It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do the Deaf or Blind have Dream, Astral, or OBE Experiences Wherein They are Able to Hear &/or See?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I was reading the website www.multidimensionalman.com over the past several nights before bed. The author has a fantastic binaural beat music meditation track on the homepage. He shares his years of astral travel & metaphysical research on the site.
Multidimensional Man website

I thought of a question this evening regarding the premise which holds that our existence is much more than this material realm, & there is a constant circular time and cosmological roundness, infinity and nothing and everything around us. You know, the stuff that is a challenge to wrap a menial, physical mind around. The question is: Do the Deaf or Blind have Dream, Astral, OBE, or NDE Experiences Wherein They are Able to Hear &/or See?

If the Multidimensional Man website model of reality is taken to be true, does it follow that Yes, deaf people & blind people, being more than their material selves in this physical plane, would have metaphysical wanderings and perhaps conscious rememberances of nonphysical seeing & hearing.

Any thoughts on this or experiences to share?
I will shortly edit to include link to site.
edit on 28-4-2014 by kkrattiger because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-4-2014 by kkrattiger because: Link y

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: kkrattiger

I follow a channel on youtube which collects video's of people discussing their Near Death Experiences and there are quite a few blind from birth who have had NDE's and are able to see the world for the 1st time in that moment. One lady said it was a terrifying experience the 1st time but during her NDE she was able to identidy herself by the ring she was wearing.
What I found interesting was that she had never dreamed with vision only sounds, so her NDE was her 1st ever visual experience.

I'll see if I can find the link, I think it might have been a coast 2 coast episode. EDIT: Found it.

edit on 28-4-2014 by mclarenmp4 because: Adding video.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Would watch the video if you link it. thank you for reply! a reply to: mclarenmp4

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Added the video to my post.
It was an interesting video to listen to because of the significance of the experience. It confirmed to me that these are spiritual experiences and not illusions of a dying brain.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: mclarenmp4 Interesting. She says she could see a body going in and out
her mouth, when she had an out-of-body experience at scene of car accident in the 60s. And at the hospital after another car accident in the 70s, she was "on the ceiling" & could hear the doctors, & could "feel" or read their mind. That was when she recognized herself by "seeing" the ring on the hand of the woman on the hospital bed.
I wonder how common it is to have been in two bad car accidents.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   

You would have thought after the 1st accident that she wouldn't get back behind the wheel.

In all seriousness though being in 2 life threatening accidents and surviving to tell the tale is probably very uncommon & a lot of them feel that their purpose is to share these stories with the world. A lot of these NDE experiences their recovery is often miraculous and medically speaking unbelievable.

If you want a wealth of a NDE accounts then subscribe to the channel that the video I posted is from, it's a great resource.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
i'm not sure but i've taken a look at the skeptics take on this:
www.skepticforum.com...

but the scientific study they present is at most, vaguely related and doesn't really explain much about miss umpeg's experience

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Thanks for the link. am heading there now...a reply to: MeteoraXV

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
good BUT as i'm just as weary of skeptics as i am of conspiracy theorists and the paranormally inclined i have also taken a look at this page, debunking skeptics arguments of why NDEs aren't a real thing:
aleroy.com...

bottom line is we just don't know for sure...science can't explain everything and what we know is a drop and we don't know is an ocean

that multidimensionalman site i've yet to find time to read lol!! i've saved that website like a year ago because it's so interesting...will get to it this weekend...thanks for the reminder
edit on 29-4-2014 by MeteoraXV because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 03:34 AM
link   
It's chockfull of reading & vids, that's for sure. I like his delivery. He says the book came about from wanting to leave his kids a more organized form of his journals. Have you any sites you would recommend? a reply to: MeteoraXV

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 03:45 AM
link   
How about in dream or astral traveling states? Meditation- experiences or even experiences in psychedelia? we've discussed the NDE part... I'm wondering about trained mental states or a studied attempt at achieving heightened consciousness, which involves senses... reply to: kkrattiger

new topics

top topics

join