It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Being the light--and having it stolen?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: RifRAAF

glad i could help! that's awesome that wormwood grows wild near you! i'm kinda jealous actually

i know there are a lot of varieties like you mentioned and i've heard that you can soak wormwood in high proof neutral spirits like vodka and make your own make shift, basic absinthe. though commercial absinthe has several other herbs in it that give it it's unique flavor profile.

and if i were you i would definitely pay that neighbor a visit for some fresh lavender, there's really nothing like garden fresh! you can dry it out, crush it with a mortal and pedestal and make your own incense for cleansing and protection. I think you might even be able to make tea with it. that's something you can probably find more about on Erowid.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: CallmeRaskolnikov
I had a nice long reply, but I'm worried of a T&C violation, from what I have heard its illegal in the states?, its legal here but most of it doesnt actually have wormwood in it, just flavors to make it taste like absinthe.

Yeah I really really dont recommend trying soaking it in vodka, not good, very not good. Food grade ethanol (80%-90%) would work a lot better, then dilute it with distilled water. Seriously tho, this is one of those "do not try this at home" things (and I am a DIY gal).

Really it should be added in the distilling process to break down the oils. Think more along the lines of how to make gin, than how to make vodka infusions. All I ended up with was how to make yourself projectile vomit (after one horrid non-absinthe tasting shot).

Absinthe and Red Bull--now that is something I recommend!!!

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: RifRAAF

wormwood isn't illegal in the united states, at least not anymore if it was. they recently in the past few years or maybe more passed a law stating that absinthe can now be made and sold inside of the united states. though they limit the thoujone/wormwood to 15mg i believe so it's kinda tame compared to other countries absinthes. however, you can order absinthe and have it shipped to your house from other places and that isn't against law either. i've got a bottle of la fee boheme and it's absolutely delicious. you can actually find really chip tax free absinthe in the Caribbean islands and it's amazing. last time i went on vacation down there i brought several bottles of legit absinthe and it was cheaper than regular alcohol like jack daniels.

as for the homemade stuff it needs to be distilled. i think that is the most important thing. you cant just soak the wormwood and expect to get good absinthe. their is this company online that makes what's called absinthe concentrate. which is all of the essential herbs and ingredients distilled down to like a 2oz bottle of "concentrate". All you have to do from there is add that distilled concentrate to high proof neutral grain spirits and voilĂ ! it actually makes a pretty fine bottle of spirits when your done. no soaking for long periods of time, no complex recipes, just mix, stir and drink!

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: CallmeRaskolnikov
You have given me another reason to go to the Caribbean--one day, one day...

back on topic (others are going to think I'm an alcoholic--I'm Australian! its normal): I've been experiencing the light/aura, but without the feeling of dread that I had prior. In fact most the high weirdness that was happening over the past 2 months seems to have resided. Nobody jumping on my roof, nobody knocking at my door which cant be knocked on, more importantly no feeling like something/one is sucking on my aura. I think understanding the situation was what forced that.

I didnt mention this before (maybe I did and dont remember), but the night I woke up smelling dead and came here to post; well after I went back to bed I heard a voice yell F---! like it had stuffed up or lost something (this was about 5am and it was just breaking dawn). It was in a similar way to how gamers say F---! when they get killed, but I'm the only gamer in the complex and the voice was one I did not recognize (I know most of my neighbors). It came from just outside my bedroom, on the other side of the wall to where my bed lays. It fits in with some of the other high strangeness, and I think that understanding the light/aura has helped move whatever it was along. I hope.

Ive only had 1 instance of strangeness since, and Im possibly going to write that off as hyper vigilance.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join