Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

New Probe Confirms Harry Reid's Long History of Corruption

page: 1

join

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Here we can see with crystal clarity how Harry Reid is involved with dirty politics, corruption, cronyism, nepotism as well as a host of everything else that raises a glass to his ideals.

He certainly is a prime example of how somebody gets corrupted and rises above their abilities and gets exposed and then squirms when confronted.

One has to wonder if He has some kind of a complex?

Some of the "Known" dealings are in the two stories;

The seemingly Teflon senior senator from Nevada, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, has been forced to respond to charges made in a two-part investigation into his dealings published last week at RealClearPolitics

The initial investigation looked into multiple claims of corruption, and responses from Reid’s PR people failed to deflect them.

Adam O’Neal led off with a relatively innocuous charge that in 2012 and 2013 Reid’s campaign staff spent some $30,000 buying appreciation gifts for his donors from a store owned by his granddaughter. It was a small thing: The amount spent by his staff was seven times more than the staff spent elsewhere, combined. In the past such charges would have met apathy from Reid, who simply ignored them and passed them off. Reid was willing to let time go by and memories fade. Not this time, apparently — Reid’s staff said that to avoid the appearance of impropriety, Reid would pay those bills out of his own pocket. He tried to ingratiate himself at the time, saying that he was glad he could afford to write the check.

New Probe Confirms Harry Reid's Long History of Corruption

Reid is one sorry excuse for failure. And an even sorrier excuse for "success"

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I remember reading about that quite a while ago.
Nothing came of it then, so I'll be surprised if it does now.
I'm pretty sure there's more than enough proof to nail him to the wall, should those 'protecting' him decide to jump ship.
Crook.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
While we know them congress critters are corrupt, I find the timing a little suspicious, this being immediately after his calling out the Koch bros. If only the house of cards would fall with Harry pointing fingers at all the other corrupt critters.

S&F
edit on 28-4-2014 by AlaskanDad because: s&f

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Time for Harry Reid to step down as Majority Leader IMO

Vote another Dem to replace him, I don't care
But with investigations underway and him being under scrutiny--not to mention his character being questionable--Reid needs to pass the torch to someone more qualified

edit on 28-4-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: snarky412

I found this quote from the main article especially amusing.

Reid, who will turn 75 in December, plans to run for reelection in 2016. His reelection is assured, thanks for his extensive and powerfully entrenched political machine.

After that, whether he is removed from the Senate on a gurney or in handcuffs remains to be seen.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I hear this is his next campaign poster portrait...

Just keeping with the theme of my avatar...

edit on 28-4-2014 by madmac5150 because: aesthetics

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
The town he grew-up in Searchlight is so tiny and desolate he was Mormon "red neck" for a long time.
When he was elected, Nevada was still in the Frank Sinatra era...Cliven Bundy in his 40s.
Over a long time period, he gradually became very devious in his associates link to businesses.
My question for the Mormons is why isn't the Bishop chastising "Dirty Harry" for his corruption?

"Be fair and respectful towards one another in your dealings" - Brigham Young
edit on 28-4-2014 by Granite because: sp

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
John Birch Society. I should have just stopped reading when I saw the ad for their propaganda DVD.

In 2002, Reid put $10,000 into an investment fund of another good friend, Clair Haycock. The fund bought some land in Bullhead City, Arizona, for which, according to the Los Angeles Times, it paid just 10 percent of its estimated value. Reid sponsored an $18-million earmark for a bridge that would — again, conveniently — connect Bullhead City with Laughlin, Nevada, greatly increasing the value of his land. Reid now carries that investment on his financial statement as worth between $250,000 and $500,000

I've been on that bridge several times while vacationing in Laughlin with my wife. The airport is in Bullhead City — on the other side of Colorado river where most of the people who work in Laughlin actually live.

