It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Sphere": Curiosity Sol 610...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful
We're saying this is a "anomaly" because it's very rare to find spherical rocks at mars.
No one said 'absurd', how I said, it is very rare to find spherical rocks at Mars. And , if this is sculpted by nature, this means that Mars had life conditions many years ago

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
ATTENTION! Please knock off the bickering and discuss the topic and the topic only. Since half the first two pages are off topic and or insults, if it does not stop posting bans may follow.

Do not reply to this message.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arken
An amazing spherical anomaly right in front of the NASA rover called "Curiosity!" (What a strange name for a so indifferent machine...) on Sol 610. How it was formed this Bizarre Sphere? Wind erosion, Water erosion, both, or something else? How it was formed this absurd spherical anomaly? The unique feature of the Sphere, cast many questions. If you were the JPL "puppeteers" of the Rover, would not want to look more closely at such anomaly to understand its characteristics?

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Is it just me, but does anyone else see a couple of Mad Max type cars in the top right and what looks like an arch in the top left of the bottom picture (Guess I've been watching too much Star Trek).

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

Haha yeah I see them and the very top left of the 2nd picture lols like miss piggy from the muppets. Yeah I know I know but its been a long day

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Thanks Arken. Keep em coming.

Whether it is unnatural or created by water or glacier erosion or something else it is still very interesting.

It is too bad that NASA doesn't seem to think so.

We look light years away for planets that either now or in the past could support life and we have one right in our backyard.

We should be up there with the expectation that there was once life, intelligent or otherwise, there and actively looking for artifacts.

I don't understand why we aren't.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
sorted, its a fosilised egg

edit on 29-4-2014 by weemadalex because: change pic link

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: weemadalex
sorted, its a fosilised egg

Here's an Alien emerging from one of such eggs.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Maybe these spheroid rocks are just larger blueberry concretions which get magically eroded from non-existent mother-rocks filled with such concretions. This is the theory for blueberries and this may be the theory too for other concretion-type spherical concretions.

To date, as far as I know, we have not been shown where these concretions come from. I would expect to see some rocks where the weak pathetic wind is eroding the rock face and these concretions just drop out onto the ground. Therefore there would be a buildup of blueberries at the base of the originating rock.

Exploring the idea that this rock was created sperical by erosion - This spheroidal rock is not smooth. Ancient water flows or dust particles blown in the weak wind on Mars would have gradually sanded the rock to a smooth finish - much like your tumbled stones Erik. (I remember you referred to these in earlier explanatory posts)

However, there is no such smooth surface on this ancient or modern-eroded rock so what created it? Not water or wind-blown dust it seems?

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: wildespace

How it was formed this absurd spherical anomaly?

Water erosion? A displaced concretion? Glacial erosion?

There is nothing absurd about spherical rocks. Why are you calling it an anomaly?

Maybe because that's a naturally occurring spherical rock with a naturally mane-made core sample hole drilled into it..lol

2nd

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Can't the "Rover" do what it's name indicates and rove up to and around the round rock while taking pictures? Is our ability to navigate off the planned course and do a little investigating so impossible?

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Arken

Dear Arken,

After spending hours of analysis on this picture I should conclude that IF the Sphere is only appearing in the Right cam picture...

It must obviously be a COSMIC RAY!

Sorry, I just couldn't resist
Peace
Lord Adef

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 01:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAdef
a reply to: Arken

Dear Arken,

After spending hours of analysis on this picture I should conclude that IF the Sphere is only appearing in the Right cam picture...

It must obviously be a COSMIC RAY!

Sorry, I just couldn't resist
Peace
Lord Adef

Sorry to disagree LordAdef, but I see only a ROCK!

I couldn't resist, me too...

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   

a reply to: wmd_2008

As Erick posted above...

You're not new.

Here's a piece of advice: address the actual topic of the thread. NOT the members in the thread.

Doing so is against the TCs.

With pleasure Arken!!!!

This rock looks VERY SPHERICAL and is unusual.

This ROCK is NOT AS SPHERICAL and so is not as unusual.

Also my removed quote was 100% accurate.
edit on 30-4-2014 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful

originally posted by: eriktheawful
Still waiting for an answer to my questions:

How is this rock "bizarre" ? How is it an "anomaly"?

It's a rock that looks round in shape from the point of view of the camera shot.

Why do you think that the fact that it is roughly round (and looking at it, it certainly is not smooth) is a "absurd spherical anomaly"?

