issue. Conspiracist ideation, distrust of authority, etc. are very prevalent in those with mental issues . . .and those people can be very dangerous when their delusions are threatened or supported. Such as . . . IDK, a political motivated Arizona blogger inciting them to feel that now mental health workers are agents of an insidious government plot to strip you of your freedoms, implying that they shouldn't get help?

- These entries were mentioned in the DSR-IV TSR, albeit some as a part of a larger entry. However, nobody equated them with gun control or Obama back in 2000 when it was published. Back then it was the opposite . . . somehow this was a plot by Bush to bring about fascism and give the gov an excuse to lock you in a camp and take your kids. Historical perspective can be your friend.

Hodges, as usual, goes way overboard for the purposes of generating fear. As reported psychology professor, Hodges should know full well that none of the disorders listed exist in a vacuum and that (in the issues he brings up) they are at the extreme end of the spectrum.

However, his premise is not to educate but to scare for political purposes. And, in doing so, exaggerates and makes connections that don't exist.

I'm no fan of psychiatrists or the profession in general, outside of the need for them in hospitals for those that need supervised pharmacological treatment (like schizophrenia). I do have a B.Sc. in Developmental Psychology, however, so I know that Hodges take is bunk.

Hodges is the worst kind of dangerous because he prays on the gullible and those that may have the very issues he is talking about, all while implying that if the seek (or are ordered to get) help that is how the government will take your rights, or kids, or freedom.

Here is some perspective on what those in the mental health profession feel about the changes to the 5.

This is the saddest moment in my 45 year career of studying, practicing, and teaching psychiatry. The Board of Trustees of the American Psychiatric Association has given its final approval to a deeply flawed DSM 5 containing many changes that seem clearly unsafe and scientifically unsound. My best advice to clinicians, to the press, and to the general public - be skeptical and don't follow DSM 5 blindly down a road likely to lead to massive over-diagnosis and harmful over-medication. Just ignore the ten changes that make no sense.

Psychology Today - DSM-V is not Bible - 10 changes to ignore

edit on 4/29/14 by solomons path because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

Haha... I haven't tried yet, because I can't afford a handgun. That's really all that has stopped me. It's on the list of things to get, but we haven't been able to swing it yet.

I just figure that it may come to having guns taken first from people who can be labeled as having a mental illness. And since I have been through a couple episodes, documented, I would not be surprised to be on a list at some point.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Do you have any other sources? Was this some type of Whitehouse press release?

What I found would conflict with what is being said in your source.

The American Psychiatric Association is releasing the new, extremely controversial, edition of its Diagnostic and Statistical Manual, DSM-V. This increasingly bloated, subjective, unreliable, drug sales manual seems finally to have crossed some sort of b.s. threshold that is making the neuroscience community fire back. On April 29, NIMH Director Thomas Insel announced the NIMH will no longer be using DSM diagnoses in its research projects. Insel wrote:

www.dailykos.com...#

It seems to me that the NIMH would have to sign off on it.
W

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
George Orwell was not warning us. He was thumbing his nose at us.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

^^^case in point^^^ projection, paranoia, delusional, narcissism?
edit on 29-4-2014 by Deny Arrogance because: Added a second line.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Because, thats all we need in america, MORE reason for the mentally ill NOT to seek help.

This sounds like a self fulfillment thing, more people afraid to seek help, means more people unstable out there.

Could be the triggering event for even more gun control.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: benrl

But who is pulling the trigger?

Doesn't seem to be Whitehouse policy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join