He’s also used his insider knowledge to great personal benefit. In 2005, he invested between $50,000 and $100,000 in the Dow Jones U.S. Energy Sector Fund, paying $29 a share. Three years later he sold out at $42 a share. Two months later, according to O’Neal, Reid supported legislation that would cost energy companies millions in new taxes and regulatory fees. The fund dropped to half its value, but by then Reid was long gone.

I'm sure that really pissed Charles Koch and the John Birch Society off.

The corruption isn’t limited to Reid himself, either. While running for governor in 2010, Son Rory “obscured” the source of some $900,000 in campaign donations through the use of shell companies, costing him $25,000 in fines. Senior Reid was reportedly surprised to learn about his son’s corruption in the papers, while Rory himself “pulled a Reid” by claiming that his illegal behavior was not intentional but instead was meant to point out that the system “was unclear” in many ways, and that he just got confused about what he could get away with and what he couldn’t.

Guess he should have pulled a "Ron Paul," paid the fines and said he was doing it in the name of protecting the rights of donors.

Reid has been one of [ENN’s] most prominent advocates, helping recruit the company during a 2011 trip to China and applying his political muscle on behalf of the project in Nevada. His son, a lawyer with a prominent Las Vegas firm that is representing ENN, helped it locate a 9,000-acre desert site that it is buying well below appraised value from Clark County, where Rory Reid formerly chaired the county commission.

“Well below appraised value” is a considerable understatement. The deal Rory Reid put together for the firm his dad brought to town saw ENN purchase the site for just $4.5 million — a mere fraction of separate appraisals that valued the property at $29.6 million and $38.6 million. Even with all of that, however, the project has failed to move forward as rapidly as Harry and Rory Reid would like — for the simple reason that there is currently no market in Nevada for the green energy ENN claims it could produce….

I would actually like to hear more about this. $25 million dollars sounds like a whole lot of subsidizing. I mean if we're going to sell land for cheap for somebody to make a profit, there's Cliven Bundy! Oh I'm sorry, he wants to pay $0 and employ a handful of people.

Of course there's no market for green energy.. of course. Well if that's the case, let me high five Harry Reid for scamming ENN out of $4.5 million!

I actually wouldn't be surprised if Harry Reid has done some slimy sh*t but constantly tossing out garbage like this and pretending it's damning new information is a joke and it doesn't yield any result beyond propagandizing for the JBS, Koch Bros, etc.

"New Probe Confirms" is an outright lie. It should have read, "Article on RealClearPolitics.com comments about Harry Reid's rise in stature and wealth." It's also worth mentioning that the RCP article has corrections that are omitted from the NewbAmerican article.

EDIT:

First paragraph:

The seemingly Teflon senior senator from Nevada, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, has been forced to respond to charges made in a two-part investigation into his dealings published last week at RealClearPolitics

Article in RCP which is a much more respectable outfit than the NewbAmerican source has a much less inflammatory title, "Harry Reid's Long, Steady Accretion of Power & Wealth."

Here's the editor's note at the top:

Editor’s Note: RealClearPolitics neglected to seek comment or input from Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid’s office while preparing a story published Thursday on the senator’s rise from modest circumstances in Nevada to a place of power and affluence in the nation’s capital. The text has been amended with the correction of a factual error and includes responses throughout the piece from Sen. Reid’s communications director, Adam Jentleson. Those passages appear in italics.r

"forced to respond"
edit on 2014-4-28 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Someone corrupt in DC?? Say it isn't so. Everyone in DC is corrupt you know this because they all spend more to get the job than the job pays. This is a sure sign they are open for pay offs.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Granite

Reid's rise into the big time corruption happened when he was the Chairman of the Nevada Gaming Commission.

Somebody almost killed him, but that was just a "message" to get with the program.

He took the corruption to new levels when the Mid-West and East-Coast Mobsters all got out of town (mostly) back in the 80's.

It was all his after that.

edit on Apr-28-2014 by xuenchen because:

new topics

top topics

join