It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Need More Nuclear Police!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Here are the Civil Nuclear Constabulary. www.cnc.police.uk...

There aren't anywhere near enough of them.
edit on 28 4 2014 by Kester because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Kester

Sorry, hit post by accident so I'm going to have to rush this.

Here's a video..

It seems they've been hit by the 'cuts'. That's just great. At a time when people we invaded are thinking of ways to get back at us we cut back on protection for our most vulnerable and obvious targets.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Of course they can seem a bit inappropriate at times...

But we need them to be in the right place at the right time.

Here we have a right nutter creating a scene at a nuclear power station that is undergoing decommissioning...

Oh wait a minute... That's me.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   

The hopelessly inadequate storage of nuclear waste and the decomposing reactors still stuffed full of our favourite poison present an obvious target.

We need more nuclear police!

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I quite recently saw a job vacancy that scared me a little. It was wanting police to train with guns to protect our nuclear power stations from those nasty terrorists. What you've posted must be the same thing.

Why did it scare me? Because it wont be long before they NEED to protect everything with guns!

This is just the first step!
edit on 28-4-2014 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

ETA: Found the ad.

edit on 28-4-2014 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

I have a false flag terrorist in the family, I know how faked the terrorist threat is. But we also have the real threat. Buncefield for example was a missile attack passed off as a petrol vapour explosion.
When did petrol vapour ever explode with a white flash? I can't name him without his permission but a very well known individual saw the missile pass directly over his house half a mile from Buncefield. The ridiculous sheds storing waste couldn't stop a Buzz Lightyear toy never mind a missile. www.magnoxsites.co.uk...

We need guns to prevent a ground attack and something more than a tin shed to prevent air attacks.
edit on 28 4 2014 by Kester because: capitals

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   

"...safely stored inside a self-shielded cast iron container..."
Yeah sure. Except those cast iron containers act as a crucible with the simple addition of a thermite grenade or similar. Oh by the way, did I show you my patent for pyramidal ceramic deflectors? Those cast iron containers are NOT safe. Unless they're under a missile proof roof and guarded 24 hours by well trained armed police.

Get a grip, Nuke industry.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Well, the cam shot you posted appears to be a black and white image, so not surprising the flash is white. Even a full colour cam so close would also go white as it would not be able to handle the intensity.

Do you think only those guarding the toxic sites will be armed, or do you think this will spread to the ordinary bobby on the beat?

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kester
Those cast iron containers are NOT safe. Unless they're under a missile proof roof and guarded 24 hours by well trained armed police.

Get a grip, Nuke industry.

How will a cop with a gun stop a missile?

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Perhaps I should have posted this under Rant.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

The roof! A missile proof roof! Not a single layer of aluminium.

The cops with guns stop the ram-raiders with the thermite grenades and we all sleep safely.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

You're right. But I assure you if you investigate Buncefield thoroughly you'll come to the unpleasant conclusion it was a missile attack. Very carefully timed to avoid casualties as far as possible. It was just to destroy a third of Heathrow's fuel and make a point.

The bobby on the beat generally wants a taser to bring conflicts to an end without breaking limbs etc. I think I'm right in saying most of them are proud to police without guns.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kester
The bobby on the beat generally wants a taser to bring conflicts to an end without breaking limbs etc. I think I'm right in saying most of them are proud to police without guns.

I agree, but its not the police who decide whether they have guns.

I've never heard of the missile theory before, do you have any links?

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Sorry, no links for Buncefield. The missile was heard by some witnesses. The witness who saw it regularly speaks to very large audiences. They would have mentioned it if they wanted to but they are dealing with much bigger issues. Investigation is the best way forward on that one. Oops! I seem to be getting hacked again.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Our constables have choices. Private police do not. The attempt to privatise British policing would, if we allowed it to continue, result in police who had no choice but to follow orders. Our constables will decide what is right for them. They know how we feel. Check out the comments under this video. And consider the message behind this protest march. You do all know the British Constables marched for freedom, don't you? Or did the media somehow let this one slip by you?