Are you saying that there is no way at all that any rock on Mars could have formed this way naturally?

If so, then where is your supporting evidence that there is no way possible for a rock on Mars to attain this shape over the course of 4 billion years?
- See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hmmmm... read my two previous posts and change the name wildespace with your.

Hmmmmm...seems like your are deflecting....(and discussing other members....against the TCs), and are instead: avoiding my questions.

Once again:

WHY is the fact that a rock has a round shape on Mars "Bizarre", "Absurd", and an "Anomaly"?

WHY do you think it's impossible for this to have happened naturally?

WHERE is your supporting evidence?

Now: will you answer my questions? Or will you continue to deflect, insult and break the TCs?

Well it's the ONLY one we have seen so far on Mars. What's the definition of anomaly again? This has to at least be close. But seeing how nit picky you are about the tnc, (more picky than the mods it seems) I guess you could just be one of those people where everything has to be EXACT, or you throw a fit, I dunno cause I don't know you. Next someone will tell us its not an EXACT sphere. Yes but it could have been at one time and has been eroded be wind and sand over time. Or maybe it never was a perfect sphere but that doesn't mean it's not yet another interesting feature on mars!

edit on 4/30/2014 by 3n19m470 because: I just noticed blaines warning...

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

No, it's not a perfect sphere.

No, it is NOT the ONLY one.

Take some time and go look through 615 martian days of pictures from Curiosity. You'll find plenty of other round rocks, some that come close to being spherical in shape.

Sorry, but it is not an anomaly.

What would make it an actual anomaly would be if it were a bowling ball, complete with finger holes drilled into it. Or a car tire with chrome rims. Or a 2 liter coke bottle.

Or yes: a spherical rock, that is a perfect sphere with a very smooth and polished surface.

But it is not. It's a very rough, roundish rock (we don't even have pictures of different angles of it yet...it could be cylindrical and we're seeing the end of it for all you, I or anyone else knows right now), that appears to be spherical in shape.

Plenty of those shown in other pictures of Mars.

Go look.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Go look.

NO. You Go.

You go and show us what you say you have found.

You go and show us your evidences of other spherical stones.

And tell us HOW and HOW many TIME AGO and in WHAT ENVIRONMENT (desert, salt water, ice, lake etc..) they were formed.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Go look.

NO. You Go.

You go and show us what you say you have found.

You go and show us your evidences of other spherical stones.

And tell us HOW and HOW many TIME AGO and in WHAT ENVIRONMENT (desert, salt water, ice, lake etc..) they were formed.

No need for me to do that.

All anyone has to do is go through and look at all the Mars Rock images you have posted here on ATS. They are there in many of your images.

Or they can go look at images from Curiosity itself.

You are the one making the extraordinary claim that this rock is extra special and an anomaly.

Not me.

So the burden of proof lays completely with you. You are the one that must prove that this is the only rock on Mars that has a spherical shape. That it is completely unique in that NO other rocks on Mars have any shape close to it.
That there is NO way in the 4 billion years history of Mars that rocks can not end up being shaped by natural processes that have occurred on Mars.

You have not even proved it's spherical in shape yet: you only have images from the same angle......and there are many ways for something to look the way it does based upon the angle of the picture taken.

So again: burden of proof is not on me, as I'm not the one making the extraordinary claim.

The burden is on you.....

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
This thread reminds me of a brawl in a kindergarden. Any serious reasons as to why Curiosity should halt its planned (and financed) activities in order to take some pictures of a spherical rock. I think the real science done by Curiosity and its team is far more valuable.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
i don't understand why people are finding it so hard to understand the point being made here..

As per our 'complete' understanding, earth is/was the only planet with water in the ENTIRE universe, so as per this hypothesis, water erosion is ruled out.

There apparently is no atmosphere on Mars, so WIND erosion?? how?

and for it reach an almost spherical shape indicates a long time of natural erosion...

Thank you for your threads Arken..
not many may not agree with them all, but it certainly peeks your interest to know that we really know nothing about the place we hold in this space..

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: wildespace Any serious reasons as to why Curiosity should halt its planned (and financed) activities in order to take some pictures of a spherical rock. I think the real science done by Curiosity and its team is far more valuable.

Oh most definitely it should! An object that hasn't been seen before, in the many thousands of photos taken over the years, could reveal something we didn't know about ________(fill in the blank). If it's unusual..investigate it. That's exploration.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join