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Need to do away with all nuclear anything and disarm all police. They're all out of control.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
We do not need more of these officers, currently there are about 800 members of this police force protecting 9 nuclear plants in addition to providing security for the transportation of nuclear material and other support activities. Whats more according to their wiki page (quoting a official government report), from 2011 to 2012 they made 12 arrests. Thats almost 800 officers for 12 arrests.

Yes they do a important job but I would have to say they have sufficient staffing as far as i can tell.

Its also worth mentioning that these guys are not responsible for the protection of the countries nuclear weapons deterrent, that falls to the MoD Police and the military.

Other than pointing out that the CNC, like every other public service are facing cuts i dont quite get the point in this thread.

edit on 29-4-2014 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

There are ten Magnox sites. Some of them are in the same locations as the operating sites you mentioned, some are not. They are massively toxic. Demolishing the reactors will not be attempted for many decades due to the impossibility of carrying out that task with an acceptable degree of safety. Sorry grandchildren, that's your job, and you get exactly zero benefit from it. These places will all need adequate guarding over many, many years.

The defuelling at Oldbury seems to have hit a snag. Although not generating it still has to be cooled to avoid meltdown. The concrete vessel was a prototype and has proved woefully inadequate.

When the active waste vaults have finally been cleaned out all that waste will be stored in cheap aluminium warehouses by the sea. These warehouses are designed to last 150 years. Perhaps they have a secret deal with the seawater to not corrode the aluminium. It isn't certain when or even if the underground depository will be built. If it is and waste is sealed into containers they will allegedly burst after a few hundred years due to helium buildup.

Drigg looks insane on google maps. Thousands of steel containers rusting away in the open. www.bbc.co.uk...
"But the site's operators say even in the worst-case scenario the impact on life and the environment will be insignificant." Okay. So it's insignificant. But we need loads of money to manage it. Someone's telling porkies.
At least we know from the metal detecting video the CNC aren't far away, albeit acting as heavies for posh twerps.

The point is there's plenty of dangerous nuclear material that hasn't got a rapid response team on site. And the danger of a genuine terror attack is going to be with us for as long as this material is above ground and relatively easily accessible.

I'm going to have to go back over to Skunk Works so I can say what I really feel. The possibility of maniacs in power using civil nuclear material for depopulation purposes has to be considered. Don't try to work out why they'd do it. They've given us enough evidence of their utter insanity.
edit on 29 4 2014 by Kester because: correction

edit on 29 4 2014 by Kester because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Where I think we do agree is the need to get value for money. That's why I'm doing this path clearing at Berkeley. I'm encouraging all us stakeholders to get as close as we can without interfering with anyones work. So far I've experienced staff making monkey noises through the hedge which makes me suspect there may be a bit of... monkeying around going on in there. We must have value for money and a prompt, safe clean-up.

The temptation to string the job out forever is clearly hanging like a ripe fruit in front of them.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: LrdRedhawk
Need to do away with all nuclear anything and disarm all police. They're all out of control.

Couldn't agree more.

However there is this little issue called a half life. There's thousands and thousands of tons of dangerous material to do away with and not one 'nuclear expert' who knows what to do with it.

One thing that makes me laugh is the assertion that environmentalists won't let them do what they want with the waste yet somehow "On 21 October 2013, EDF Energy announced that an agreement had been reached regarding new nuclear plants to be built on the site of Hinkley Point C. EDF Group and the UK Government agreed on the key commercial terms of the investment contract."

Yeah, sure. So environmentalists stop them dealing with the waste the way they want but can't stop them building new plants? The truth is no one knows what to do with all the waste. Either it's dangerous and needs to be guarded or it isn't and it's a massive fraud.
edit on 29 4 2014 by Kester because: addition

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join